aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

1. issueid=722 12-18-2013 12:36 AM
    Total Yaoi Freak
    Allow bot profiles to profile designers

Hello,

With growing need/market for profile customizations, I was wondering if admins will allow particular graphic artists engaged in profile designs to have a dedicated bot account? It is very tedious for me to remove my entire profile to check profiles for other (since I've to preview it multiple times to get right placements) and for this reason I've been turning down pretty much all requests I get.

I know Twinstar started a rent profile thread, but I feel like it's somewhat of a headache even for her to manage, and for people to repeatedly get a profile on rent or have extension.

What I was thinking is those in need of account can write to Twinstar (? or aarin?) for permission to sign up another. And these account will be manually approved. Also, they should be put into a separate usergroup with header "Profile customization bot" and this user group should not have permission for anything except viewing user's own profile, to prevent any kind of misuse at all.
    The profile picture specs would have to be same as contributor (200x200, animated allowed, max 100kb) so that profile can be efficiently used for designing profiles for both contributor and general members.

This will also help people like SAS, other gifting options etc where people want to work on a profile design in secret.

If the above option isn't doable at all then is it possible to re-open rent a profile feature and instead of weekly renewals, allow people who took a profile to keep it until they drop it? Those who are done with their work can simply return the profile and those who make profiles regularly can keep holding one. For this to work, we'll have to add more bot profiles.

Thanks for considering!
Issue Details
Issue Number 722
Issue Type Feature
AF Support Suggestions
Category Unknown
Status Rejected
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)