aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Final Fantasy Addiction

1. ukeleo
    ukeleo
    ****Offensive USER post deleted by Staff.

FORUM ETIQUETTE
    • Do NOT SPAM , troll , or flood the forum.
      • You may chat all you want in specific chat designated sections but we will delete some posts if necessary.
    • Do NOT be rude to other forumers and no flame wars please!
    • Do NOT be rude to Admins and Mods!
      • We are not getting paid for doing this and please be grateful. Therefore, respect every staff member.
      • If you have any problems [unfairness or complaints] with a staff member, do NOT take it upon yourself to resolve it by openly telling everyone.
      • Private Message (PM) an Admin [aarinfantasy or Dai-kun] for help.
    • Results in WARNING and/or BANNING.
  2. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Thank you for the enlightening little post. Trolls come in many forms it seems.

No one has an obligation to play earlier FF games, or even the latter FF games if they don't want to.

Some people just grew up in a particular era and only like games from the part. I know people who only love the PS1 FF games, and even people who only play the FF games on the original cartridges, scoffing at even the PS1 ports of the earlier games that I actually played.

I can tell you now that while I played FFI and FFII, I didn't really enjoy them. Getting KOed and having to go all the way to a shrine to revive is just bull. The characters and story were only a secondary focus which annoyed me.

It was really FFIV and beyond that I'm particularly fond of myself, so just because you say people should play the earlier games doesn't mean they're gonna enjoy them like you did.

If you're so unhappy with the later FF games, by all means, just don't play them and don't harass the fans that do >_>

"True addiction is for those who enjoy everything Final Fantasy" is a joke. Guess what? I don't play FFXI or have any plans to play FFXIV because I don't have money to spend every month on a game. I don't like MMORPGs either, even if FF is in the title. Not to mention I never played any of the Crystal Chronicles FF games either and even though I have a Wii I don't really wanna check out "Crystal Bearers". Never watched Final Fantasy: Unlimited or played Itidaki Street. Does that make me any less of a fan?

You standards for a fan are skewed to the extreme. As long as someone enjoys even one FF game, they're a fan.
  3. darkalchemist
    darkalchemist
    Well, said Mellusia. ^^ Although I do have to say I have more respect for fans who know more than just the new popular FFs, I dun dismiss the ones who dun as non-fans. I've been a FF fan since the first game and I've checked out pretty much everything else related to the franchise but I hafta say that it's not always worth it to have 'FF' in the title. I hated Unlimited and the cursed movie (Spirits Within), the Crystal chronicles failed to intrigue me more than couple hours of boredom relief and the MMORPGs really aren't me thing either and thus not worthy of me time. ^^ Like Mellusia said: As long as ye enjoy even one FF game, yer a fan. <3