aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

..:: Ai no Kusabi ::..

1. makiyuki
    makiyuki
    @ Dem & Kira : Thank you, one of the wonderful things about Ank, both the novel and OVA, is that it is open to many interpretations. It is interestng to share those differences.
    @ limited: Why do you think Riki loves Iason less? I think I agree with that because Iason love for Riki is so consuming (that is not the best choice of words, I just can't find one now).
  2. Mifeman
    Mifeman
    @limitedfan: I'll have to disagree with you I don't think Rikki loves Iason less... It's just a different way of loving. Iason, being a elite, was never loved, only feared and respected and so his way of loving is possessive and demanding.
    Rikki on the other end, grow up in freedom. In a place where he could make his own choices and live life as he wanted to. Being deprived of that by Iason, he rebelled against it, but could never really break free from him. Even when they were apart his thoughts were always with Iason. And that's why Iason set him free. He understood Rikki would only admit his love for him, when he felt he had the freedom to do so.
  3. Hakucho
    Hakucho
    @Blind_Kira: Mulcumesc for taking them (artwork) in and for being such a great friend. I hope your new years has started well and I will keep an eye on you on the chats. I hope to talk to you some day soon. I miss our fun conversations.

@Milwaen!!! Szervusz szépségem! Hogy vagy és BUÉK az új évben. It's been a while since we've talk and I hope you are not burdened too much by studies and such. Just like poor Kira.

@every one else! Hi all and I hope you have a great time here with all us AnK fanatics A great love story with intriguing characters. Personally, I think that the relationship between Riki and Iason evolved whilst time being. I don't think iason was instantly in love with Riki, but he wasintrigued by the stubborn character of the young man, which in part is a little like Iason. Determined and strong minded. As for Riki he wasn't in love with Iason either and if you guys read the english translation which was released in Dec, you'll see both of them grew together. It wasn't love in the beginning, but it became that and evolved even further into an obsession. By the time Iason had let go of Riki to go back to Ceres, Riki had changed into a more mature person, who was not as impulsive any more and he was batting with thought he didn't possess before. As for Iason, who was actually very much of a "prick" (sorry) in the beginning of the storygoing against and in Dark Erogenous (being jealous and not tolerating anyone going against him; acting like a spoiled brat), had seen a depth within the lowert cast and within himself that slowly opened his eyes to the possibilities to live free. So basically, I think they both learned to love, but no one had counted on that love to root itself so deep and become such an overwhelming obsession. I might be wrong...everyone has their interpretation of the story adn the words.
  4. Blind_Kira
    Blind_Kira
    Welcome, Milwaen , and Hakucho darling, great to have you around miss our chats too sweetey
  5. makiyuki
    makiyuki
    @ Hakucho: I think you are dead on target about their love transforming over time. I feel hindered by the fact I have only been able to read three chapters in English. Do you think Riki realized that he loved Iason during the time he was in Ceres or after his return to Iason?
  6. limitedfan
    limitedfan
    @ Mifeman / @ Hakucho / @ Makiyuki:
    Some how I don't see it that way. I think when Iason so Riki being attacked, he felt compassion that probably intrigued him at first, knowing that he doesn't have those kind of feelings. But for a elite to follow a hoodlum to his home, I think that was more than just intrigue. I think Iason fell in love with Riki from the beginning and his curiosity lead him to grab Riki and hold him captive because he was experiencing strange unfamiliar feelings towards a free man and not a slave (not sure what they called them). Anyway, I think Iason feel in love and his grew stronger. To me, if Riki really felt strong love for Iason, he would have not down what he did to get the ring off. If he really loved him, he wouldn't be asking Iason to save the man who’s trying to destroy him, remember Guy planned to kill Iason, yet Riki asks him to save him. To me, even though I was happy that Riki went back, I always felt that having his thing removed, he realized his of no value to anyone, not even Guy, that's why he went back.
  7. Blind_Kira
    Blind_Kira
    Interesting point you make there, limitedfan. Very interesting. Well as fellow-members said, the story does have somehwat of an open-ending. Sadly, we will never know for sure just what their feelings or motivations were.
  8. noone
    noone
    what open ending? they're dead. end of the story.
  9. Miriashi
    Miriashi
    @limitedfan: I see part of your point somewhat, about Iason being intrigued by Riki from the first moment. You see, I heard Iason tell Raoul (in the dramaCD or in the translated chapters of the book, somewhere) that he was tired of brainless pets, bred for their looks and their obedience. He wanted something wild, untamed, untrained and play around with it, even though it might harm his reputation in Tanagura.

But I think Iason was not prepared for the love he developed for his black-haired, black-eyed pet. The elite themselves were bred for their purity. I think Iason was captured by Riki because of his natural pure-ness and his fighting spirit. Again, Riki's hair and his eyes were of such perfect black color, which in Iason's society, indicated genetic purity. I think he felt incredibly proud of having such a unique pet.
  10. Hakucho
    Hakucho
    Well, we are many people with many different views, but that makes it fun. Yes, iason was looking for something else, but as we can realte to most things in life you seldom fall in love the first moment you lay eyes on a person.
    In the OVAs Iason was walking away from Riki, he didn't really want to follow Riki home but it happened for Riki was persistant. Riki's persistance in turn was so that he wouldn't have to owe anyone anyhting. As a cocky little thing, he wanted to feel free. That is one of the first signals that shows his need of being free. However, Riki has never been in love before. He had lover and he had fun, but he had never been as overwhelmed as he later became with Iason. The love between them confused both Iason and Riki, for neither of them actually counted on being so drawn into something so impossible.
    I mean even though Raoul was posing a resistance to Iason's idea to have a mongrel as a lover, even Raoul has his little glitches which is not shown in the OVAs. In fact, as Miriashi says Blondies rea bred for purity, but Iason has said he finds Raoul having an odd taste in pet for in a world of men, Raoul has a certain fascination with females. Not that I mind..he can have all the fasciantion he wants. *big grin*

@ noone...it is an open ending in some way. I know for I wrote the sequel. LOL Well, I know what logic says...yes, Reiko wanted to end it the way it is typical to end a lot of these Asian love-stories. For some reason people somehow want this kind of hreat-wrecking endings, but I don't. I love stories with a twist rather than a sad ending. But it's always like that. You don't ever see Nobel price in litterature for someone who has written a heart warming, hope giving story...no it's always the gloomy, depressing, evil or horrifying thing that gets the price. I think we need a change in that perception. A story can be good even with a non-sad ending. Long live our Amoian boys!!! LOL
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast