aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Zetsuai & Bronze OVAs

1. Mousey
    Mousey
    Time for a new, more directed discussion! ^_^ Which OVA is your favorite, and why?

For me, Zetsuai is easily number one. The animation is absolutely beautiful because it's so close to Ozaki's early style, which is my favorite period of hers. The music was also better -- but I did like the music for both! One of the perks of Zetsuai was that it actually had Koji singing. Even without some of the super heavy bits from the manga (like puppy!Koji), it still had the same emotional impact on me.

The main turn-off about Bronze was the animation. UGH. I couldn't stand it! It was like the attack of the pointy faces. =( It made the Zetsuai OVA and Bronze OVA seem like two totally different titles, even though it's supposed to be the original + a sequel.

My favorite thing overall? Koyasu Takehito, LOL. The voice of Izumi! He's so amazing. Plus Hayami Show is great too. Lovely combo, yes yes.
  2. Ashura Shadow
    Ashura Shadow
    Well, that's really a hard choice! xD

You're right about the animation, Zetsuai was definitely better than Bronze... well, I wouldn't say that Bronze was bad, but it was... different. u_u"
    But I still really like Bronze, somehow... because I really don't like the way Zetsuai ends (cutting right into the story... even though I love how Koji looks so desperate at the end ~) and there are some lines about Bronze I totally love... like when Shibuya calls Koji and Koji just run off to look for Izumi...
    And, well, the song at the end of Bronze (Bronze - Saishuushou) is just, in my opinion, Zetsuai's best song. I think I listened to it something like one million times. xD

That's why I can't choose... everytime I decide to watch Zetsuai I always watch Bronze right after... I can't really imagine one of them without the seconde one... so I'll just say Zetsuai and Bronze are the best!!
  3. sapphire76
    sapphire76
    Both of these are my top faves when it comes to Yaoi animes. I have to agree with Ashura Shadow they are both too great to pick just one. Heh, I upload both here!