aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

New Style & Storylines & Soundtrack

1. oheliot
    Hey guys I'm new to forum-ing so please correct me if I say/do anything weird, but I'm really glad I found this group because I'm getting back into reading yaoi again and of course I found some new Sex Pistols chapters online and had a lot of things I've been thinking about and wanting to share with others who are also fans.

Since it's been taking forever for BLU to release new volumes of SP and I've already read my copies at least a million times, I'm always super excited when I find scanlations online. The most recent website I've found with the latest chapters is here: Sex Pistols (I hope posting this link is OK, I can't find anything in the TOS saying otherwise).

After reading this, I had a few questions I'd like to ask you guys to see what you think.

First, when comparing these chapters with Kotobuki-san's earlier volumes, I see there is a really big difference in her style of drawing. At first, I wasn't even sure if this was her work and thought it might be a doujinshi. The new style is a lot more fluid and very simple, whereas her previous style was more angular and had a lot more detail I think. Do you guys like this new style?
    At first I was really off-put by it, but after reading more and more of the new chapters, I got used to it and now I really like it. I still think I prefer the old style, but mangakas are always evolving and I think this new style also suits the storylines that are emerging.

That brings me to my next question: if you've read the new chapters (as in the ones yet to be published by BLU), do you notice that they characters and storylines seem to get more... how do I say, "magical"? Of course the entire notion of madararui/zoomanity/mpreg is not realistic, but overall I felt the original volumes still had a kind of slice-of-life, romance genre feel to them. The later volumes seem to really highlight the supernatural powers of the madararui and the storylines get a little crazy, but in a good way.

Also, with the latest pairing/storyline emerging around Shinobu, I had a total "wait, wth?" moment because I always thought he was Makio's and Karen's child (which is also what shows up in the family tree image) but apparently he isn't; and I'm not sure if the online chapters just have bad translation or what but it seems like they are saying he has another dad and that Makio is his sister/aunt? I'm so lost ; if anyone has read these new chapters and understands what's going on I'd love to know.

And also, what do you guys like to listen to when you read SP? Generic question, yes :b but I'm always interested because I love to listen to a single song on repeat whenever I read certain volumes of SP. For vol 3 I listened to Gwen Stefani's "Early Winter" because I felt like it captured the emotions that Norio may have had for Kunimasa when their relationship was on the rocks. For these new chapters, I just happened to be listening to Ladytron's "Tomorrow." I don't think it really relates back to the manga in any way but it just seems to fit =/

And last question (I swear :b): I read the Nakama scanlation version of SP so much, that when I bought my BLU volumes, it felt odd when I read their translation because I had memorized certain lines from the Nakama's version, which just felt more right. Do you guys like one version over the other?

Well, thanks for listening to my rant there SP just tends to have that effect on me