aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Gay, Straight, or Bi?

1. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    So, someone posted in one of the comments awhile back about how they thought the characters in Teahouse were not believable because the characters could go from having sex with a male to a female so easily. Take for example, Axis. His character goes from easily having sex with women to even liking having sex and enjoying having sex with Rhys. This person argued that this was not believable that if Axis' sexual orientation was straight there would be no way he would just suddenly switch gears and enjoy sex with a male like that.

Here was my counter argument against that comment: It is a yaoi comic, but here is the thing that sort of actually makes this believable for me: the setting. It is a brothel or a ***** house. I think the prostitutes wouldn't be picky when it came to genders. Money is money. I know the women wouldn't be opposed to being with another woman, so why is it so far stretched to say that a man prostitue would be with another man? He most definitely would, especially if the price is right. Gender would have nothing to do with it. All of these characters would most likely be switching back and forth from women clients to men clients. Money would be the most prominent factor in all of this, not gender and not sexual preferences.

At the end of the day, I think going back and forth between male and female clients probably takes a major toll on each characters' minds and sexual orientation. I think by the end of this comic we won't have any clue whom will end up with whom.

Anyway, what do you all think?
  2. rapana1
    rapana1
    There is a looot of room on the sliding scale of sexuality, just sayin'.
    I'm planted fairly firmly in hetero myself, but I know people that have gone riffing up n down that scale like it was the frets on a guitar. o.o

My thoughts-
    Xanthe- Bi. Leans to hetero for show, but his heart... well, I think he needs to admit that's with Linny.

Linneus- Gay, even without the writers saying so!

Axis- Bi, but he's just figuring that out.

Rory- Bi, but new to everything, and yet to really work out where he stands.

Mercutio- I think he's toy-sexual.

Claret- Probably straight, but I think she could discover an unknown Bi side if she pondered enough.

Lillith- Straight.

Gilder- I think it only just occured to him that dudes can be hawt too. So, bi.

Lord Reed- Gay.

Rhys- Bi, but prefers men.

Argent- Hmm tricky. Gonna go with Bi.
  3. sio chan
    sio chan
    I have to say I definately agree with you meryvamp. When it comes right down to it, they are all prostitutes and they will 'service' anyone who is willing to pay them - gender and sexual preference has very little if anything to do with it. Of course their own personal preferences will probably come into it if they happen to enjoy what they are doing ^^
  4. ShadowYinYang
    ShadowYinYang
    It's a brothel. That was the first reason to why I am not shocked that they switch back and forth. I agree, it doesn't matter what their sexuality is, they're selling their services!