aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Discussion Threads

1. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I was wondering, how would you guys feel about starting discussion threads for various anime? Sometimes I really wanna discuss (and, okay, fangirl over) a recent episode, but I feel surrounded by forumers much younger than me who just don't seem to get the perspective I am trying to bring. Now that doesn't make my opinion better or more worthy than theirs; I just mean I'd also like a venue where I can discuss such things with older folks IN ADDITION TO the normal threads in this forum.

So what shows are you guys all watching? We can see if 2+ people are watching any given show and that should be enough to start a discussion thread for it! Then after each episode, check back here to discuss!

I'm watching:
    Tiger and Bunny
    Uta no Prince-sama
    No. 6
  2. Blue_Star
    Blue_Star
    Haha sorry I saw this so late. But yeah this is totally me too. Out of those you listed I'm really only watching Tiger & Bunny, and I'm already over there in the thread about itXD However if you've got any 'mature' perspectives on the show I'd be willing to listen

How is No.6? I was watching Blue Exorcist until it got too high school-ish for me and I had to drop it ;p
  3. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Yeah, Blue Exorcist was just your typical shounen fair. Blehh!!

That's not to say I dislike YA series; No. 6 is definitely YA, but it's a mature story. Meaning it's exquisitely written and plotted out; it just has YA characters who have their little occasional YA issues throughout the sci-fi narrative.

In short, No. 6 is absolutely fantastic, one of the best anime I've ever seen.

Oh I have to scratch off Uta no Prince-sama from my list; it's absolutely horrid and I can't continue

And I'm adding Natsume Yuujinchou San, which is up there with T&B and No. 6 for best, most amazing anime I've ever experienced.

Okay, well, so for the next T&B episode I may post something here I like the AF threads, just sometimes I want to talk more seriously about things.
  4. eliddell
    eliddell
    Hmmm. I never even bothered with Tiger and Bunny. I'm watching (in rough order of quality):

Mawaru Penguindrum
    No. 6
    Natsume Yuujinchou San
    Dantalion no Shoka
    Kamisama no Memochou
    Kamisama Dolls
    Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyou
    A Dark Rabbit has 7 Lives (Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi) (Warning! Like Ao no Exorcist, this is shounen claptrap; I'm at least 3 episodes behind and will probably drop it if it doesn't improve by the time I catch up.)
    Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!

from the current season, and:

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo
    Hyouge Mono
    Fairy Tail
    Ao no Exorcist (yeah, still following despite it playing like a refugee from Shounen Jump, although it's near the bottom of the list for a reason)
    Stein's;Gate

on holdover from previous seasons. I generally consume two episodes of whatever a day during lunch. Started Blood C as well, but I dropped it after only one episode as unwatchable.

Yaoi-wise, No. 6 shows the most promise (and seems to have the most watchers/supporters here), but I suspectMawaru Penguindrum has more depth overall.
  5. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Great!!! I can definitely participate in a Natsume Yuujinchou and No. 6 thread with you!!! I will make a thread for them when the next episodes come out, if you don't do it first

My goodness, you are watching a lot!
  6. eliddell
    eliddell
    Well, 2 episodes at lunch every day x 7 days in a week = 14 series that I can follow (and Kiruminzoo and Hyouge Mono don't come out on anything resembling a weekly basis--actually, I'm not sure anyone is still subbing Hyouge Mono--so I can pack in the odd OAV or older series from time to time, too).

Anyway, I'll try to remember to come back here more frequently from now on, so that I don't leave you talking to yourself.
  7. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I do talk to myself on occasion, but I just tell myself I'm really talking to the cats

Well new No. 6 episode should be coming out at the start of the weekend Natsume I believe comes out closer towards the end of the weekend. I'm really anxious to discuss both these series because they deal with teenage characters (my personal favorite), and since a lot of the fans are also young, I've been looking to find some folks who are able to look back on those years and comment from a different perspective.
  8. Blue_Star
    Blue_Star
    Ok sold on No.6 I'll start on it this weekend.
  9. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I saw No. 6 discussion thread was posted; I will respond as soon as I see the new episode

And wow T&B thread exploded while I was gone for a couple days (Yesterday was my b-day so I was out enjoying myself all day.) I have a few things I wanna comment on there ... gosh I am so grateful to have such intelligent fellow Geezers to discuss anime with
  10. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Apologies to eliddell I intend to catch up on all anime (No. 6 and Natsume) tomorrow since it's Labor Day, and I can watch episodes in between cleaning the house
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast