aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Scanlators Trade Union

1. erichan
    erichan
    @fuji yeah I guess it is. I am "old" but new to the crazy world that is manga.
  2. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    @ Fuji Muahahaha*cough*cough*

yeah, typing training and grammar training too. I know a lot of translators are not native English speakers but sometimes I don't actually understand what they are trying to say ^^; Also I think it's important for translator, and editors too actually, to read the previous chapters. I just got a trans for 'Dozo yuroshiku' (sp?) as 'please take care of me' which is technically correct but that character wouldn't say that - he'd say 'Pleased to meet you' or something similar which is another way it could be translated.

^^; Have just realised I have a SaiMono dj sitting on my hard drive with a translation and I keep doing other jobs instead of it. I haven't even read it myself yet ^^; I wonder if anyone else would be interested in editing it, I could donate it to beginner editors as a practice piece or something oh well, I'll get around to it (maybe even before christmas if I'm lucky ^^; )
  3. Fuji
    Fuji
    @Moon: *nods* I always read what has come before, and sometimes I have to turn away projects because they want me to start on volume 5 of something, and I don't have time to read from the beginning. ^^; As for non native-English speakers- I know exactly how you feel. I've edited for translations by native Japanese speakers who clearly knew what the line meant, but couldn't convey it properly in English. ^^; Luckily I know enough to just translate it myself, but it does make it tough on the editor. D:

Conversely... one of my newer pet peeves would be editor/qc changing my translations behind my back without consulting me. D: Turns out one of the changes they made was quite incorrect and it was released w/o so much a peep in my way... with the incorrect line... *twitch twitch* Aiya... ^^;
  4. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    @ Fuji you get to see both sides of the communication gap which hits so many projects ^^;

Btw would anybody be able to tell me which of these sfx are which? I have no idea ^^;
    This is the raw and the 3 translations I have are: sob, shock, and pat
  5. kittyloverzz
    kittyloverzz
    Wheeee....Hi people.
    @Moon-Angelica wouldn't the translator have put it in the order you usually read text in the manga in? Thats what mine does. xD Although, I think the one in the bubble is pat, which is why I think that.
  6. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    @ kittyloverzz Welcome to the group ^^

Yeah but I would expect 'sob' to be the one in the bubble cos its a verbal sfx so would rather check ^^; Especially since the translator doesn't always indicate order

Are you a editor as well?
  7. lyrebird
    lyrebird
    'Pat' seems to be the white sfx on the left. The bubble is 'gachi' which is typically the sound of a clap or a light slap...I wonder if the translator decided to translate that as shock instead. 'Gachi gachi' is the sound of chattering teeth, but that doesn't seem to fit here. The sob is probably the black sfx in the top right.
  8. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    @ lyrebird Thank you hun! That really helps ^^
  9. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    Heyla! Would anybody happen to have a good 'dialogue' font that includes accents over letters ie S: Eh? Dónde? (*se limpia*) Ya no está?

It's for a Spanish translation and Wild Words, my main font, won't work T.T The accents seem to be (based on a very quick scan through the doc) mainly í, ñ, á, ó though there may be others that I didn't spot.
  10. Cannella
    Cannella
    You can use:
    Acme secret agent
    SF wonder comic
    or Anime ace
    they all have the accents you mentioned (í, ñ, á, ó). ^^
    If you want more, you can go to dafont.com: the fonts which have accents are labeled so. ^_^
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast