aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Hi, thanks for joining:

1. heero171
    heero171
    Hello Everyone ^^

I'm happy to find a male yaoi club on here. I almost always have to inform people I'm a guy (and a gay one at that) in order to prevent any unwanted flamming when I try to set people straight concerning same-sex male relations in fantasy vs. reality. It's not so surprising I suppose that out of all the nice and mature yaoi fangirls I've met there are a minorty of really nasty ones that enjoy bashing people for not having their same taste in BL lol.

I'm quite proud of who I am and Boy's Love is something I picked up last year and I have been addicted to it since. I'm quite picky in what titles I read and I tend to enjoy characters who are relatable or somewhat realistic (like the stories by Miyamoto Kano or Yoneda Kou).
  2. heero171
    heero171
    Oh, I like my guys to masculine in manga. If they have an aura of feminimity about them, at least have them be an interesting character and not a cliche' overly emotional, hyper-girly uke lol (sorry If I offend, but like I said, I'm picky )
  3. xSWITCHx
    xSWITCHx
    Hi, i Just joined. glad im not the only Yaoi Fan BOY out there
    and ya i've had to explain to people that i am in fact a guy and not a girl
  4. franky2019988
    franky2019988
    hi everyone i just joined. I was introduced to yaoi by a fangirl at first i was not sure what the big deal was. But after reading a few stories and manga was i hook hahaha
  5. Gatoneko
    Gatoneko
    Yay another boy!!
  6. Junior2345
    Junior2345
    lol hello everyone i didn't just join but i did just find the group lol
  7. Shinomori
    Shinomori
    Welcome to: heero171, xSWITCHx, franky2019988, Junior2345, and all other that I might have missed!

I would have to agree with you 100% heero171 when you said, "I'm quite picky in what titles I read and I tend to enjoy characters who are relatable or somewhat realistic..."

To me, much of yaoi is, of course, a sexual fantasy (hence the name A. Fantasy) ;sex and literature are large parts of reality, and the more realistic something is, the more enjoyable it can become. Example: the new rave about 3D entertainment.

*(This might explain why I am turned away from the more anthropomorphic styles.)
  8. Shinomori
    Shinomori
    (This is a general message):
    I have noticed so many people using the term "addict" with a large rage of comments regarding yaoi. I want to give my philosophical take on this re-occurring usage.
    Firstly, an analogy: - Is being closed-minded a "bad" thing"?
    This has as many answers as it does contexts. Being closed-minded about breathing; deciding never to breath, is to commit suicide. However; being closed minded about the same issue; deciding always to breath, results in replenishing one's oxygen supply and thus living on.

The context of what one is addicted to, likewise, has as many results as it does contexts.
    (Not including the realm of "differentiated ethics") I will use the system of rational egoism to identify why I feel that this simple, innocent usage of "addict" is actually a massively logical [expression] of rational ethics.

That which benefits one's existence; thus being a value, is good/ethical. That which negates value(s) is bad/unethical. Man seeks his own rational self-interest, neither sacrificing others nor others sacrificing himself.
    This is; to accept the law of causality, which is our existence - as humans, men, homosexuals, etc. - to support such.

Yaoi makes people HAPPY; thus it is a value.
    That which benefits life is good - life being the value, and the means to support [life] being secondary values.

In my view, being addicted to yaoi is just another ethical/good value-judgement along with breathing or eating. ^_^
  9. kazushimi
    kazushimi
    I actually love yaoi, its mostly my biggest genre to either read in manga form or viewing (sensitive porornagraph anyone? lol)
    As 4 girl's reaction my friends are mostly girls; we all LOVE yaoi and embrace it, they never thought it was odd b/c I'm bisexual.
    Its just fun to even see game characters and them BAMM their a yaoi pairing XD
  10. NekoNekoUke
    NekoNekoUke
    Hiya, everyone! ^__^ It's nice to meet you all!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast