aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Current episode discussion

1. Ohjisama
    Ohjisama
    Well I wanted to make a discussion for the Christmas special but then I realized well that thread will age and be old fast so I thought I might just make it a general discussion thread for the most recent/future episodes. Be warned this thread will probably be littered with SPOILERS and putting a spoiler tag on every single post would probably be quiet annoying so YOUR WARNED there will be spoilers!

End of Time Arc
    Anyways for this arc at the end of episode 1 they had all the time lords show back up which I get a ominous feeling that this is no good and they will have some terrible explanation for this along the lines of "Oh they fell through the time vortex after their ship was attacked" or something dumb I'm really hoping they have a decent reason for bringing them back though. In my opinion they shouldn't have killed them off in the first place. Anyways I don't know if anyone watched SG1 here but the master is really starting to remind me of ball who has a million clones also lol. I'm also wondering what the time lords are planning, and I love the fact that they are still useing the same outfits as the original doctor who had for the time lords that made the episode even better for me
    feel free to add any opinions you have and speculations you have no matter how dumb you might think they are!
  2. HNCS
    HNCS
    the "first part" whether a failure or not hinges on the second part. Because if there is no good explanation for the shitty invention of "the books of saxon" and lucy's sudden but i've got a anecdote as well....then yeah i'll be mad.

i thought the first part was really rushed, not plot whatsoever, it was like the episode was being dragged along. but me and my sister in hope of redeeming it, thinks that maybe that is part of the plot, since it sounds like time is in flux, and the timelords have complete control over everything, so the entire episode feels so wooden.

because this is the first time i've felt doctor who to be soooo choppy, and with all the high praise coming from the staff... i'm hoping the second part will redeem the first part.

i know a lot of people hate the master world idea... but personally i love it, it's soooo funny!! i was cracking up and i watched the episode 3 in the morning.... and as some people say, a world full of john simm how is that a bad thing

but i do have to say that... the diner scene with the doctor and wilfred... made me tear up... i love wilfred sooo much
  3. Ohjisama
    Ohjisama
    I just don't like the master plot lines because I'm to use to old school master the entire thing with the master looking into the time vortex makes ZERO sense if you compare it to the old who and not just because he never had the drums in his head problem I won't go into details don't want to spoil anything. Just every time I see him in the new who he feels like a new character doing a bad impersonation of a different character. I don't mind the plot idea of the master becoming everything it is just I don't like the master in the new who I like the actor but not the master... I also hope the second part can redeem the first part. Maybe the staff is in such high praise because they didn't go insane while trying to edit the master in 5000000 places at once? I would go crazy if I had to do that
  4. HNCS
    HNCS
    i understand the clash between old master and new master. i think fans of classic master might not appreciate it. But my understanding of it is that this isn't really the "original" master, in the sense that they "resurrected" him, and hence his craziness is showing now. another guess would be that, maybe timelords are "supposed to be" good, and all knowing, hence an "evil" timelord like the master is basically just a crazy one.

but i guess this is why the new and classic have a clear divide. Sometimes the producers and writers need to free themselves of old restraints.
  5. Ohjisama
    Ohjisama
    If he isn't the original master they really shouldn't call him the master or even compare him up to the doctor in the same way they use too. I think his character would have been at least twice as good for me if he wasn't the master but calling him that ruins it for me. There are actually a handful of evil time lords instead of just good so you can't call all 5 or so of them the master it wouldn't make sense and the master only calls himself that because he believes he should be the master over everyone or something along those lines so it should be a unique title to himself. Some other evil timelords I can think of would be Salyavin, the Rani, the Master, Rasolon (if that is how you spell it..), Lord President from the 5th doctor and there are tons more from "The Five Doctors" arc. If the doctor and the master survived the time war it shouldn't be too hard to invent another without such a misleading name. There is a clear divide between them like you said it is just annoying that producers do this and they have invented like what feels like 1 or 2 new enemies and they played no significant roll at all. In the old who the doctor didn't regenerate at the hands of the Daleks Cybermen and the master every single time and the season finals were spaced out with those enemies those 3 got season final episode like 50% of the time not 100%. I'm too old fashion to over look all this like most newer fans I'm sure if my first doctors were 9th or 10th it would be ok with me but meh I'm just bitter about the whole situation they have dug themselves into.
  6. Ohjisama
    Ohjisama
    As for the newest episode which I just watched a little bit ago I got a bad vibe from it personally like if the time lords could throw objects out of a time lock does that mean cybermen can't be time locked because they are just machines and no flesh (talking about the old who cybermen were 100% robot.) Furhtermore if the timelords could go back in time and change the past of their own timelines before the timewar or even during the time war for that matter where they inserted the drums into the master head as a child why can't they go back in the time war and tell their generals what battles are futile and they should avoid or traps in the war? Something being time locked does not seem very locked to me... Also at the end of the episode lord president had his gauntlet of doom on and displayed he could kill or vaporize people at range with it but yet when the doctor had his gun he just sat there like nothing was going to happen he had already won. Last complaint here is how did he crash the tardis?! and WHY of all places it has to land back on earth for the 10000 time I mean come on it can go anywhere in space and time and he can't get off earth or even crash somewhere else it's not like he is banished to earth like the 3rd doctor, even the 3rd doctor probably got off earth more than the 10th did and he was banished there. Anyways the highlight of this episode for me was "Don't worry mate I gochya" everytime I hear that line I'm just going to start laughing
  7. blackcat10
    blackcat10
    I like how in the end of the second part it showed him saying good bye to everyone that made me sad, but i did like all of the guest starring! I hope the 5th season will be good and i'm tring to like the new guy. I just don't like having to wait until spring! I guess this is bye bye to David Tennant,i really liked him...
  8. Melisande
    Melisande
    I didn't like the first part very much, it seemed pretty choppy and was hard to get into, but I really liked most of the second part of the End of Time special. I even cried towards the end when he realizes the 4 knocks were the old man, and he doesn't want to accept his fate. I also greatly enjoyed the goodbyes, it was a very nice wrap-up of the 10th doctor.

I think the Time Lords could not go back and give themselves advice, because as Who said in some previous episodes, and I believe he mentions it in the second part too, they can't go back over their own time-line. Also some moments in time cannot be altered or changed, as we learn very distinctly in the Waters of Mars.

As for the gauntlet thing (who btw did anyone see the resemblance to the life gauntlet from Torchwood? Maybe this was its pair) I think the gun was faster so he might have been afraid of being shot if he tried to use it. Though with the Doctor going back and forth like that it was kinda convenient how they all just stood there waiting for him to make up his mind. I mean if we think realistically, any one of them could have jumped him. >.>

As for the crash... how come the Tardis got all blown up? I seem to remember a previous regeneration where he did it in the Tardis and it wasn't like this.. maybe I remember wrong, I need to go re-watch some episodes and refresh my memories. Maybe they just set it up like this since they needed a convenient way to rebuild the Tardis into the new ship. And I am thinking it happens on Earth because they want to make the transition between the Doctors smoother, and he does need to pick up his new companion who is probably from Earth. A lot of convenient plot twists there though.
  9. Ohjisama
    Ohjisama
    But they had to cross their own time lines to put the 4 beats into the masters head right? As I was watching the episode not sure if it is completely correct but the time lords hadn't put the beats in the masters head until they found out they were doomed it looked like lord president was giving orders for it to be done meaning they had to cross their own time lines to do so right? It could be explained a bit with the important event solution so I'll take it and try not to worry over it.

For the gauntlet I was thinking the same thing I was like is that where touch wood got theirs . Even if the gun was faster like you said the doctor turned his back to lord president a few times to look at the master and he should have had plenty of time to get him. Even if lord president got shot he could regenerate from a mere bullet hole but I doubt the doctor could regenerate from the gauntlet of doom.

Not sure what was going on with the crash maybe the doctor was is preregeneration depression and decided to crash or do something dumb lol (just a random thought) Maybe he went into the atmosphere or something and then while he was regenerating he started crashing back into the planet? really no decent explanation here from me. I unlike most hope the tardis gets a new look I never got use to the 9th and 10th's doctors tardis I have always been for the crappy old school tardis and this new tardis they haven't had any episodes where they got lost in it because they are on floor 50 with badies chasing them around I'm pretty sure the 9th to 10th wasn't very bad at all maybe a tiny bit but nothing like the tardis falling apart. I don't mind the new companion to be from Earth so much but in the old who he probably only had about 50-70% of assistants from Earth.
  10. Lifthrasir
    Lifthrasir
    First of all, hello to everyone !

Having watched both episodes just after the BBC broadcast them (I do love the Internet, sometimes) I cannot but say that I was pretty disappointed by this double episode. As it has already been written, the first part of the script, ie the first episode, was messy, had no plot whatsoever and was just too ridiculous to be watched. I did laugh when the Master v2.0 ate the two fellows on the wasteland, I did s****** when he thought he was Palpatine and started to fire electric bolts from his arms, I even sighed when the doctor got hit by one of them... Not to say : what is this "Long live Saxon forever in our hearts kyaaaaaaaa" sort of fan-club/cult ? What is this "book of Saxon" ? When will we have dinner ?
    As for the second episode, I thought that, even if the return of the Time Lords was a wee bit far-fetched, it could have been a good idea. I understood the drums in the Master's head as something they had implanted even before they knew anything about the forthcoming Time War (but, thereagain, that is somewhat awkward, isn't it ?) The idea of a Master World was quite funny, but was underused ! Same for the Time Lords whose role is... erm... what were they supposed to do in the episode, apart from letting Thimothy Dalton have a role in Dr Who ?? Why has the Tardis almost exploded from the Doctor's regeneration ? What why when how where duh ! The eleventh doctor seems pretty cool, though (and Matt Smith is a pretty good actor) so "wait and see"...
    Why didn't they use Donna a wee bit more ? I would have loved to see a Doctor-Donna once more, which would have led to the death of the latter, hence giving a tragic yet fairly heroic ending to the episode...

Well, I thought it was an overall disaster, which is all the worse since I thought that "The Waters of Mars" was a very good episode. Thankfully, Richard T. Davies has left the series, letting Steven Moffat to write the scripts (as Ohjisama said, "Blink" was so great !) let's hope for the best !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast