aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Introductions

1. kumi-kun
    kumi-kun
    So what got everyone into this potions master? Share your story~

And to share mine, when I was 15 and got into slash, a friend of mine
    printed me some Snarry stories, I liked the idea of Harry and Snape together,
    but at that time I only read fics where he was described as a wrinkly
    old gramps, not my picture of 'hot'.

Then later, probably 1,5 year I discovered Arielindt, whom in one of her
    vids mentioned my all-time-fav snarry fic, and now I'm here, spending
    all my time in public transport reading snarry fics, yup. (which is daily)

And well, Snape is perfect for slash, just too greasy to keep him
    in his dungeons
  2. elomelo
    elomelo
    I think a big part of the sexy!Snape character is credited to his portrayal in the movie by the one and only Alan Rickman. This guy defies age with his sexiness. He is literally sex on legs, the look, the walk, the voice. *cough* Right, so about Snape. He has the badass factor we all hate and love, and he's such a greasy bastard - and we love him for it.

What got me into Snape-centric fics is a Drarry fic, actually; the Sacrifices Arc which I'm sure everyone has heard of. The mega-long 7 part series based on the HP universe but with different storyline. Snape is still his sarcastic, mean self, greasy hair and all, but plays an initially reluctant father figure for Harry. That is a great story in itself but we really get a look at Snape though he's not really the main character.

And I have a thing for the ****ed-up-past and the unwilling redemption Snape is often put through in most fics.
  3. bowe
    bowe
    I didn't get into Snarry until, what, two months ago? I've been in the HP fandom ever since I started reading it when I was 8 but the notion of slashing characters never entered my head until I stumbled upon persepolis130's lj. I'd just recently got into Naruto doujins so BakaUpdates eventually lead me to her profile. Needless to say, I got distracted by her fics and fell in love. But I feel like such a late bloomer. I've been into yaoi since a long looong time ago after an incident with a Minami Haruka oneshot but... fixing up canon pairings never occurred to me until then.

Did I mention all the HP fanfics and doujins I now read must either contain Snape or Harry (preferably both)? I'm fine with sexy!Snape and squicky!Snape. He is greasy afterall. Which is also why I love persepolis130's Reconciling Lily's Eyes. Potentially squicky to some but I love my canon!Snape.
  4. elomelo
    elomelo
    Hey bowe - welcome to the group

And I love Reconciling Lily's Eyes. Everyone's so mental (initially) but it's such a lovely story with a very canon!Snape indeed. There's something so heartbreaking and heartwarming about their effed up love story.
  5. kunitsu
    kunitsu
    Well I think this was about the year I joined aarin, everyone was hyped out about HP/DM pairings and I wanted to see what it was about. So I went to adultfanfiction then I saw the stories there were categorized by pairs, thats when I saw the Harry/Snape section. I immediately clicked the link cause I love older men/younger men pairings and I fell in love with it asap. I forgot about the HP/DM pairing pretty soon after that

Then I got into Harry/Voldemort pairings since it was just a few pairings below the Snarry one. After that I fell in love with Voldemort/Severus pairings but I rarely get to read fics like that.

It also helped that Severus was described as some one who has a deep voice and I love men like that