aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fans NZ?

1. KaeruAkstsuki
    I am writing a Yaoi novel containing 3 short Yaoi stories, with hopes of writing more novels in the future. I am from New Zealand so my audience is limited to those that speak English. Could all my fellow fans tell me how popular Yaoi is in New Zealand and what other English speaking countries Yaoi is popular in and to what extent. I would really appreciate this as I am hoping to self-publish to both reduce the cost to myself and all my future readers. In addition, could you detail how you get your Yaoi. e.g.; online shopping, free online, eBook, store (if from a store please include name and address of it) thanks.
    Thank you for any comments; I will try to answer any questions if you have them.
    ~ Kaeru Akatsuki
  2. DoraLemon
    DoraLemon
    Hellooo// sorry I am only just getting back into AF..
    I just moved to uni and with the new friends I have made, a lot of them pick up the yaoi/anime references I make surprisingly..
    A lot of the members on AF are from the US, UK and other parts of Europe - almost everyone I have come across knows English well enough to read english scandalated manga or subbed anime. Personally, I read manga online for free (whoops)and download :3 I have bought several from bookstores overseas but they are almost impossible to find especially the part where I live in NZ (I'm sure they are a little easier to find in parts like Welly or Auckland? I don't know)
    Again, sorry this is so late ^^;
  3. fourfootten
    fourfootten
    mightyape sells a few yaoi if you search for it on their site! Otherwise you can always check amazon, and if you can read japanese, cdjapan sells yaoi by the truckload. Thats where I get the majority of mine.
  4. DoraLemon
    DoraLemon
    ^ ah, mighty ape is a good idea! Fishpond too. It's amazing what difference a few years makes - back when I was starting out with collecting yaoi it was very hard to get my hands on any because 1. I was too young to buy it online myself (yet I was reading a lot of naughty things, whoopsie) and 2. with time, obviously things will be easier to find as demand grows! Ebay is also a good place to find good yaoi books, and book depository as someone has already mentioned.