aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Welcome + Introductions~~

1. DoraLemon
    DoraLemon
    Thanks for accepting my invite Bowe
    We're the same!
    My parents are both chinese and my friends always bag me for being too asian even though I was born and raise here too~
  2. bowe
    bowe
    I know! Some of them aren't even from here and they still manage to be more kiwi than I am! So what if I like my hk dramas... and manga and anime... they don't know about the yaoi though! XDD Closet yaoi lover here!
  3. DoraLemon
    DoraLemon
    BAHAHA.. all my friends know about my yaoi... >___> even my mum I think~
    I'm a K-pop/reality show and manga nut =="
  4. bowe
    bowe
    They know I like slash... just not to what extent (or how graphic )
    And my brother's a total homophobe. Oh, how I just love to torture him with all the details! Usually sends him running XDD
  5. DoraLemon
    DoraLemon
    haha... i don't even try to hide it any more~~id rather have them look at me weird.. i read so much manga its such a bother to hide XD

Happy New Year~
    I deleted to other thread because I can just post here every now and then to stop the group from getting deleted ^^
  6. morpheussandman
    morpheussandman
    hey im so glad i found this group im from dunedin is anyone going to the anime convention in dunedin on the 8th and 9th of may this year if anyone is i would be keen to meet some fellow fans.
  7. DoraLemon
    DoraLemon
    Welcome morpheussandman
    I'm not from Dunedin but I think a few of the other members are ^^;
  8. morpheussandman
    morpheussandman
    cool and thanks for the welcome so yea if any members here are from duners flick me a message
  9. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    Heyla, peoples from Auckland ^^ I'm heading up for the BDO in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there's any places you'd recommend for buying manga (both yaoi and non) and merchandise (mainly shitajiki but general stuff as well)? I'm just going for the weekend so I want to work out where I need to go ahead of time. I'm staying at SkyCity so anything needs to be within reach of there ^^
  10. sawwie-chan
    sawwie-chan
    @Moon-Angelica

Try GNC for the general stuff - shortland st in the CBD. Not sure whether Seong stocks yaoi though. There's a few clear files and shitajiki the last time I was there, but not much. There's figures, CDs, artbooks and other anime goods from Japan.

For manga there's:
    - Borders - the one in Sylvia Park seems to have slightly more Yaoi (there was a BB title that's been there for a while, some JJR etc), but the one in the CBD has more manga.
    The one in the CBD is just down the hill from Skycity - in the Imax building. Sylvia Park is a bit away but you can catch a train to it from Britomart.
    - GNC (linked to above), he can also order manga if he doesn't have it in stock but he source from the Rightstuf so shipping is a bit slow.
    - Heroes for Sale (K Rd - about maybe 10-20 minutes walk from Skycity)- mostly general manga, they use to have Yaoi but its a bit of a slim picking.
    Edit: I was @ heroes today - 6th Jan - and there was a grand total of 1 Yaoi (June) - excluding gravi and loveless.

- Vagabond - they have some manga (in the same building as Borders CBD), but their character goods are likely to be bootlegs so beware of that.
    - Gotham Comics - I've been there, its highly dissapointing in the manga department but there's a very small selection. Its not in the CBD so I wouldn't bother. There's a free shuttle from the CBD on weekdays though.
    - $3 Japan store (IMAX building) - not really anime or manga specific but they have some cute Japanese stuff (including shitajiki/clear files - non-anime ones).

There's not much choices I'm afraid, I usually buy my stuff online
    Even though its a lot more popular now than it use to be, there's still not all that many anime-related shops in NZ.

For further info, here's : Zeb's guide to anime/manga shopping in NZ.
    but I'm not sure how up to date it is.

@morpheussandman
    I'm not from Dunedin nor going to the Anime con but if you don't mind, can you please let us know how it goes
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast