aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

*The gaang club*Avatar:The last air bender

1. kumakun
    kumakun
    lol its pretty much dead...I don't think there will be much chat until more is known about the movies and such
  2. megori
    megori
    Well, I've heard Jesse McCartney has been removed as Zuko. Instead, the lead actor of Slumdog Millionaire is replacing his role as Zuko. I'm not sure if I'm terrified about that or happy. At least Jesse McCartney would've been a bit cuter...
  3. kumakun
    kumakun
    I don't think either of them will work as zuko...this sucks
  4. megori
    megori
    Lol. I don't particularly think either of them works either...~_~ But the fact that they haven't even posted pictures of the kid playing Aang makes me worried too. Then again...not to sound racist, but they've casted a white boy to play the role of a (Chinese-ish) monk...and that already kind of makes me cringe. xD Who would you prefer as Zuko anyway though? I mean, if you could cast anyone you wanted to, to be Zuko?
  5. kumakun
    kumakun
    I have no idea who I would pick...but thats what casting calls are for right? I would do it that way I think
    I'm wondering about sokka and katara
  6. megori
    megori
    When I first saw the two people casted to play those two roles, I was actually quite disappointed. It's not so much that I'm being racist, but choosing people with the correct physical appearance to the actual characters is, in my opinion, very important as it helps keep the movie true to the series. I dunno, I really would just hope that, for the movie, they at least tan the two kids a bit to at least attempt to make them look like Sokka and Katara. I've never really seen either of the two actors in any roles so I can't say how good they are but...*shrugs* I really just wish they'd kind of redo it. I really hope I'm not disappointed with the cast of Azula and Iroh...as those two are two of my favorites...as well as Toph...if they're even in the film.
  7. yayforyaoi
    yayforyaoi
    Sorry if this doesn't really fit now but when does the movie come out?
  8. dragonkat216
    dragonkat216
    The Last Airbender (the title for the movie) is coming out in the U.S. on July 2, 2010
    We've still got a ways to go, but I suspect the first trailer could be coming out the end of this year, just cause that's when I tend to see the teasers for the big summer block busters, which I'm sure this movie will try to be. Talk about special effects.

Also of note is that this is a three part arc, each movie will be based on one season. That brought me a little comfort, cause they won't be cramming the whole story into one movie.

Edit: Just found this article that has two images of stuff that's going on, on the set. First image is of Noah Ringer as Aang, and I think he looks great. The second is of Dev Patel as Zuko. Now I know he's not looking so much like Zuko but remember, they've only been filming for a couple months now, so they don't have all the fancy make-up and CG that I'm sure is going to make Dev look great.

I do not want to get into the whole debate about the actors and whether it's well cast. It's way too early in production for me to make any opinions. I want to see things more down the road, after make-up and the special effects have been added. That said though I thought it'd be nice for some of you discussing the actors to see what's going on.

Here's the link to the article: First Live Action Images - Aang and Zuko

Edit x2: Found another article, and now I have to take back something I said in my last edit. It seems Dav is actually in full Zuko make-up. This article has another shot of Dev as Zuko, and it looks like the scene when dear Zuzu shows up at the South Pole looking for Aang. It seems M. Night has toned down Zuko's scar, making it look older, or more healed. Also Zuko appears to not have his top knot in the first movie. There could be any number of reasons why, I have a few thoughts myself, but I'd rather not get into it. The nice this about this shot though is that it gives us a real look at how they've translated the Fire Nation armor.

Take a look: Another Shot of Zuko

Also something else minor I've found out is that a teaser trailer will be attached to the Transformers movie coming out in June. So go see it, just so you can see the teaser :P
  9. kumakun
    kumakun
    they don't look so bad playing them...maybe this will be better then I first thought*nods*
  10. gloh
    gloh

sorry but to me it seems like they are making a kids movie...
    anyways, thank you dragonkat for posting the llinks and info, hopefully I'm wrong about the movie turning out childish..
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast