aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yoneda Kou!

1. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Yoneda Kou is so so much more than just a yaoi manga artist. Her storylines are always amazing, emotionally-charged and with realistic scenes. I love how in almost all her works she has these miserable, tragic characters who pretty much become redeemed from their gloomy futures through meeting their seme or uke. I noticed how her ukes are always somewhat challenged by feeling intimidated by their seme. Like Shima from Doushitemo Furetakunai.

Her dialogues are always spot on with the angst too. They always give the reader something to relate to about the character - she doesn't take them to extreme fantasy levels. They become much more realistic and have shape to them. I love yaoi and all, but it's really rare to find a manga-ka with the talent to write relationships that parallels (and fits) realistic emotions.

Also her smex scenes are amazing. >_> (Are any of you as crazy about her as I am? o_o)
  2. audiopain86
    audiopain86
    I loooooove Yoneda Kou! She's probably my favourite yaoi mangaka so far (but then, I'm pretty new, and I haven't read too many works from other artists). My first contact with her was through her 8018 DJ's, which I simply adore. Then, the first yaoi manga I ever read (non-DJ) was Doushitemo Furetakunai (I have actually ordered it and waiting for it to arrive), and I was really impressed by it. Then, I read more stuff from her, and I became totally addicted.

I find her stories very touching, since they revolve around (more or less) ordinary people, and I guess one can relate to the circumstances they're in and feel for her characters. The angst is as much as it should be, I mean her stories don't get whiny/emo. I think Gizmo is right in what she says, that her ukes are kind of intimidated by the semes, since it happens both in Doushitemo Furetakunai, as well as in Ore Ni Koi Shite Dousunda (speaking of which, I'm dying to know what will happen there next). And then, I also like her dialogues, they can be really humorous sometimes (for example, when Togawa answers Shima's mobile phone...I loved that scene).

Secondly, I love her art style. It's very distinct, I think, you can really tell it's her at first sight. It may not be as beautiful as, say, Yamano Ayane's, but personally I find her characters very sexy (especially the semes...Togawa and Ryouji are among my favourites...Kuga too, even though he's an uke). I like the tall and lean figures, and I have a thing for jawlines, so I love her characters' profile drawings (I'm weird, I know).

I won't even get started on how much I love her 8018 DJ's and her pervy Yamamoto.
  3. GokuderaLia
    GokuderaLia
    ~Yoneda Kou made me love 8018 more!!
    She makes such great hot scenes.
  4. Keiyan
    Keiyan
    WOW How could I have missed this social group as per usual I'm an air head XD
    Hello everyone!
    Yoneda Kou is just amazing! she's my goddess of melancholic doujins lol her characters always seem to have such sad pasts and personal stories ^^; funny how I didn't even used to like such things, but her art made me change my mind a bit XD her work is the rare exception to the rule lol
    Naturaly for me my favorites are her 8018 doujins! I've been following her other original works are closely as possible and i'm never disapointed ^^
    Her art changed somewhat over a relativly short time, she still makes her characters very lean, thin and stretched (but I like that) but the facial expressions have become more defined, and the characters hands don't seem so big now O.o
    All on all, whitout a doubt, one of my favorite yaoi mangakas
  5. SunlilyQ
    SunlilyQ
    Love her! Thanks for the invite! ^^

Where do I even start. I was actually going through one of those periods where yaoi was just becoming boring and I was getting tired of the same meaningless plots and characters with enough holes they could make Swiss cheese envious. Then Kanjou Specturm fell into my lap and my love for yaoi was fully rejuvenated. It's not often that a mangaka can manage to believably and beautifully convey so many emotions in 40 pages. I was simply astounded my first time reading it. She's already on her path to becoming one of the greats IMO and I'm just glad I found her and can be along for the ride.

And I just got around to reading her new one! OMFG this is going to rock. Samurai assassins? Hell to the yes! Hot samurai assassins and one of them has an eyepatch? I'm already done for.
  6. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    @SunlilyQ - Agree and AGREE. Your comment summed up my thoughts exactly. But you forgot, these are samurai assasins who HAVE SMEX xDDDD
  7. abandonwhisper
    abandonwhisper
    Hi y'all! Has anyone read Eros in the Stoic? 2 pages. I didn't think it was possible for something this short to be this good- honestly, I didnt even think it was worth reading at first. I'm glad that I was majorly mislead. It's this kind of stream of thoughts like the exact one in Eros that make her stand out from the rest! Go sensei!
  8. audiopain86
    audiopain86
    @ Sunlily and Gizmo: Yorube Naki Mono looks very promising...I can't wait for the next chapters. I really love historical themed manga, so a yaoi manga by Yoneda Kou with a historical theme is extremely pleasant (that was another way to write "samurai assassins who HAVE SMEX").
  9. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    @audio lolol yes a much classier way
  10. darkalchemist
    darkalchemist
    Hey all (^-^) Well, we all know why I'm here, nice to meet you all, let's be friendly Yoneda-sensei worshippers! (^O^)

@abandon: I agree, I was amazed how she could put so much into so little. Just goes and proves her talent! (^-^)
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast