aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

.psds

1. Flei
    Flei
    A .psd from me! <3

PROGRAM: Photoshop CS4
    INFO: This is a so-so coloring .psd to show how adjustment layers can be used. Note that this .psd contains 8 adjustment layers. Beware! :O
    DOWNLOAD LINK: CLICK~! [2.4 MB]
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    Wow. Just looking at that file makes me feel like a HUGE noob. Were all those things in the coloring layer masks or something? I still don't know how to do that.

I could achieve similar results with that pic, but it would be through making a lot of layers and using different layer blending effects. It was very interesting to see how you did it.
  3. Flei
    Flei
    Believe me, it's not just you! Whenever I download someone's .psd, I'm always thinking WTF when I look at all the layers. Ahah~ I have absolutely no idea how the heck masks work. >__>;; So uh, maybe they're masks? Crap, I don't even know what masks are. XD Anyway, I used adjustment layers, which can be found in Layer > New Adjustment Layer. Adjustment Layers are great because if you ever make a mistake, you can just delete the Adjustment Layer. This way, your base image is left untouched. =D

Oh wow, you can actually do it with just blending? o___o T-that's amazing! I can't even live without my adjustment layers, so I suck at making anything pretty without them. OTL
  4. Halite75
    Halite75
    Ooh, I'll have to look at adjustment layers (assuming Photoshop CS has it). Now at least I know what they're called. They sound very useful!

I'm not promising it would look exactly the same, but the changes between the two look similar to the results I've gotten when fiddling with blending layers. When I'm making a background I use them and then I use them again on my main image(s). Plus I'll mess with hue/saturation and whatever until I get it too look like what I want. My constant fiddling is part of why it takes me so long to finish a set.
  5. KittyLitter
    KittyLitter
    wow that was pretty useful xD
    I had no idea adjustment layers could do that o.o
    as for the masks, it's really not that difficult. I'll try to make a tutorial to show you how I use it =]
  6. Flei
    Flei
    Halite75: I'm quite sure all the Photoshops have Adjustment Layers (I hope!). =D And yes, they are very useful. I totally abuse Adjustment Layers and Apply Image. T-they're just so awesome~ ;o;

Gah! That's so neat! <3 Experimenting can be amazing, but it is rather time-consuming. Usually when I experiment, 80&#37; of the time it ends up looking like crap. >__>;; So uh, I usually don't experiment with graphics unless I know from the beginning I'm going to. *so lazy* How long would you say it takes you to finish a set?

KittyLitter: Thank you! :3 Glad you found it helpful~

hljgsakg;sljk! It would be so great if you made a tutorial on masks! *__* Every tutorial I've read on masks is long, boring, and confusing as heck! And I really want to know how to use them cuz' everyone talks about them. ;A;
  7. Halite75
    Halite75
    @Flei Yes, I checked and I do have them but never knew about them! Thank you so much! Now I won't have to make 5,000 copy layers of my original picture.

I never know what the heck I'm going to do with a set. I just pick the picture, render it, and then start messing around. Very rarely do I actually have a plan or vision.

Maybe I mess around a little too much and end up with only crappy looking sets. *cough* Ahem. Anyways it usually takes me around 2-3 hours to make a set, including rendering time.

@KittyLitter Yes, please do unveil the mystery that is masks.
  8. KittyLitter
    KittyLitter
    I'd be happy to make a tutorial but i don't know how ;_; *is completely useless*
    I don't have a blog to write it there and give you a link, and if I upload only the .psd you won't understand. Should I explain what you'll do here?
  9. Flei
    Flei
    KittyLitter: Uh, perhaps a .doc file? D: You could write the tutorial and then upload it somewhere~?
  10. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    uhm would anyone like a psd. of a simple coloring and such ?
    i really like the simple feel of it.

from this.

to this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast