aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    I would assume you get to animation by going PS>Windows>Animation
  2. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Okay, I feel completely lame having to ask this, because I think I might've figured it once before on my own, but since I don't know what I actually did to get things this way, I don't know how to fix it.

For some reason, images that I'm opening in PS Elements 7 are showing size in inches rather than pixels. When I resize, it tries to make me resize by inches, which I don't want to do. How do I change it back to pixels?

Second question...when I create a new Blank File, the first layer used to always come up as a transparent layer. Now it's coming up as a white layer. How do I fix that?

Okay, those are my two questions. I do have pics if anybody would like to see them, but thought they might take up too much space and might not be needed. The worst part is that I feel like I should know this already, but like I said, I'm not sure what happened between the last time I used it, just yesterday, and this afternoon.
  3. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    could you show me pics? cuz i dont have elements
  4. dirrrty
    dirrrty
    I had the problem with the layer recently too. When opening a new file you need to change backgroundsettings to transparent instead of white. Here's what I mean. (sry it's german...)
  5. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    @cabbit_girl - Here's the first part I was talking about:

I can figure out how to get it to show me (in the first pic) pixels instead of inches. But I can't figure out why, when I'm trying to resize, it won't let me resize by pixels.

@dirrrty - Thank you!
  6. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    Will it let you click the arrow by inches and change to pixels?
  7. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Hmmm....ooookay. Maybe that did it? I clicked on the Resample Image at the bottom, let it stay at bicubic, and then it let me change the pixels instead of the inches. I wonder if that's the right fix? Or just a temporary one?
  8. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    @cabbit - No, actually. It gave me options like cm and picas but not pixels.
  9. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    okay you have to click the resample option, underneath constrain proportions. that should allow you to use pixels then
  10. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Question: how do you do a gradual fade?

I'm asking this primarily for profile purposes. I can make a wallpaper & use transparencies, but I can't figure out how to manage a gradual fade into a solid background color. Is it just a matter of using multiple layers and decreasing transparency very gradually, or is there a tool that will help to fade a section without making it a startling difference?

I use PS Elements, but if I know what I'm looking for, I can probably locate it. I just don't like having that sudden cut off line between the 'wallpaper' image and a solid color for the background.

Failing that, I'd want the background to match the whole way down, but that doesn't seem to work very well, probably because of the transparencies.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast