aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Photoshop 101 Monthly Contest | July 2016

1. GaBsY
    GaBsY
    RULES:
    ❀ No spamming, but a few comments here and there won't hurt. Just don't bury the entries with comments.
    ❀ Please be nice to others and don't bash.
    ❀ Use what you made please. Don't steal anybody's designs.
    ❀ Only enter signatures and nothing else, please.
    ❀ You must make a signature that matches this month's theme. Anything else is definitely a no.
    ❀ Signatures can be any size as long as they are within Aarin rules.
    ❀ You may make as many signatures as you want but they must follow the rules above.
    ❀ Winners must start the new contest's thread on the first of the following month.
    ❀ If you win, please copy & paste these rules and add yourself to the winners/theme list.

What do you win?
    1. You get to be next month's judge
    2. You get to choose next month's theme
    3. Bragging rights
    4. 500,000 points!

Judge for this month:
    GaBsY

Theme for this month:
    Hurt/Angst (both mental and physical is fine as long as they are visibly suffering - it's ok)

Past winners & theme
  2. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    @GaBsY; I hope this is kind of what you're looking for? Maybe? Except that it's a girl.

3. DangerousAngel
    DangerousAngel
    Oh! how I missed this so much

4. GaBsY
    GaBsY
    @celti7irish; You really love working with girls, don't you, Senpai? I don't mind though. I will judge girls and boys entries alike. Thank you for your entry

@DangerousAngel; Welcome back DA. I'm glad to see you around and thank you for your entry

Here are a few things I will be looking at/for when I judge your entries:

- quote (how well does it fit with the image and overall composition, does it blend well or not (if that's the desired effect), is it readable, etc.)
    - colors and color scheme (each color has a meaning and associated emotion with it. Don't stick with just black or grey which are standard for loneliness and darkness, be creative, there are many other colors or color combinations)
    - symbols or metaphors used (example: "butterflies - soul, resurrection, etc.")
    - focus/lighting (lighting can easily shift the focus of your image. Just making one object slightly darker than the rest or having color in colorless image can have a drastic change in how we see things so feel free to play around with this to bring out better the emotion in your sets)
    - overall composition
    And probably the most important aspect:

For me, each set would ideally tell a story or be able to move your heart. So if I'm able to sympathize with the set than you are definitely on the right track. I hope this helps you a bit.

As for the theme, any form of hurt or angst will be considered an entry. Just think about the emotions you felt when you were hurt. Did you cry? Did you feel lonely or maybe you were filled with regret or anger? Were you frustrated? Or maybe you felt powerless that you couldn't protect anyone? Did you want to give up? What hurt you? Why do you feel anxious? Do you feel empty on the inside? Do your wounds hurt? Are you smiling despite the huge 'hole' in your chest? Is that a self-pity or is it a sign that the pain you are feeling right now has pushed you towards madness?

It might be easy if you think about your favorite character and the moments when they were hurt or anxious.
    Of course missing some of these or having all of them won't garante that you'll win. Take these with grain of salt and just use them as general guidelines.

Sorry for the huge wall of text. I hope this helps you a bit
  5. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    @GaBsY;

I can't help it! I mean, I have some boy pics, but for some reason, I accumulate a lot more females. I'll try and find a useful bishie for my next one.
  6. DangerousAngel
    DangerousAngel
    @GaBsY thank you
    Here's another

7. Araka
    Araka
    So this may seem far fetched but for me music is incredibly important, especially when I'm sad / upset. But, yeah... I understand if you wont count this one ^^

8. GaBsY
    GaBsY
    @Araka; It is a bit far fetched but I can still feel the loneliness and isolation out of it so it does fit a bit in the Angst part. I'm not sure if the boy is crying or not. Like I said, if they are visibly suffering, I'll count them in as an entry. Thank you for trying
  9. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl

i love this theme...i have so many hurt pics XD
  10. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Well, this one has a boy, at least.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast