aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Pooling for Monthly Contest

1. fataltea
    fataltea
    Okay, so we have a few people that are already good with pooling, but I'd like to see how many people are active and interested in the idea.

How it would work:
    We each pitch in a set number of points every month. One person can hold onto them, doesn't really matter who.
    The winner of the contest takes the points.

I'm not sure how many points each person would want to put in each month. I would be comfortable with 50,000 each month. That way, with at least 5 people, the prize is decent. But please feel free to suggest other amounts. ^__^ I'd hate to see this group die - it's a great resource, if we want to keep encouraging newer GFX artists!
  2. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    I'd be okay with pooling points. And 50,000/month sounds good. It's harder to earn points with the contest forum so slow, but I would imagine we could put together a decent 'pot' as it were.. ^__^
  3. Krly
    Krly
    I'm in for this :'D
    I really hope it helps to motivate ppl to join more. And I'm ok with the 50k
  4. DangerousAngel
    DangerousAngel
    I'm in... 50k sounds good too.
  5. fataltea
    fataltea
    Awesome! Four people so far. It's already getting into October, so maybe we should continue to see how interest goes and then try to make a contest for November? And if someone wants to volunteer to hold points, please do!
  6. Krly
    Krly
    I say the person who holds the contest that month should hold the points. What do you say?

Also, do I add the prize this month or we'll do it for the November one?
  7. paplou
    paplou
    I agree with both points of what Krly said. Also, I'm in for the pooling.

Another point is maybe participants from PS101 could do a joint auction once in a while to promote the group? It could be entries from the contest, it could be whole brand new sets. Whatever's convenient to the majority.
  8. peilicanhelican
    peilicanhelican
    oooh and proceeds from the auction could go towards the prize pool
    i like the auction idea lol. but we'll need entries to make it work :P

anyway, i'm down for pooling too.
  9. Krly
    Krly
    I love the auction idea!! :'D
    I volunteer to make a few sets ^^ I think we should all do one or two, even if they're not contest entries.
  10. fataltea
    fataltea
    Okay, definitely it makes sense for the contest "host" of the month to hold the points.

And I LOVE the auction idea! Proceeds could definitely go toward the monthly contest, and it'd be great promotion. I could pitch in a couple of sets sometime this week.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast