aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Pooling for Monthly Contest

1. peilicanhelican
    peilicanhelican
    I think we should establish what the prize amount is going to be and then see how much we raise from auctions?

I mean, if we can get the auction profits to cover prizes, then do we still need to pool?
  2. fataltea
    fataltea
    Yeah, I think peilicanhelican is right. We should definitely establish a prize amount. It looks like this auction could cover us for at least a while. I'd rather the prize not be too much. 500,000 points even, would be plenty to me. But I think we should all give an opinion.
  3. Krly
    Krly
    Yeah, also it wouldn't be fair for winners of one month to get more or less than winners of other months. I think 500k is ok, since we mentioned earlier donating 50k each, so that would be the equivalent of 10 donations.

Also, I have a couple of questions:
    - Can we bid on the auction too? I really like that Miku sig xD
    - Since we will have enough points to sponsor the contest for some time, that means we would stop making auctions untill we need more points? Because I think we should keep doing them, since it helps promoting the group. Maybe if we end up with way too many points, we could increase the prize. Or do something else, idk.
    - What are we going to do with the extra points? Will the contest holder keep them all for that month or just the 500k for the prize? I think it would be more organized if one person (or an alt account, if we are allowed to have one, like the ABS does) holds all the points and delivers the prizes each month
  4. fataltea
    fataltea
    Of course we can bid in the auction. xD And I think an auction maybe once every 2 or 3 months? I know I won't always have time to make even one or two sigs for an auction every month, and the same is probably true for many of you as well. And if anyone wants to hold onto the extra points, that'd be fine. Preferably someone that doesn't have a tendency to go on hiatus suddenly (I'm out!). An alt account just for this little contest might be too much.
  5. paplou
    paplou
    500k sounds good to me.

Krly,I think it's fine to bid in the auction.
    Auction is a promo event. should still be done even when we have enough to cover prize points. but not too regularly. Let's just do it whenever we feel like it. Like a rare wild pokemon appearance
    It's a sound idea but opening an alt. account seems to be too much work. Elect someone to be PS101 banker?
  6. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    even though i dont actively post and stuff, i still log in everyday and check my pm box. so if you need just a point holder i can do it, as long as there is a thread just for tracking who i'm supposed to give points to...and to track how many points the group has
  7. fataltea
    fataltea
    Sounds good to me, cabbi!
  8. Krly
    Krly
    Okay, total founds for PS101's first auction: 6,001,000 points!!!
    That means we have enough for one entire year!!! O=
  9. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    sooo...what is easier? me sending the points to the judge to give to winner, or just giving to the winner at the end of each month?
  10. Krly
    Krly
    I think giving it stright to the winner is easier
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast