aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

[Disc.] JULY 11: The Hardest Part

1. Otome
    Otome
    I don't think any part is easy. O-o I always end up stressing over everything from even before starting, finding the perfect picture, to finishing the sig. But it goes like this for me: (hardest to easiest)

- Background_ that is the part that takes me the longest to do because it sets the mood and feel of the overall sig itself. I always end up changing the background a hundred times before I finally settled down with one. If I can only be satisfy with just slapping down some brush and shape together, how fast this process would be. But, unfortunately, my gut won't let me pass on something like that and every time I end up stressing over this part the most.

- Color_ this should be grouped with background, but I feel this is also important. The colors have to harmonize together. Pleases the eyes. The colors with the background have to enhances the stock, at least keeps most of the original colors, rather than drown it. It's no wonder I can't work with a less than 3 colors palette sig and always end up with half a rainbow on almost all my personal sig.

- Pictures_ finding just the right picture to work with is difficult. I see a lot of pictures that I really like, but most I can't work with because either they can't stand on their own after I shred off their background, not able to fill enough of the sig-canvas space as I would have liked, and/or I don't know how to make them into a star because my guts wanted something crazy, but my brain can't take the stress.

- Text/Font_ placing the text is what I dreaded most after I finish preparing the sig. Should I make this big or small? Do this font goes well with this other one and does it matches the overall style of the sig? Where should I place it this? Maybe it just need to be juust a bit more to the right, no, maybe down a bit? As you can tell, it's very frustrating. The only easiest out of this part is finding the quote. I don't care much for quotes so most of the time I'd just decorate with names (lol, easy way out of quotes) and/or pull a dialogue from the series.

- Rendering_ I love this part the most out of the whole process. If I can manipulate or redraw a small section of the stock to my advantage, I'd do without a second thought. Anything flowy, like hair or loose articles, are the easiest to change. In fact I often do change the direction of hair in most of the stock I work with. I even add in some extra strands if I think it looks better and chopped off a couple if I think they just don't play well. xDD lol. What can I say? If they don't go your way, then you make them go your way.

Lol, whoa this is a lot of text. Okay, I will shut up now. XDD
  2. kannrou
    kannrou
    One of the hardest thing is to complete an incomplete images, especially ones from a manga panel. Sometimes the hair is cut half way and the spikes are gone, so I'd have to manually add the spikes and stuff.

Also, typography. My typography = crap. Nuff' said. I can't come up with a decent quote, and I don't know how to use colorful text. I'm afraid if it would be too much.

And another one is to make the piece look "together". Not just some random resources thrown around. Sometimes when making sets of characters that have heavy characteristics, I can't just simply throw in flower brushes, bright glows and funky patterns. But in the end, making things work is the hardest thing.

Guhh..I need to learn more things. I really salute all you gfx masters here *bows*
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234