aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

ANNOUNCEMENT: Updates & Questions.

1. Hyde
    Hyde
    Hmm...if we have the winner of the monthly contest make a sig tutorial, do you think they should make a tutorial of the winning sig?

And making extra tutorials would be really nice. =) Like how to color hair to make it look real or something like that.
  2. Flei
    Flei
    Hyde: Yup~ The winner of the monthly contest is encouraged to make a tutorial of their winning sig, however they should have the option not to, I think? I know if I won any of the contests I'd probably be more inclined to make a tutorial out of one of my other sigs.

Definitely looking into having a tutorial on something other than sigs. ;P Maybe we should make it one sig tutorial and one 'other' type of tutorial per month...?
  3. Flei
    Flei
    Okay, so I've got a few things decided and other thoughts:

= definitely happening
    = considering, likely
    = considering, not likely

1. 50k + badge/banner for monthly contest winners! There will be a thread up with badges/banners for all the winners, past and future ones.
    2. There will be two monthly tutorials: One for sigs, one for 'other' graphics. I still have to go over certain rules and methods to get everything straight. ;;
    3. An introduction thread along with a rules & FAQ thread.
    4. Collecting all the winning sigs from the previous contests and put them in the group album for safekeeping.
    5. I've been thinking about a graphics mentor/graphics newbie program via VM/PM/MSN/e-mail/etc.

NOTE: I'm not sure when any of these will be implemented. I've got a busy month ahead, so uh, yeah. >.>;; Guys, if you've got ideas or suggestions, please PM me! o/ Or VM, that works too.

And uh, an extra mod, please? I seem to putting just a little too much on my plate. XP
  4. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Hyde & Flei - I would definitely love to see how someone achieve the wining sig. That would be awesome. It would also be like a mentoring without really mentoring, isn't it? We learn from reading sigs, so it would be sharing your knowledge. Everyone have their own way of doing things and you can pick up different tips from different people through their tuts.

Flei
    - Thank you for all your hard work in making these discussions interesting and organizing them. Really appreciate it.
  5. Flei
    Flei
    Chawsu: I'm definitely gonna try to see how I can get the majority of contest winners to write a tutorial for their sigs. Until then, I'll have to look over possible tutorial makers who'll have to fill in when a contest winner doesn't want to make a tutorial.

Lol, thanks! It's not that hard with such a great community of graphics artists who keep this place active, though. <3 We've got some awesome people here.
  6. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Flei - Tuts are how I taught myself how to use PS as well as graphic making. Those tuts on the net are my silent teachers. Always teaching but never criticizing, on the other hand, never giving feedback either. LOL.

Well, we also need people like you who can organize and make it happen. HUGS you tight for your selfless acts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12