aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

[Disc.] MAY 11: Beyond Graphics

1. Flei
    Flei
    Chawsu: What are you talking about? XD Your sigs already look great~ You've got a lot more skills than I had when I first started off. If you're making such a great sigs now, I can't wait to see what they look like in a couple of months.

Oh wow, you're the second (third?) person to mention carpel tunnel. Now I feel weird for never having any wrist problems... ;; Even my sister has carpel, but then again she spends 2+ hours every day drawing on her tablet.
  2. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Flei - I didn't know I can subscribe to this discussion thread, that is the reason I was just browsing through. Well, I'm learning new things everyday.

Wow, I really admire your talent with drawing and painting. I've always admired artists who can make something from nothing. I have SAI but my drawing is so bad I think even 1st graders can do wayyyy better than me. When did you started drawing? If your sister draw as well, it must be the family gene.

You should be glad you don't have it, it's very uncomfortable and made me sad when I can't play with graphics.

Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else? My sigs are so very basic, I'm always looking at the awesome sigs around Aarin and thinking how they achieve them to be so flawless and gorgeous.

loveusender - I saw your sigs and they are made of Awesome! Merlin is one of my fave shows too. I love how you use go about getting different colours in your sigs. With PS 5 how do you do it? I didn't see the Selective Colour option.

Halite75 - I don't have talent for drawing either. That is the reason I have a folder of all the beautiful drawings other people create.

cabbit_girl - I really admire your sigs, I'm always chasing after them at auctions but haven't been lucky enough to get one. They are so awesome and flawless. Do you have any fave sig tutorial that you can recommend to me that you found very useful or may be you have one you've made yourself?

Questions.

1. I just got my new PS 5 and I can't find the Selective Colour, is there any other option similar to this?

2. What is a scanlation group. It's a silly question but I'm new to all this. I've only been watching anime on Youtube. Didn't know about Aarin.
  3. Flei
    Flei
    Chawsu: I started drawing... a really long time ago as a kid, but never really kept it up. My sister = worlds better than me. I have SAI, but I don't use it much either. XD I'm too comfortable with PS. I have a drawing I did recently for someone for fun of their role-playing character, and it's basically the first drawing I've ever finished on my tablet. orz Even after owning it for 2+ years. My tablet experience isn't great, so yeah. Not that great. My sister is really good, though.

I'm sorry about the pain. D| My sister wants me to tell you that using a mouse helps (lol, she's in the room right now).

Oh pfft, of course I'm not mistaken! You should have a little more confidence in your skills. =P I swear, the harshest critique of any graphics artist is themselves. Take it from someone who's seen a lot of graphics: You're really good, especially for someone who's getting used to making sigs.

1. Checked a few sites, but... can't find info on that. Unless you mean CS5? In which case it's Image > Adjustments > Selective Color.
    2. Scanlation groups are the people who translate and edit the English manga scans we read/download online. =D
  4. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Flei - I see, that is a long time, I usually did ok in my art classes when I was in school, that's because my dad helped me. LOL. I got a tablet for my birthday but I don't know how to use it well. I have problems when I try to do blending. I also need to practice on anatomy.

Please tell your sis I'm using a mouse but it still hurts. So I usually take a break for a few hours then went back at it.

I totally agree with you, I'm my worst critic. LOL. You're very lucky to have someone to look over your art for you and give you feedback. It's great to have someone to bounce ideas with. Thank you so much for your kind words.

1. Ahh, I found it, thank you. it's not where it used to be in CS 3 and at the time I was searching for it, I was about to go to sleep. LOL. I think I should not be allowed to do anything just before I go to sleep or just after I wake up.

2. Oh I see. So I have you all to thank for all those pretties in English that I enjoy reading so much. Thank you so much formaking it possible for a non-Japanese speaking fans to enjoy the mangas. Bless all those people contributing in scanlation groups.
  5. Halite75
    Halite75
    @Chawsu Yeah, you have to remember there is a BIG difference between PS 5.0 and PhotoShop CS 5 (also known as PS 12.0).

@Flei Does CS 5 still have Adjustments Layers (Layer-->New Adjustment Layer) because that is how I usually do selective color? Your sister says using a mouse helps her wrist? O_o I have the opposite result which is why I use a trackball.
  6. Flei
    Flei
    Chawsu: Anatomy can be really hard. My sister kinda excels at that; as for me, I fail. Hard. Maybe one day i'll open a thread where you can show off sigs, drawings, resources, etc. and you'll see. orz The tablet takes a lot of practice! My sister advised me to spend at least 30 minutes a day on it (which I sooo didn't do). I've only started being comfortable with it in the last month.

My sister asks if you're moving with your entire arm? Like, don't move your wrists AT ALL and let all the movement come from the elbow. That's how she does it.

Glad you were able to find the Selective Color! xD

Halite75: It does, don't worry! If it didn't, I'd have gone running back to CS3. XP I do all my coloring on adjustment layers; it's great to color everything without messing with the base image.

Do you use it without moving your wrist? Try moving from the elbow. Imagine that your hand to your elbow is a stiff stick that can't be bent.
  7. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Halite75: Yeah, I'm getting used to the new interface. I'm loving all the extras they put in, especially with the stamp tool, now I cn see what I'm getting and make it easier for me to know exactly where to go.

@Flei Yeah, anatomy does take a lot of practice. I'm glad you're getting comfortable with the tablet. Any suggestions on using the tablet? Nope, I'm not moving my entire arm, that might be why I'm getting pain in my wrists. I'll try your sis's suggestion. Please convey my gratitude to her.

Have a great week, both of you and take care. HUG.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12