aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

[Disc.] APR 11: Longest Time Making a Set

1. Flei
    Flei
    cabbit_girl: Call me weird, but I really don't mind when I have to redraw gaps/text on images. I used to be an editor for a couple of scanlation groups, so re-drawing became almost a hobby of mine. It's fun to see how much you can rebuild of a single picture.

AND WOW, 10+ hours? That sounds killer... x__x I think you've just won the contest for longest time to make a sig. XD

Halite75: Omg, thank you for the guide! <3 That's going to be very useful~

Hyde: My advice is to finish it as soon as possible, lest you end up a year later still fixing it like I did. orz It's really not worth it. And after a year, it doesn't look on par to how your recent works look. ASLKJHGDLKALK I hate graphic slumps. <__<

aislinnelise: ... 3-30 minutes? ;o; That sounds absolutely amazing. I don't care if you use PS Elements, you've got to have skills to finish a sig in such a small time frame. I wish I was that good. Dx /totally jealous
  2. Erotic Devil
    Erotic Devil
    Wow. xD lol.
    Man, I usually spend hours on trying to photoshop. So much hours that I fell asleep. Usually I dont like to keep track because man, its really discouraging to know how long I'd spend staring at the screen and doing nothing much on it.

Longest to make a set, eh?.. Hmm..I would say since I'd open my graphic shoppe on this forum that I havent really completed any set.
    So more than a year + or so. Does that count? Longest but incomplete. Spend like a few hours for it but never really post 'em up.. Dont know I never like my own results much.
  3. blackcatme
    blackcatme
    about 2 hours, tops! if it gets past that, i really start doubting myself and my skills, thinking why the hell i cannot finish it yet, am i lacking in something? 2 hours was the longest time i stayed at a sig and hopefully i won't break that record ^^'
  4. loveusender
    loveusender
    I've spent 5-6 hours on a sig, I remember It was a House sig for kimblee18 and thank god I won the contest..It took forever. I kept tweaking every little thing! ..My usual times is about 45-1 1/2 max for a signature. I sketch out a plan of what I want the sig to look like and get to work. I usually know what theme I'm working with when looking at a picture so I'm good.
  5. Flei
    Flei
    Erotic Devil: Lol, I can't even count how many times I came close to not filling my shop orders because of one reason or another. I've managed to avoid it so far, but I fear for that one day it happens...

You sound like you spend a scary amount of time on your sigs. If you kept track, I bet you'd have the highest record. I don't think I've ever gotten sleepy/slept in the middle of working on graphics. ;;

blackcatme: Hope you don't break that record either! I can only work on a sig for an hour straight. After that, I take a break for a few hours or start working on it again the next day. It's really hard to work for hours without a proper break. @___@ And try not to doubt yourself too much! That can be a horrible enemy of time; you spend so much time doubting that you start to see everything you add to the sig as something bad.

loveusender: Congrats on winning the contest! It's great that all your hard work paid off.

Oooh, you sketch it out? I'm way too impulsive/scatterbrained to do that. It's amazing when people can get a rough draft of the sig done and have the finished product look like it. People like that have great imagination and vision. <3
  6. Halite75
    Halite75
    If I had a clear plan about what to do with a picture I'm making into a signature, it wouldn't take me so long!
  7. divinegrace92
    divinegrace92
    hmm longest time i do when making a set was 5 hours.. that was for lenka's contest....
    everything i did back then was pure experiment and everything turned out so magical cause that was of my earlier sigs..

now longest i do is 1 1/2 hour.. if i reach 2 hours i tend to close ps and work on a different picture if theres any available.
  8. Flei
    Flei
    divinegrace92: Wow, it seems like a lot of people stop working on a sig after an average of two hours? I stop around then, too. It's great that you spent so long on a contest entry; it must have looked great.

Wow, talking about how long it takes to make sigs, I wish I was faster than I am now. I'd ideally like to finish in under an hour. Man, but I hope I never again spend 3+ hours on a sig (which I know that I will at some point orz).
  9. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    lol yeah that 10 hours was a killer for me...esp since I usually just spend 5-15 mins on sigs normally XD...though sometimes the pic is so hard to work with I have no clue what to do
  10. Flei
    Flei
    cabbit_girl: ... 5-15 minutes?

I feel like a snail now. OTL It takes me at least 15 minutes to find the exact coloring I like. I can't even imagine finishing a sig in that time! That's just amazing.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast