aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Straight pairings you like

1. GenericWit
    GenericWit
    LOL I think for most people it's a gateway anime... the subbed version... sort of like Naruto. But the difference is for me the grossness of the couple and the setting and whatnot really made me not want to watch anime. So while it got some people into it, it put me off getting into anime for like two years. I was just stumbling in and getting interested with things like Gravitation and your basics (stuff that everyone's seen like Love Hina, Cowboy Bebop, Chobits, etc.) and then... Inuyasha killed it.
  2. Beloved_Seimei
    Beloved_Seimei
    I've gotten into the Larxene/Axel pairing. Also I like Namine with Riku
  3. lilith210
    lilith210
    I'm a huge fan of Syaoran and Sakura in every CLAMPverse they appear in. And although I'm a Sasuke/Naruto fangirl I don't really mind Hinata/Naruto. I also think Haruhi/Tamaki is too cute for words. Of course, I'm not saying I'd turn down something with Tamaki and Kyoya Finally, I'm a fan of Yuki/Tohru from Fruits Basket. I know I'll have to dodge flying weaponry for that one, but I've always liked it more than Kyo/Tohru. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
  4. zero11
    zero11
    Inuyasha was one of my first as well, and though I think Inuyasha/Kagome is okay, the whole from-different-time-periods poses a huge problem for me in that they could never work out without someone giving up their time period. I do ship Miroku/Sango something fierce though ^^;; (but Miroku is my favorite character in that show, so...)

Syaoran and Sakura just...goes without saying. They are the cutest thing pretty much ever I think the only pairing that competes with them in cuteness is Fakir/Ahiru from Princess Tutu. They're enough to rot your teeth, but that's what makes them so easy to love!

Other het pairings I adore:
    Sorata/Arashi -- X/1999
    Hubb/Cher -- Wolf's Rain
    Hige/Blue -- Wolf's Rain
    Kyon/Haruhi -- Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    Edward/Winry -- Fullmetal Alchemist
    Sora/Kairi -- Kingdom Hearts
    Wakka/Rikku -- Final Fantasy X
    Yoh/Anna -- Shaman King

...and apparently the list could go on forever XD I used to think of myself as a nearly-exclusive yaoi-shipper, but I've learned recently that's soooo not the case.

Oh, and...idk if it's weird of me, but I'm a nearly-exclusive hetshipper when it comes to Code Geass. I feel like most people I know tend to ship Lelouch with Suzaku and Rolo and stuff, but I like Lelouch with C.C., Kallen, and Shirley instead
  5. deb
    deb
    the other day i came to the conclusion that i like straight pairings IF they either have a strong female character or i just hit it off with the couple if not i just tend to gravitate towards yaoi, and that's what happens in a lot of series the main girl is just annoying/obnoxious/(one of those glass girls who is too quiet and blushes with everything/too normal
  6. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Totally agree with you! Isn't that one of the reasons we turn to slash/yaoi anyway? We love romance, but we're sick of that tired old depiction of women and female characters
  7. Cereni
    Cereni
    I like a lot of het pairings, but the notable ones are Catwoman/Batman (Batman with anyone else makes me sad); Relena/Heero (Gundam Wing) and I'm sure I'm one of the very few who like this or even Relena; Quatre/Dorothy (Gundam Wing); Tomoe/Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin); Kikyou/Inuyasha (Inuyasha); Kikyou/Naraku (Inuyasha); Meiling/Syaoran (Card Captor Sakura); Sakura/Syaoran (Card Captor Sakura); and Ichigo/Rukia (Bleach). I could go on and on...but it'd be a long list.
  8. Edokun519
    Edokun519
    I really enjoy...

Roy Mustang/Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist)
    Tamaki/Haruhi (Ouran)
    Bucaneer/Olivier Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)

I really can't stand the obnoxious, crying kind of girls, honestly |D; (likewinryfromfma). Or the shy, blushy kind, damsels in distress, etc... I like pairings with strong women where you know they'll be the ones wearing the pants xDD
  9. kinsugi
    kinsugi
    I'm happy to have somewhere to say this. For the most part, I'm a yaoi fan through and through. But sometimes... it just isn't true. The best yaoi is character-driven, and this character simply doesn't fit any yaoi pairing without severely altering his personality and motivations.

Himura Kenshin belongs to two women: his first wife, Tomoe (see OAV Trust & Betrayal), and his second wife, Kaoru. He is NOT sex buddies with Sano, who belongs to Saitou, nor with Aoshi, although they are pretty together. Before he met Tomoe, and during his ten long years of wandering after the Meiji Restoration, Kenshin was alone. He loved his first wife, and was devoted to Kaoru.

Any other interpretation of Kenshin's character simply doesn't fly.
  10. tightgrip
    tightgrip
    I like the following couples

Moriyama/Yaya (or Nana) - Othello
    Arikoto/Lady Chie - Ooku T__T
    Syaoran/Sakura - TRC/CCS
    Kazuhiko/Oruha - Clover
    Kairi/Momo - Peach Girl
    Shou/Kyoko - Skip Beat
    Ren/Kyoko - Skip Beat (I know, I can't make up my mind with these two) ^^;;;
    Ichigo/Rukia - Bleach
    Musashi/Otsu - Vagabond <3
    Koushi/Momoko - Sumomomo momomo
    Doumyouji/Tsukushi - Hana yori dango
    Onizuka/Kanzaki - GTO
    Roy/Riza - Fullmetal Alchemist
    Lin/Lan Fan - Fullmetal Alchemist
    Sousuke/Kaname - Fullmetal Panic
    Hagi/Saya - Blood+
    Kyo/Toru (Fruits Basket)
    Asuka/Ryo - Otomen (hmm?? I just realized the 2 names form a "Devilman" character's! )
    Ryuji/Taiga - Toradora ^^
    Ryo/Kaori - City Hunter
    Fakir/Ahiru - Princess Tutu
    Shuri/Sarasa - Basara *_*
    Ageha/Sarasa - Basara (again, I can't choose xD)
    Kazuma/Tsubasa - Karekano ^_^
    Rei/Kira - Mars <3
    Yakumo/Pai - 3x3 Eyes

Yuri couples:

Souma/Kendappa-Oh - Rg Veda
    Nana/Hachi - Nana (well, I prefer them together)
    Utena/Anthy - Revolutionary girl Utena
    Oscar/Rosalie - The rose of Versailles
    Toru/Saya - X/1999

That's a lot of straight pairings...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast