aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

What type of sets do you crave?

1. vizard light
    vizard light
    I'm not craving much now
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    Are the sets you're racking up in your contest helping to supress the cravings?
  3. vizard light
    vizard light
    that is not the case ..I'm not getting much entries in my contest
  4. Halite75
    Halite75
    Don't you have 20 or so? I know that is not a TON, but it isn't too bad. Sorry. Maybe there will be some last minute entries.

I pretty much limit myself to 2 (occasionally 3) entries in most contests now due to the EPIC FAILURES I've had in set contests where I entered more than that and the contest runner didn't like any of them (almost everyone who entered got honorable mentions except for me ). Very depressing when that happens.

On a happy note, one of those epic failures was auctioned off yesterday and earned 7,000 points which helps make me feel slightly like less of a loser when it comes to set making. Most of my contest earnings have come from wallpapers.

If you really feel like your set cravings have not been satisfied, I could make you another one since we are fellow set obsessionists. Is there a character in your contest that you'd particularly like to have that no one has done yet?
  5. Halite75
    Halite75
    I'm craving LOTS of sets, so I plan to hold a contest really soon to commemorate my 1 year anniversary at Aarin. I don't want to wait until my b-day in December to hold a set contest.

The only problem is that more and more people are holding contests and I won't get many entries if so many contest are going on.
  6. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    i'll be sure to enter
    the good thing abt a club like this is sometime a lot of set makers joins and they can get notify
  7. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Well I'm holding a contest right now because I can't make my own sets *fail*

My first set I did actually made; it was Haruka and Kantarou I just used the art from the graphics book of Tactics or whatever you call it.

For awhile I used to only ask for Renji x Byakuya sets but after awhile that gets embarrassing
  8. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    i can't make crack sets for you, but i can make romantic sets,...
    atm i'm obsessed with real peoples..
    aka BIG BANG !
  9. Halite75
    Halite75
    @Artemis Crack sets are a bit hard to make since it requires a lot of image manipulation, usually. I do like that you are saying if you don't plan to use the set, we can auction it or whatever. I hate it when I enter a set and the person never has any intention of using it, but they still keep it.

Having no participation points might limit your amount of entries though, especially from newbies to the forum trying to earn points. Not that 100 points is exactly much of an incentive. 1,000 points yes, 100 not so much.
  10. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I don't ask specifically for crack; it's just a suggestion! I like sweet and romantic sets, too

The reason why I don't do participation points is because people will slap together any old thing and call it an entry. Believe me, I have seen some fugly entries. Usually I give at least 1000 pts to all participants anyway, as long as it's obvious they tried.

But man, I am offering 500,000 pts and can't get any entries!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast