aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

RECIPES: Breads and Pastries

1. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Recipes for breads, pastries, doughs, and things like that. Aarinmember approved.

2. rav
    rav
    Okay let's make some goddamn bread here! HERE!
    We start with about 1/2liter or a bit less than 2 cups of liquid! Liquid can be water, milk, buttermilk, sour milk, yogurt or pretty much anything you like. Get this stuff warm, like body-temperature (put your finger in it, if it feels "warm-ish" it's there).

Then we smash up a 50gram package of live yeast, smash the hell out of it! crumble it's sad remains in the liquid.

After that we add about a liter of flour, whatever kind we happen to have handy, really. We also star kneading the crap out of the mixture, working it like our life depends on it. Then we throw in about a 1/2dl of melted, cooled butter (or oil, I guess) and 7 grams of sugar and 20 grams of salt. Maybe use more sugar than salt, experiment with this!
    Then we can add all sorts of stuff for flavour, like shredded garlic/carrot/cucumber or edible seeds, whatever we happen to like.

Keep kneading the dough and add more flour until it no longer sticks to your hands. It's time to let your enemy rest! Put it in a bowl, cover and let rest for about half an hour.

After that, you take that swollen dough and punch the crap out of it! Then rip it into 4 roughly equal-sized chunks and work them into a roughly spherical shape, sprinkle with sea-salt and use a knife to cut a X shape on top of each one, let them rest for another 15-30 minutes and then bake them at 175C for 20 minutes or so. You'll know when bread is cooked when you turn it over and knock on it, if it makes a "hollow" sound it's done.

YEAH! BREAD!

[edit] I can't believe I messed the amounts of sugar and salt that bad originally, hope no-one tried it before this edit XD