aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

RECIPES: Chicken-centric Dishes

1. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Recipes for meals that center around chicken or have chicken as a large key ingredient. Aarinmember approved, of course!

2. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Chicken Teriyaki with Rice

Short Description:
    A simple stir-fry that never fails to please. Perfect for dinner or anytime.

Ingredients:
    1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
    1 large green bell pepper
    1 onion
    1 lb. kikkoman yellow rice
    1 bottle teriyaki sauce/teriyaki marinade

PREP-- (about 20 min.)

De-core the pepper and slice it up into strips.

Cut the onion up as well, into slices about the same size as the pepper. (If using a large onion only use half, if using a smaller onion use all of it.)

Rinse off the chicken in cool water and proceed to cut it into small bite-sized pieces. Cut up all of the chicken.

---.-.-.-.---

Pour teriyaki sauce into large bowl, emptying most of bottle (leave a small amount still in bottle). Put chicken pieces in sauce and let sit.
    You don't want them to be TOO marinated as then the taste would be too overpowering so don't marinate the chicken over night or for more than 35 minutes.

Turn stove on HI to MED-HI and in frying pan, cook onions and peppers, browning them slightly. As stove heats up and begins to cook the onions and peppers follow the cooking directions for rice as stated on package. (Now would be a good time to start the rice since most of them take a good amount of time to just boil.)

Be sure not to burn the onions and peppers, adding remaining teriyaki sauce to frying pan as they begin to brown. Stir around and allow to cook 3 more minutes before adding chicken. (it's not necessary to add the teriyaki sauce with the chicken however it does add more flavor. If you DO add it in, don't use too much as it will get watery once added to the frying pan.) Reduce heat one or two notches.

Continue to stir the chicken, onions and peppers, until all the chicken is white on the outside and fully cooked through to the center.

Once fully cooked pour rice into individual bowls and cover with chicken, onions and peppers. Makes 4-6 servings.
  3. Ranecia
    Ranecia
    Garlic Chicken
    This is one of my favorite meals, but I tend to avoid it if I'm planning on being around lots of people the next day because I'm paranoid about garlicky smells. Anyway...

Ingredients:
    2 teaspoons crushed garlic
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    Salt and pepper

Directions:
    1. Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper together.
    2. Add chicken, let it marinade for at least 2 hours (I usually let it marinade for 8).
    3. Heat some oil in a skillet and cook the chicken. Make sure it's cooked well; it's no longer pink, and its juices are clear.
    4. Remove from skillet onto plate and top with the cheese.

I usually make some pasta to go with this dish, and a salad.