aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

RECIPIES:Sandwiches and other foods

1. XxSetsunaChanx
    Ok. I'm on here for a friend to post my po boy recipe that EVERYONE should know how to make.

Here it goes:
    1 10-12" long piece of New Orleans Style French Bread
    4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
    3 Tbsp Creole Mustard (Zatarain's makes a good widely available Creole Mustard. I'm actually working on a recipe for Homemade Creole Mustard.)
    Pickle Slices
    3/4 Cup Shredded Lettuce
    Tomato Slices (Optional)
    Fried Shrimp for Filling (Recipe below)

Slice the bread horizontally about 3/4 of the way through, leaving it hinged. Some people prefer to slice the bread all the way through.

Spread the Mayonnaise on the inside of the bottom portion of the bread, spread the Creole Mustard on the inside of the Top portion. Layer you pickles and Tomatoes (if using) on the bottom portion of the French Loaf. Fill with the lettuce, then top with the Fried Shrimp. Serve with an ice-cold Beer (like Dixie, Abita Amber, or your personal favorite) and kettle style Potato chips (like Zapp's). Put some hot sauce on the table and enjoy.
  2. rav
    rav
    Thanks Setsu, I do want to hear your recipe for Creole mustard too, since there's no chance of getting that at stores here!

Also for the Nyahleens style bread, would baguettes be an acceptable replacement? Or should I just make the bread too?