aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Greatest abuse of ukefying a character in anime

1. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    I know this has been said multiple times already, but Naruto. Na. Ru. To! I loved the guy to death and even though I've cooled from my Naruto phase, it still makes my stomach turn every time I come across a fic that just turns him into a weepy, wide-eyed UKE!!! And doujinshi...don't get me started on the doujinshi. No matter the pairing...

It got to the point that I've almost stopped reading Uke!Naruto fics entirely...(unless it's teacherxstudent, which I still actively search for) SasuNaru is now just a big NO, because I got sick and tired of half my searches popping up with it, when all I wanted was a good, quality story...and not an overly wimpy, chibified Naruto being uber submissive to an over-the-top seme Sasuke. (So hate him right now...)

And in Bleach...I absolutely hate it when they turn Ichigo into this. Absolutely loathe it actually. Mind, I can understand a Shy!First-time Ichigo, but I can still imagine him being an active participant, and fighting back just as much, and so not being totally submissive. Especially when it comes to Grimmjow or Renji. I expect playfullness, a struggle, because they are men and rivals and everything that says 'I'm not going to be a girl!'

...to rid my mind of recent fanfic and doujinshi, I'm proudly stating that I'm writing an Seme!IchigoxUke!Grimmjow fic...definitely NOT the doe-eyed variety, either...whether I post it or not is up to my beta...

For the Sengoku Basara fans, if there are any...

...and another one I'm beginning to despise, although not quite as widely known, is Ukefied!Masamune from Sengoku Basara. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's actually quite easy to find a Seme!Masamune to Kojuurou, who usually plays Seme to his lord...and KojuMasa is usually portrayed true to their relationship (read doujinshi: Senkou Click me!), surprisingly enough, as are the rest of the crack pairings that pop up in this fandon. But it's still done, and I hate it when Masamune just acts like a girl when the sex is going on. Sometimes it can be hot...but then there comes a time when I want to shake my head and frown.

...now Ukefied!Yukimura is a hell of lot more understandable, but people still find it absolutely acceptable to just go over-the-top. Innocent Yukimura is understandable. Weepy Yukimura? He's even sometimes portrayed as Seme! to Uke!Masamune (which isn't my preference, but hot all the same). So weak Yukimura just doesn't compute...>.< I expect the sex to be cute and sweet...but no crying involved unless it's from the intensity of the moment. No tears of pain and protest please...

This can apply to both MasaYuki/YukiMasa and SasuYuki/YukiSasu, by the way...

But more than those two...I absolutely detest Weepy-eyed weak Uke!Kojuurou... Gah, I can just die... Matsunaga x Kojuurou is a violent pairing to be sure, but Kojuurou, taking it crying?! Please!! Stupid, fanart...why are you still on my computer...

...I think I'm done ranting for now...
  2. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Dark Adonis, I can provide you with pictures if you like

MegaMaz, LET IT OUT!!!! it's good for the soul
  3. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    MegaMaz I feel your pain.

And to those earlier that complained that Vegeta gets way ukefied, I agree. It's a crime. He's like the ultimate badass. Sure he's short. Sure he gets all the hell reaped upon him for his pride, arrogance and earlier evil behavior. But he's the reason most people watch DBZ to begin with. Such a fantastic character. For him to be ukefied is horrifying.
  4. Delmasca
    Delmasca
    *rams head into a wall*

Naruto.

This is conceivably my biggest pet peeve. I can't explain the number of fanfics I've come across where Naruto has been blatantly, and right off the bat, portrayed as some shivering, pale skinned, crying, whimpering, frail, thin, little *****, that gets shoved up against every wall in sight, and whose thighs are trembling before his pants are even off.

Let's get one thing straight: Even if for a moment you disregard how irrevocably obvious it is that Naruto is in absolutely no way any of those things after the timeskip; even as a twelve year old prepubescent child he was equipped with a raspy voice, a brazen never back off attitude, tanned skin, and he was even a bit chubby in the face.

So how, I wonder, do you arrive at the attributes like the above?

Well, you just might have to be as stupid as the people involved in the "OMG NARUTO IS ALWAYS UKE AND NEVER EVER SHOULD HE EVER BE SEME LIKE NO WAI!" community. You also might have to be equipped with ZERO concept of what it's like to be in a relationship, because anyone with half a braincell above retardation knows that even in HETERO relationships, the person who dominates changes, (even if there is one who tends to dominate more), never mind in a homosexual relationship.

What so many people seem to forget, is that these people that we wish were gay, in their natural setting are in fact very straight men. Men. Man. Manbearpig. Do you understand that? Nowhere is there any mention of any overtly female attributes, and to add them for the sake of your poorly written fanfiction is a bastardization of character, and (though some are womanly), nowhere in a homosexual relationship do they have to be.

I've been wanting to post something like this over there for a while. But theirs is a lost cause if there ever was one. XP
  5. AyameNakatsu
    AyameNakatsu
    A south park reference? that's just sad, or maybe I'm the sad one for getting it, whatever... this thread has invoked all sorts of emotions in me. Frustration, irritation, amusement, and just plain old freakiness.

But in response to the KKM comment about Wolfram not being uke. Well the actual manga has Wolfram tell Yuuri that Yuuri can take the lead... just a thought. Though the stuff artists/writers do to Wolfram when they make him uke is just wrong, so I am in complete agreement with you there.

Now, I <3 Inui and Kaidoh to pieces, so it always makes me sad to see either of them ukefied beyond recognition (I have seen it happen far to often to Kaidoh). What have they done to you Kaidoh? What happened to your awesome badass-ness. *sigh*

And I am not even going to get started on Naruto... just... no.

Hahaha... Vageta? A girly little uke? Seriously?
  6. Milcah
    Milcah
    I personally cannot stand it in Hetalia fandom when they "uke-fied" the poor Finland/Tino. Seriously, just because he is Sweden's/Berwald's ex/historical "wife", doesn't mean, he is a 15 year old girl with a penis and no boobs. In fact, I read a doujin where he is portrayed as a child with a frail body having sex with manly Sweden.

And sadly, Finland is often portrayed as short and uke-ish in the fandom, when in fact, he is the third tallest on the Nordic group, according to the author.Oh my, if these people only know how manly finnish men is and Finland's history.

Seriously, he is indeed portrayed as a girl only without a boobs and has a penis. And it saddens me when they make Finland the mother of Sealand just because he is Sweden's ex-"wife", even though when there is no historical (or present) connection between Finland and Sealand. And Finland is not Sweden's "wife" anymore!

This is why Finland is my least favorite character in Hetalia.
  7. jeun-chan
    jeun-chan
    Tsuna from KHR. Yeah he's short, complains a lot and has really big eyes. But he's strong, has common sense, and he's going to be the boss! He'll he even beat bigger and scarier guys! At least keep him as a man/ teen or something.
  8. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Agh, I fail to see the Tsuna appeal in general, as a boy or girl lol. Gosh, there are so many others to look at in that anime - sheesh!! But yeah, that girlification of him is criminal. I think Artemis showed me a pic of him with womanly hips once and made me crack up lol. Those hips were made for birthin' babies!

I reread the Naruto rant above by Delmasca and just laughed again. It's such a shame lol. Watching Shippudden, it's clear that Naruto should not be portrayed this way!
  9. jeun-chan
    jeun-chan
    My Tsuna appeal is his Hyper dying will form. I'm not to interested in normal Tsuna. HDW is definitly seme.
  10. the_assassin
    the_assassin
    Eck, I'm only okay if Tsuna is the seme. As the uke he just pisses the hell out of me =P I think a lot of main characters get ukefied to the max, especially when they're shorter than the main cast, which is just blah.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast