aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Why I started "The Anti Doe-Eyed Uke Brigade."

1. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I like bossy ukes, so Ayase-type really annoys me.
    Me, toooo!!! They are actually my favorite type Hence my current Kanda-obsession

I forget, are you Yuuram or Wolfyuu? I think Yuuram works so much better b/c Wolfram gets to be bossy uke then.
  2. simplyme
    simplyme
    I don't mind Wolfyuu but I prefer Yuuram. Uke Wolfram is fun! Shut up and do me, you wimp! I can imagine him saying this.
  3. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Hiya! *waves at new members*

I agree, it's just a different position in bed. Being uke doesn't mean you have to be necessarily submissive. And the girls that write these men as "girls," - well that just irks me to no end because when was the last time you met a girl that sniveling? WOMEN aren't like that! (sorry the feminist in me is coming out lol).

And you mentioned Sasuke well, that reminds me, the complete destruction of a character's personality to make these pairings "fit." It drives me crazy. Renji shouldn't be teary eyed and wimpy... never!

*hops off the soap box*

When you guys were first talking about Jem, I thought you were talking about the singer lol.
  4. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
  5. sakura1685
    sakura1685
    May I join?
  6. PollyW
    PollyW
    Not even if You try to make one of the boys into a girl, should they by like Ayase. Not such a complete doormat, without any will. It is OK to be kept captive by Your honor (over a debt or something similar) but show some fire! Some resistance! Give some sign to Your master, that You are not OK with this situation. Throw something at him, spit in his soup, bite him. Not lie on the bed and cry. This is not the behaviour of most of the girls and for sure, not of the boys! Arrrgh. The ukes in the Love Mode manga are much, much better.
    And Artemis Moonsong: "I can't possibly imagine Renji as a doe-eyed trembling virgin" - this made me cross-eyed for a while and then do ROTFL. I can only say: me also, not even with my sick, sick mind.
  7. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Whoohoo, so many new members lol.

I'm going to start another post so we can continue the fun discussion.
  8. shiiba
    shiiba
    hey there, everyone!

Badass
    Angsty
    Assertive
    Intelligent

ukes rule....period....end of discussion.

<----- This is what doe-eyed, sniveling ukes do to me!

Cool group, dharma!

Some of my most favs of all....

~Shiiba...from the S novels
    ~Alexy...from hayley_beth24's Hunting the Prophet
    ~Ranmaru...from A Foreign Affair (can never remember how to spell the J-ese title!)
    ~Sky Daniels...from honeykissfire's In His Chambers and Surrounded By Sky
    ~Tatsurou...from Sleeping With Money
  9. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Hi Shiiba, welcome to the group
  10. Dark Adonis
    Dark Adonis
    Being an uke myself, I take offense at the idea that an uke has to be this girly, emotionally vulnerable little weakling. I also think the concept of the doe-eyed uke is really sexist. I can't stand women who act like that as it is. Making a male act like that just to reiterate that he is in the "feminine" position just really rubs me the wrong way!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast