aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Anime recommendations so we can avoid the ultra ukes!

1. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Though not a yaoi, but heavy with slash hints, I was recently watching series 2 of Sengoku Basara and was struck by how many of the guys, really, all but two, were quite masculine, and yet the sexual chemistry was so there! And even the feminine - ish guys were warriors. It made me think that we should have a thread on here to recommend animes, both bl and non-bl, that we could appreciate. So rec away.
  2. lazyn3ko
    lazyn3ko
    get backers , Monochrome Factor, Koutetsu Sangokushi, Gankutsuou all of these have heavy slash hints
  3. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Ehh but the kid in Monochrome Factor is ... pretty much a doe-eyed uke Otherwise, there aren't really any truly masculine characters in that anime AT ALL.

Ditto for Koutetsu Sangokushi; there are a couple macho guys, but there are an equal amount of girly ukes.

Don't know anything about the other two.
  4. MzFoRi3
    MzFoRi3
    Well i don't know much about anime yaoi, but i really recommend Koisuru Boukun, it has 2 OVAs but the rest is really in the manga.
  5. the_assassin
    the_assassin
    Mirage of Blaze is a must.
  6. FatalFantasy
    FatalFantasy
    ViewFinder animix has no doe eyed uke! Even tho he does cry a lil, he's not so girly.... ITS A MUST SEE! AND READ! the full title is Loveprize in ViewFinder
  7. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Brave 10 has a lot of macho guys in it, and even the pretty and cute ones are still warriors

Lots of mainstream shounen is packed with macho guys: Bleach, Gintama, etc.
  8. UllaBritta
    UllaBritta
    Tiger & Bunny, the main "couple", the two guys that are mainly slashed, are both manly. Sure, Barnaby cries at one point but that's because he had an angsty past, and not because he is helpless and weak so yeah... And Kotetsu is a total DILF! Although, the doujins tend to make the uke very...uke...as in, crying and weak. Which I don't like. So be warned if you read the doujins.
  9. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Pffft All doujin are like that. I could never find a decent RenBya doujin to save my life. Part of the appeal of Byakuya-as-uke is that he is beautiful yet strong and powerful still... not crying and blushing and weak *barf*
  10. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    It would be one thing if Koutetsu was just crying in the doujins. But what's with all the frilly aprons, white stockings and garters, maid uniforms, nurse uniforms... etc. Jeez! lol It kind of pisses me off. And I'm not looking for these. These are images I randomly happen upon, so imagine if I were looking for them.