1. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I don't write fics about under 18 characters
  2. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    ... double post
  3. simplyme
    simplyme
    What. Naruto and Sasuke are the same age, Naruto was born in October (the day Kyuubi attacked) and Sasuke was born in July and those few months are the only age difference between them. Before the time skip they are 12-13, after the time skip 15 and now 16. The whole confusion about Naruto's age comes from the fact that it was said he failed to pass the last exam several times so people assumed he must be older than Sasuke. BUT A STUDENT CAN GRADUATE FROM THE ACADEMY WHEN HE REACHES A CERTAIN LEVEL OF SKILLS, NOT WHEN HE REACHES A CERTAIN AGE. Both Kakashi and Itachi graduated when they were little kids, Kakashi at the age of 5, as far as I remember. Of course Naruto, being himself, had to try taking the last exam several times. He's actually a few months younger than Sasuke.

I'm reading only good fanfiction from good authors and the stories have older teens/adult Naruto and Sasuke. The pairing is popular because it simply screams "SLASH US!" with all the "most precious person" stuff and Naruto constantly emo-ing over Sasuke. When I first watched Naruto I didn't even know what yaoi was, but after the Valley of the End scene (the one in the rain http://narutofever.com/episodes-revi...Picture+10.png ) my first though was: "Wow. That was gay". I tried reading het fics but it just didn't work.
    That's why the pairing is so popular, I guess.

As I said, kawaii-Naruto bothers me, a lot. Kawaii-uke Naruto bothers me even more. It's all in the heads of girls who need a feminine character to enjoy a pairing. They got the canon and fanfiction all mixed up and don't know when one ends and the other starts. It's like they actually believe that their idea of Naruto is Kishi's idea, the only one true and correct. Making Sasuke uke is like making their dream guy a girl, that's why Sasuke has to be the masculine seme.
  4. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I'm reading only good fanfiction from good authors and the stories have older teens/adult Naruto and Sasuke. The pairing is popular because it simply screams "SLASH US!" with all the "most precious person" stuff and Naruto constantly emo-ing over Sasuke.
    They refer to each other as "most precious person"? Oh my, that's sounding a lot like Oofuri

What is it with all the best slashy hints being between the youngsters??
  5. Grawsparrv
    Grawsparrv
    Oh, damn... *GRINS*

Now I'll talk a little bit, ok?

First off; Naruto isn't pretty or even sweet, expect for those scars, he doesn't even match most of the yaoi-boys you people draw. And, yeah - he wasn't popular at the start of the series; he had no friends. He was/is an orphan, with no siblings. He lived alone while an entire city _hated_ him. So, he did a lot of pranks (any child needs atention, folks) and tried to make Sakura like him, very often by being a perv.

Yeah, I get it. People DON'T like him. 'Tis OK with me.

The thing is; read the manga and you'll se that he actually grew up. You know; the "chasing Sasuke"-thing became a "protect my village"-thing. He went from a stupid friendless kid, to an semi-adult (16 years) that SAVED a lot of people. And is doing a fine job of becoming the next leader, see.

Now... I don't know about you, but there are things that are more attractive than your usual "hotness". Things like loyalty, or just being able to hold unto faith. The kind of person that never gives up or surrender; things that makes you a bloody hero, ok?
    So. Then you have the Sasuke-thing. Oh, damn... have any of you ever lost a friend to dope or alkohol or just to some IDIOT girl-/boyfriend? I lost one to a sect... And, I tried to get near her, to _save_ her. It took me 4 years to find her, and less than 3 min. to loose her again. She never came back, never went home again and got pregnant with some abusing bastard. She went from a sect to a wifebeater. So. I lost her forever and it _hurts_. That kind of pain...
    ...is the same that Naruto feels, I think, everytime he thinks about Sasuke. Friend, brother or lover - who gives a f*uck?

Raw emotions, hope, passion, friendship, pain, longing. Picture that, and forget freaking yaoi for a sec, will ya? Love is NOT lust. But sometimes lust gets born out of love, specially when two people have shared a great deal of loss and stress.

So, some people make weeping ukes of both of them. Yeah, I agree; disgusting. And, some people make BLOODY good stories about them, too; wonderful!

But really... I'm an adult and I've seen kids (12-17) in war. Yeah, the real stuff. These kids have weapen. They kill. And, if they kill - believe me, then they have sex. So, if I read some story with the usual sex between Sasuke and Naruto, I won't puke - these "kids" are more mature than some of your parents, really. Besides, Kishi writes/draws a manga that is based on WAR. Oh, man... ayou grow up pretty fast there and then, let me tell you.

So. Naruto was a jerk. He grew up ad became someone to trust and respect. Sasuke went bad, and became a bigger jerk. Naruto & friends still loves him and are chasing him, just to bring him home.

End of story.

No need to diss Naruto, really. Doing that makes me think about the poor kid the idiots always bullied at my school.

But, then... this is _my_ opinion.
  6. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Oh, I KNOW 16 year olds have sex! I just don't want to READ it ... or view it, blech *thinks of some of the pics that are uploaded into the gallery here*

I never diss Naruto as a story; I'm sure it's great I tried to watch it but it didn't hook me. What I don't enjoy are erotic stories/images featuring boys (or girls for that matter), and, um, some how I'm the odd one out here??

Only in a yaoi forum

Also, this whole thread is about dharma being frustrated because she keeps finding ALL THESE FICS for Naruto, and yeah, that is annoying. It's the same kind of annoyance that people have for Junjou, and for that one, I'm on the other side of the fence, covering my ears and going "La la la!" because they just don't know how good Junjou really IS!!! (well, at least Egoist!)
  7. Arigatomina
    Arigatomina
    @Artemis: Physically, Renji the same age as Ichigo and that's 15 yrs old. He'll be 15yrs old forever because at fifteen Bleach characters reach physical maturity - adult height, adult size, 20yr old mentality. All Bleach characters fall into preteens who look and act like little kids, adult 15yr olds who look and act like 20yr olds, middle aged 35yr olds and 60+ graying old people who actually look and act their age. That's how Bleach is made. Byakuya should be in the middle age group according to his mentality and history, but he's drawn the same age as Ichigo, so...he's 15yrs old, too. Age is what the artists draw and what the writers say. That's how anime works. If under 18 is a kid, then every anime character who doesn't look 18 is a kid and every anime character who is technically under 18 (whether they look and act it or not) is a kid. Renji, who is the same apparent age as Ichigo, is a kid. You don't accept Hitsugaya as an adult despite the years he's spent dead because you base age entirely on appearance, right? So Renji's the same age as Ichigo and Chad, based entirely on appearance. And I *know* you write fics about Renji. I've read some and loved them. ^^;

That's all off-topic, though. Age has nothing to do with the ukification of the characters. There are plenty of KakaIru djs and fics who depict Iruka as a wide-eyed uber-uke. He's in his twenties. I've seen djs that depict Orochimaru as a infantile uber-uke and he's like...going on 60? He's paired with an ancient Jiraiya, so they're really up there. With SasukexNaruto, the ukification continues no matter how old they're supposed to be. In the high school djs, Sasuke looks 19 and Naruto looks 13. In college djs, Sasuke looks 25 and Naruto looks 13. In adult djs, Sasuke looks 35 and Naruto looks 13. I'm sure if people did djs (or fics) featuring Sasuke as a 60yr old, he'd still be paired with a uber-uke Naruto who looks thirteen years old. Only the seme is allowed to look his actual age. With uber-ukes, their apparant age is eternally frozen at 15.
  8. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Nooooo way is Renji "15" He is 6'2 and weighs 172 lbs. He's full grown, dear As is Byakuya. In any case, you may notice then when I write AUs I always make Renji 22 and Byakuya 28, just to be sure And even for canon fics I push them a few years down the road.

Really, if you say everyone in Bleach is 15, are you also including Aizen? Shunsui? I don't know how many 15 year old can grow that much facial hair

Yeah, they look and act just like adult men, whereas Hitsugaya looks and acts (to some degree) like a boy. Okay I will grant that Hitsugaya carries himself in an overly serious manner, but he has temper tantrums (over Matsumoto for instance) like a child, and is even treated as a child sometimes by other characters.

My point, and how it relates to this topic, is that Hitsugaya looks very much like a child, and so I cannot for the life of me figure out how some adult women can receive erotic pleasure from either viewing or reading about him. The same goes for the kids in Naruto. Now, I have full respect for fanfic authors and fan artists who depict the characters "several years down the road" when they are in erotic situations. 18 is my personal cut off, although I don't truthfully find much very tantalizing about an 18 year old boy (they aren't even finished growing). But when you are drawing pictures of, say, Naruto being uked, cheeks cherry-red and tears streaming down his chubby face as he's being f*cked ... okay, we have a problem there

And so I have to conclude (imo) that child!(canon)Naruto is equivalent to a doe-eyed uke in my book. I don't mean that Naruto would necessarily have to be doe-eyed if he were having sex at the age of 16; I'm sure he could enjoy it as much as any 16 year old boy could. But it's something that I am equally turned off by and actually start to wonder at what's going on in the minds of people who enjoy it.

And by the way, I do have this disclaimer on my Fanfiction.net page: "Please note that all characters in my stories are adults. I heartily condemn stories which depict romantic or sexual scenes with characters below the legal age of consent. This is not a legal disclaimer to "cover my butt." I support the online effort to remove such stories from the web."

9. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    In all fairness, I've not watched Naruto in subbed form, only dubbed on TV. I enjoyed it, but am not obsessed by it, although there are some characters that are really great and I'd love to know more about them. But I guess why it's hard for me to see his appeal is Naruto's english dub makes him seem very annoying to me. Again, that's my fault because I've not seen the sub... it's a daunting task with so many episodes to catch . So I can see all points being made. But it also might be my Ichigo syndrome in that I tend, in general, to like the less popular characters and like the darker characters or the characters that you don't see enough of as opposed to the main character/hero/guy that wins every fight character. So I can really see the appeal of Sasuke but haven't warmed up to Naruto yet. And personally, I don't see his physical appeal (but that's just me.)

So I guess those that are really into it, are more drawn to the yearning and angst of Naruto not being able to find his own friend and the mourning loss of his good character. I do love angst so I can see how that would have an effect on so many.
  10. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Oh shoot, you're so much nicer than me *punches dharma*
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast