aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Do not read...

1. Qwertzu
    Qwertzu
    hello to all my fellow fluff-haters!

so... I was just wondering... Do you have "recommendations" (for the lack of better word) what NOT to read/watch because it´s so fluffy it will make you ? not necessarily yaoi, let´s say generally, anime, manga, novels, movies... whatever.

we could share our opinions, whaddya think?
  2. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    Just send flowers had me in a hospital. There are so many movies I don't know where to start. When it comes to manga and anime, strongly recommend steering away from shoujo's although some are good.

ps. I don't think soubibeloved likes me very much, considering how much I've bashed his story. My apologies to him, though I don't think he cares
  3. Duralumin
    Duralumin
    Don't forget LovelessSoubi and Kanbe Akira oh and hi btw hahaha

Oh and Fushigi Yuugi, such constipated drivel.
  4. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    Yeah, I don't think LovlessSoubi likes me much either. I never touched Kanbe akira. Her stories just make me shudder. I never touch anything the author of Fushigi Yuugi does cause I'll end up killing the author if I'm forced to finish one of her stories.
  5. bonbonmimi
    bonbonmimi
    At first when I saw Ghettoe's link to the group, I wanted to join but felt sort of guilty (cos its sounds so mean!) since I've only posted two posts on aarin and don't even have a display pic and a razzle dazzle signiture. But then I was going scanning through the top voted fictions on aarin (while waiting for the Deceiving Clouds fic to update) and the sheer amount of fluff simply baffles me and the fact that they are sooo popular is even more vexing , forcing me to finally embrace my hatred!

Your posts here are hilarious! Especially the "Just send flowers had me in a hospital." bit!

As for recommendation, I found Junjo Romantica (sp?) increasingly annoying as the chapters progressed. The two side couples were put in there cos the main story didn't have enough steam to carry through! I don't understand why its so popular!!

Thank you for setting up this group!
  6. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    No one should ever feel unwelcomed here. We welcome all fluff haters and we are glad to have you. Contrary to my beliefs, I am trying a loveless Soubi fic right now. I am trying to be open minded but the story is getting kind of predictable.
  7. lizi0591
    lizi0591
    Phew, finally....Found some peoople who share the same view as me....i just don't get how all the fluffy stories get sooooo popular. Don't they ever get annoying??? Anyway, i had to try the story which put ghettoe in a hospital but i quit after reading the first chapter to save myself from the same fate....it was just too much to take! I hope lovelessSoubi doesn't hate me for this but i used to looooove her stories but now they're getting a little annoying with all the fluff.
    I would recommend Queen_of_Sadness stories since they're all angsty, dark, and dramatic, with minimum fluff. But I have to warn you they do contain rape, as in literally all of them. Hope u guys wouldn't mind me becoming a new group member! *sigh* i know i bable a lot.
  8. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    To be honest, I cannot tolerate Queen of Sadness. Just like fluff is extreme she is the unfortunate opposite. I read one of her fics and I was just appalled. This guy gets raped then in like the next chapter forgives the guy and they start playing that whole angsty and cliche game that I absolutely cannot tolerate.