aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

General Chatter

1. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Tee hee. Oh, that author who writes about vampires that we can't relate to? Hmm, I can think of one example, the group we are apart of, Stephenie Meyer, LOL. I mean, we do go off on tangents about how we can't understand her vampires at all and why in the world would they be in High school.

Oh, and I was having a discussion with my friend, who is a die-hard Twilight fan, and she asked me, (like I would know), why Jasper can use his calming powers on Bella when no other vampire powers work on her. Edwards powers don't work, none of the Volturi's powers work on her, etc. But Jasper's do.

I have no idea. It might have been explained in the book, but even if it was, I think that's a bit ridiculous for one vampire to be an exception and for no real apparent reason. The fact that they all had different and unique powers in the first place was weird, and no one was given an explanation as to why. If a vampire is given an extraordinary power, there should be a reason why. Like his bloodline or someone's blood he drank.

Okay...now I've gone off on a tangent
    Anyway, thank you again for your compliments!!

I'm procrastinating by responding to you, but now I'll return to typing up Chapter 7
  2. mimithenumberon
    mimithenumberon
    ch 7? As in ch 7 of your fiction?! O.o Because let me tell you i have checked for updates regularly! Take your time though. At the end of the day it's all about having fun! ^,^

The Jasper thing...I never thought about that and OMG you, or rather your friend, is so right!! I myself finished the books and that glitch was never explained! It makes no sense. Why would his powers work when none of the others do?! Once more here's Twilight for you.

Now let's back up for a second and let me explain the 'I myself finished the books' thing. well.....i have to admit, though i am embarrassed, that i sort of got swept in the craze in the beginning. I was 15 and stupid. (or was i 16?....) Well i did, and still do, think that there were some, very few, but some interesting concepts. If Stepheny (did i spell her name right) was a better and less romantic ott writer, i genuinely think it could have been a relatevely good idea. However that 'craze' only lasted for about half way through Twilight. I continued to read the second book and the next one and the next next one but i was really just reading to know what comes next rather than actually enjoying it. Sides, like you i have not one but 4 twilight obsessed friends and i swear, here and now, if one of them talks about that stupid book one more time or whines that it's over.....i'm going to beat them to death with the said book! .\_/. They should be happy. After all they'll die at the hands of Edward and Jacob (technically speaking).

Phew....i sure can rant and rave sometimes.....LOL. Well, that twilight right out of my system!

(ch 7!! I'm doing a happy dance inside my mind with the anticipation! ^3^)
  3. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Yikes! 4 obsessed Twilight friends! I don't envy you I already have my hands full with my one friend!
    Haha.But yeah, I read the books as well, and thought, they were okay. I realized halfway through them that they were definitely for teens. It was a ridiculous love story at best. I give her points for being able to remember what it was like to feel so young and in love, but she lost major points for making it a love story about a vampire. Vampire, in my mind, doesn't equal fluffy, romantic stuff. You can have a love story in there, but it won't be an easy one by any means. It should be angsty like Buffy the Vampire Slayer was--Ugh, can't believe I used that example. But my brain hurts, and can't think of a better one right now
    Anyway, thought you'd be happy to know Chapter 7 is finally up.
    Maybe that's why my brain hurts from editing too much

Chapter Seven: Quicksand.
    Enjoy~
  4. mimithenumberon
    mimithenumberon
    I just read the update and i believe my reaction is easily summed up in my comments! Needless to say it was awesome! >.<
    I hope your head's ok now. Headaches me want to blow my brains out.....I hate them more than anything!
  5. BerserkRaccoon
    BerserkRaccoon
    hey guys ^^ There seems to be just as little life in here as in Draculas coffin... Hmm... And here I was ready to volunteer for the shooting squad... Anyway, thanks for accepting my join request

P.S.: Those bunny videos are really funny ^^
  6. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Thank you for joining

Well, I took over the group a while back. I seriously love vamps, but hate Twilight. Vamps do NOT sparkle, lol. So, I found this group and asked to join. Little did I know, how dead the group was. But I tried to liven it up by adding a who bunch of posts and information on vamps A couple of new members joined in the conversations here and there, but aarin folks only log in every now and again. And even when they do, they sometimes forget to check their groups, lol.

That's okay. It is just for fun And I will keep adding vamp info as I randomly come across it
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123