aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

The Book List

1. Strude
    Strude
    VAMPIRE NOVELS YOU SHOULD BE READING

Novels Title/Series Name - Author

Please if it's a series write the series name, don't list all the books. I know several vampire series that have 10+ books to them! Just trying to keep it organized.

- Simply use the format above and list vampire novels.
    - Twilight is NOT accept or supported here. Please do not list it.
  2. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    I'm adding a little summary if that's okay! ^^; I hope you don't mind.

The Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice (of course~)
    If you're up for the vamp that started the whole craze way back in the 80's, here's where to begin. I'm a sucker for Lestat and I can never get enough David and Armand.

Summary: Is it needed? Vampires. Living their lives. Drinking blood. Being arrogant pricks.
    Genre: Dark/Horror/Suspense
    Reading Level: Adult 18+
    ---NOTE---
    If you haven't read Interview with the Vampire I reccommend the movie, as much as the book is vital to the series it's written in Louis's voice and is boring as all hell to read. The movie is directed by Rice and follows the book word for word almost. If you'd rather read the book go for it, but the second novel The Vampire Lestat is where the story is interesting enough to hold your attention.

The Saga of Darren Shan (UK)
    The Cirque Du Freak Series (US) - Darren Shan

Okay these aren't your classic vampires but they sure as hell are kick ass. Darren has put a huge twist on your classic vampire but has made them all the more interesting and less cliche.

Summary: The story is about an average boy who is forced to becomes the assistant to a vampire who works for a freak show in order to save his best friend's life. In turn he must become a half-vampire. After the turn, Darren's life is turned upside down and everything he thought he knew about Destiny and Fate just got more complicated.
    Genre: Horror
    Reading Level: Young Adult 13+ (but trust me, it's a great series no matter what age)

The Dark-Hunter Series - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Okay, they aren't vampires but they have fangs and they kick major ass while still looking good. The Daimons they fight are often referred to as vampires and this is an amazingly written, steamy hot romance/dark fantasy series that I adore so much.

Summary: Dark-Hunters are humans who died horrible deaths due to being betrayed in life. They have sold their souls to serve Artemis, the Greek goddess of the hunt, in order to come back and avenge their deaths in exchange for eternal servitude fighting off the blood thirsty Daimons. Daimons are soulless creatures who absorb human souls and kill outright to survive.
    These are Romance/Action/Dark Fantasy novels, so expect a lot of, um, hot steamy R-rated scenes~
    Genre: Romance
    Reading Level: Adult 18+

The Last Vampire Series - Christopher Pike

This is a series for the younger generations, it's kind of like Goosebumps and Are you Afraid of the Dark, as far as reading level wise. This was the first series I read way back in fifth and sixth grade. I figured it'd be nice to add in case someone had a kid that was looking for a series they could read that was interesting but not TOO scary.

Summary: Sita is the first living vampire and the last, thanks to her demonic brother Yaksha. At least that was what she thought until a nightly discovery brought up old pains and memories.
    Genre: Horror
    Reading Level: Young - Young Adult 13+
  3. Strude
    Strude
    Don't mind at all, add summers all you like ^______^'
  4. Strude
    Strude
    However I must disagree with your note about Interview with a Vampire. It isn't boring, it simply takes a certain type of person to enjoy it. I loved it personally, more so then the movie (which I loved greatly). I find most of Anne Rice' novels take a certain someone to enjoy them.

Must say the Chronicles are the easiest three books to read. The rest of Rice's vampires novels are touch and go, you either like them or you don't. Some of them have their in between ground but most of them people tend to be pretty decided!

The Vampire Armand is my personal favorite of all her vampire novels. Since it is the story of my favorite vampire. Blood and Gold is my second, but that's a tough one to read.

Hmn, I should list some of my vampire picks!

Author: Amelia Atwater Rhodes
    Novels: In the Forests of the Night, Demon in My View, Shattered Mirror, Midnight Predator.
    Each novel is about a different vampire and/or supernatural set of characters. They all link via factions and some characters. They're short novels, young adult category and easy to read. Take and afternoon the read them all ^____^'

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
    Novels: Anita Black Vampire Slayer Series
    We've all heard about it, the books are good and the series is good. Warning they do become VERY sexually graphic by book 11 (first sex scene does not happen till book 5, you're in the clear till then). Books 12-15 are the in my opinion the worst of the bunch but worth reading if not for the kinky hot passionate sex! The series itself revolves around a vampire slayer by the name Anita Blake who works for a supernatural agency that deals in, well, the supernatural! Follows her life, her trials and her job. I don't do it justice, just go read it!
  5. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    @ Spiget
    Oh, I definitely agree. The Vampire Lestat and The Vampire Armand are my two favorite. I enjoyed Interview, movie and book alike, but after recommending it countless times to friends and associates I always got the same reaction. "It's boring, I can't get through it, I don't think I like this series." and they would put it down before they even tried to finish. I got so disheartened about the entire thing, I pretty much just started telling people to watch the movie, just so that they don't jump to the any conclusion regarding the first one.

I'm on Blood and Gold now. I would have finished the series aeons ago if my local bookstores carried them. Actually, 3 of my Rice books I had to get at Wal-Mart. XD

--------

If you're looking, I'm gonna list a few mangas/animes because there are some really good ones out there, and I know some people don't know if they want to pick them up or not:

Trinity Blood - Sunao Yoshida
    It's really good and at the top of my list. It has a little of everything.

Summary: Taking place centuries in the future, Abel Nightroad is neither a human or a vampire as he travels from city to city as a priest working for the Vatican. What he is, is much different. Charged with the job of protecting the fragile equilibrium, Abel isn't a stranger to vampires. No, in fact, his inhuman self is something else entirely, he's a vampire...who feed son other vampires. A Crusnik(spelled that wrong no doubt).
    Rating: Teen 13+

Vassalord - Nanae Chrono
    And this is the reason I wanted to rec a couple mangas.
    OMG...beautiful hot art, hot steamy vampire art...that are so very gay for each other.

Summary: Vasslaord has a cute storyline. Charley, an agent of the Vatican(what the hell is with japanese people and the Vatican!?) who does all their dirty work, is a cyborg vampire. Yeah, you heard my right. He's also the thrall and enticement of the local playboy vampire Johnny Rayflo, his master and friend(?). As the two vampires fight crime and all that bad supernatural stuff together their relationship bends and hilarity ensues, along with a lot of steamy suggestive moments. Charley can't resist blood forever...and Johnny can't resist Cherry, er, Charley. XD
    Rating: Older Teen 16+
  6. WolfsRain
    WolfsRain
    Sunshine - Robin McKinley

I suck at summaries, so I'm not going to write one, but here's a link to an excerpt from the book:

Robin McKinley <~clicky

I've seen this book being compared to Twighlight, and, in my opinion, that was a huge insult to this awesome book. For one thing, the heroine actually does stuff, instead of waiting for her boy toy to come rescue her.
  7. morpheussandman
    morpheussandman
    hi and thanks for welcoming me to this group my names jacob (arg i hate twilight for ruining my name) and now i have a book to recomend

Name:Let The Right One In
    Author:John Ajvide Lindqvist
    Summary:This book was writen in 2004 in swedish and then translated into english in 2007. The story follows 12 year old Oskar who is shunned and bullied at his school dreams about his father who he doesn't know and is bored of his life in a boring town then Eli moves in next door as a romance blossoms between them he discovers her dark secret she is a 200 year old vampire forever frozen in childhood and condemned to live on a diet of fresh blood. It has been made into a movie which is in swedish which came out in 2009 i have included a wiki page for the book which contains little or no real spoilers Let the Right One In - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i hope that i am accepted into this group with open arms
  8. Hayato1
    Hayato1
    @morpheussandman: I've just bought that book and have been wanting to read it (stupid reading assignments >.>)

Book:
    The Vampire's Seduction by Raven Hart
    Summary: William is an ancient vampire living in Savannah as one of the city's most prominent citizens. His sidekick is Jack, once a Civil War soldier and now William's vampire companion. Their lives are pretty much carefree until an ancient enemy returns from William's past; Reedrek, the vampire that created him. But William has his own arsenal for such a fight, including voodoo. It's a romance novel, but a friend recommended it to me and I quite enjoy it.
  9. KyuubiBear
    KyuubiBear
    Uhm uhm uhm... are there any gay BL vampire books out there....? I mean.. just curious... =>_>=
  10. Vrangbord
    Vrangbord
    This is brilliant! I've been wondering since I finished the Vampire Chronicles where I should start looking for other good vampire books, but without much luck. Until now! Made my day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast