aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

The Book List

1. morpheussandman
    @KyuubiBear the one i recomended has a bit of gay stuff in it but i cant reveal any more without ruining the story
  2. satinangel
    satinangel
    Dracula and the Vampire Chronicles are obvious 2 of the top choices in recommendations. Lost Souls and The Vampire Taperstry are also excellant vampire novels to check out.

I highly recommend Carmilla. It's the story that inspired Stoker to write Dracula. Plus if you're into lesbian vampires then this is the vampire story for you.
  3. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Hello everyone! I'm going to kick this off by starting with a whole bunch of vamp recommendations for you! I love my vamps

For Books:

Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris, or HBO’s adaptation, True Blood
    Genre: horror/supernatural/romance Summary: The books are about a telepathic barmaid from Louisiana who is twenty-five years old. At the start of the first book, the small town of Bon Temps, LA finally experiences their first vampire named Bill Compton, and to Sookie’s surprise, she realizes unlike all other humans, she cannot hear his thoughts.
    Sound vaguely familiar (i.e., Edward can’t hear Bella’s thoughts in Twilight). Well, sorry to disappoint you Stephenie Meyer, but Charlaine Harris published the first book of the series, Dead Until Dark, first in 2001. Meyer’s book was finished by 2003 but not published till 2005.
    The first 8 books of the series can be purchased on amazon.comor at other book stores.
    Rating: Adult 18+ It’s been awhile since I’ve read this series, but I do remember there are some pretty steamy scenes and a lot of them if I remember correctly. The books are an easy and fast read, so if you are looking for something to engross your time with, these books probably aren’t the ones for you. Even though there are 11 of them, you will read through them fast.

Kim Harrison’s The Hollows series, or also known as the Rachel Morgan Series
    Genre: Horror/supernatural/romance
    Summary: I always have a hard time describing this series. Basically, this series takes place in a sort of alternate world where witches, demons, vamps, even pixies are the norm. Rachel Morgan is a witch, her two roommates are a living vampire and a pixy, and not to mention, the vamp, Ivy, wants Rachel and her to be more than just partners. On top of all that, Rachel can never seem to keep herself out of trouble whether it is just with local authorities, vampires, demons, or guy trouble.
    There have been nine books so far. The first book is titled, “Dead Witch Walking.”
    Rating: Adult 18+ Yes, there are some yummy, steamy scenes in this series too. Oh god, I wanna go reread that scene again! Geez, I love this series! Okay, okay, so I won’t give anything away I swear….I just wanna say one word….Al. Okay that’s it. Ah, yup. That about sums up the whole freaking series. You just gotta read it!!!! Like five stars all around!

P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast The House of Night Series
    Genre: Horror/romance/supernatural
    Summary: The series follows Zoey Redbird, a 16 year-old, who suddenly one day at school gets a crescent moon shape on her forehead. She has been marked to become a vampire. Her only options to go to the House of Night and be with the adult vampires to train her as a fledgling vampire or stay as she is and die. She decides to go to the House of Night.
    There have been eight books released so far, but the ninth will be released in October. The first book is called, “Marked,” and I believe you can buy the first four books in a package deal on amazon.com or at any book store.
    Rating: Young adult 13+ These books were controversial, I guess. Or that’s what I read in some of the forums anyway. Keep in mind that these books ARE geared for teens and an audience similar to that of Twilight fans. The books are NOTHING like Stephenie Meyer’s books. LOL. There is a very steamy scene and it does not cut to a blank page like Stephenie did. I am on book 7 and the plot has significantly slowed down. I was disappointed, but I am still a fan and will keep reading to see what will happen in the next two books.

Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson Series
    Genre: Supernatural/romance
    Summary: Mercy, a young auto-mechanic, lives next door to the local alpha of a young werewolf pack. She has tried avoiding contact with the alpha, Adam, at all costs because the last thing she wants is to be involved in pack business. But somehow, she finds herself caught up in Adam’s trouble when she learns Adam’s daughter has been kidnapped.
    Rating: Young Adult 13+ The only reason I might consider rating the books higher is because the language/dialogue might be harder for younger audiences? I guess it depends on the teenager and how long they’ve been reading. By age 13, I was reading Stephen King and Anne Rice…so I think these books would be fine. Sometimes, though, even for me I get a little lost in her wording. But there are only some steamy/mild scenes. Six books so far and the second book is that involves the vampires. The rest of the series mostly revolves around the weres or shifters. But a good read nonetheless.

The Strain Trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
    First book titled “The Strain”Second book “The Fall”
    Summary: The Strain
    Genre: Horror/Dark/Supernatural
    Rating: Adult 18+ This is the type of book you DON’T read at night. This is the TRUE definition of vampire. When the word “vampire” originated, it struck fear into people’s hearts. This book is the definition of why you should fear vampires. Read at your own risk

Last on my book list is the Vampire Diaries series. It also was adapted into a TV show on the CW.
    The books are titled “The Awakening,” “The Struggle,” “The Fury,” and “Dark Reunion.”
    Summary: I’m not really recommending the books. They were something I read in middle school and though, they were great back then, when I reread them when the show came on, they were not as great as I once thought. So, I’m actually recommending the TV show over the books. Ah! I never do that! But in all honesty, even when I read the books back in middle school I remembered thinking I hated the way the author ended the book. So, I’m hoping the series will continue for awhile and if it should ever end *hope not* then it should end in a much better way. Plus, I get to stare at some delicious eye candy while watching this show!

One more vampire TV Series I’d recommend: Moonlight
    This series has been cancelled a long time ago and only ran for one season but it is worth it just to buy this one season.
    Summary: I’m tired of writing summaries. It’s good, though, and has a really cute romance in it.
    Rating: Young adult 13+ The show is pretty gory and violent, but I think teens are used to that kind of thing. I think the show originally premiered on Syfy, but I can’t be sure.
  4. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Oops, who knew there was a text limit. Sorry. I guess technically I'm double posting but hopefully you all will forgive me

Here are my vamp anime recs:
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    Summary: I’m not gonna write a summary for anime section. I’ll just link to it.
    Genre: Ecchi/Supernatural/horror
    Rating: Adult 18+ In the actual anime, there is only a little ecchi action between the vampire Queen, Mina, and Akira. But there is more in the actually manga. Still, the concept of a vampire and a werewolf loving one another is a nice tale of forbidden love, and I’ve always liked those stories.

Vampire Knight
    Summary:
    VK mangaVK anime summary You can watch VK episodes at animecrazy.com.
    Rating: Young adult 13+ I’m obsessed with this series/manga. I watched the anime first and then had to read the entire manga. So, I’m linking to both here. I just find Hino Matsuri’s work so original and creative. It’s amazing the stuff she thinks up.

This is also a vampire manga
    Orange Marmalade by Seok Woo (Not complete)
    Summary:
    Orange Marmalade
    Genre: Web comic/shoujo/romance
    Rating: Young adult 13+ I really love this manga. It’s like a love-hate relationship. Like both of them are drawn to each other but they don’t want to admit it. It’s really such a cute romance. Just read it!

Yaoi or BL vampires:

I scratched my head for a while, and I only came up with a few.

Not sure if anyone said this for sure but, “The Vampire Armand” does have a few guy-on-guy or vamp-on-vamp scenes, if I remember correctly. It has been a LONG time since I’ve read all of Anne Rice’s books.

The HBO True Blood series has a gay couple in the show. Layfette and Jesus. And every once in a while, the producers of the show throw in a gay dream sequence scene for fanservice

Laurell K. Hamilton’s books have a little bit of boy on boy action. Although, the main character Anita Blake is usually in the middle as well. Still, there are also scenes involving one of the male strippers, and that scene alone is worth the read. Wait, I think there are many scenes with several male strippers. Ah, her books are full of sex and men.

BL manga
    Nekrateholic by Wasabi Maguro
    Summary: Of
    Nekrateholic
    Genre: Yaoi
    Rating: 18+ What else needs to be said? Vamps and boy on boy action. Yum

Shinpu wa Yoru no Hanayome by Asuma Risai
    Shinpu
    Genre: Yaoi
    Rating: 18+ Priest meets vampire.

Kyuuketsuki no Shouzou by Kusumoto Hiroki
    Kyuuketsuki
    Genre: Yaoi, shounen ai
    Rating: 18+ Painter meets vampire. Love stories ensues. Right?

Geez, I'm exhausted. Okay, I think that's all I can think of for now. If you all can think of anymore, please add more! I'd love to hear 'em
  5. Vixcenn
    Vixcenn
    I recommend Rust Blaster by Yana Toboso (author of Kuroshitsuji)
    -it's 1 volume manga about vampires who go to school (like VK), and each vampire families have their own personal 'vampire weapon'. Suddenly they have a mysterious human transfer student....

The Vampire Chronicles, I've only read up to The Vampire Lestat. which is really hot. I'm at the beginning of the Queen of the Damned.
    so far TVC gives me more turn on than Twilight series (i actually tried reading it but dropped after Bella said she dreamt about Edward -_- )

and yea I do recommend The Saga of Darren Shan. The author may have a simple way of writing but his suspense is just... wow!
    Don't forget the spin off series The Sgaa of Larten Crepsley. It's about Darren's mentor's childhood. However I'm quite disappointed with the 1st book (cos it sounds more like a fanfic) so I'm not sure if i wanna read the 2nd one.

Tried to watch VK but it's more or less another Twilight, dropped it. Vassalord is awesome.
  6. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    @Rubah9: I agree VK isn't for everyone, but I did read all of the Twilight books and watched all of the horrible movies so far, so please don't compare the two. Cuz Twilight is much, much worse All I can say is that at least VK has actual VAMPIRES in the VAMPIRE series...ya know, the ones with fangs that bite and drink your blood
    Okay, so I'm fond of the sarcasm
    Anyway, you are right in the regards that VK is shoujo and also involves romance and a love triangle. I do find myself a bit annoyed by the main girl Yuuki at times, but the guy vampires are yummy and I'm a sucker for nicely drawn eye candy

And here is the best part: Lots and lots of spinoff fanfics from VK. Of course, you have to like the two main guys as much as I do because that's usually what the fanfics are about.

Okay, sorry, I rambled on about VK.

But I did come on here for one more rec:

It's a yaoi manhwa:

Sweet Blood by Kim Se-Young (Four English chapters so far)
    Genre: supernatural/Yaoi
    Summary: Sweet Blood raws and summary and English chapters 1-4 on mangafox.
    Rating: Not much has happened in the chapters so far, so I'm not sure how to rate this. It looks like there might be a love triangle. I like the drawings of Se-Young, and I'm also predicting a bit of a struggle between the two main characters like a love-hate relationship. It's been interesting so far, and I wish more chapters were out already.
  7. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    More recs:

Noblesse
    Genre: Web comic, action, supernatural, comedy
    After 820 years, a vampire with a really long name aka Rai awakens to the 21 century. He finds himself in unfamiliar territory and ends up in high school.
    Rating: + 13 (Mild violence)
    So far, I've only read to chapter 24. If you are looking for your typical vampire romance, this one isn't it. Still, the main vampire is typically gorgeous, and lots of danger seems to follow him around. Starts out a bit slow, but the characters make it interesting nonetheless.

Sfumare
    Genre: Web comic, supernatural, romance
    It's about a place where humans know that vampires exist and humans have created "blood ample" to inject into vampires in order to weaken them, so that humans and vampires could coexist. The story is about a girl, Hodu Min, who wants to attend a certain high school where vampires attend only because the entrance fee is exempt. The vampires may have been weakened by the ample, but they still have a lot of money.
    Rating: Teen
    I've read to chapter 20. I'm not sure what is going on with this comic, I don't read Korean. If you click on the link to the Naver site, it leads you to something about a blog. I'm thinking it is on hiatus or something, which is too bad because I liked the plot. It seemed promising.

Crepuscule (Yamchi)
    Genre: Web comic, supernatural, romance, school life
    People who have red eyes are outcasts or monsters in this world. In the past, people have viewed them as demons or vampires. A young boy named Lark has always been bullied by his peers because of his red eyes. He has lost all hope until he meets another boy just like him with the same red eyes named Setz.
    Rating: + 13
    It is only up to Chapter 23. I really love this comic. It starts out a bit slow, and I've read the other one by Muchi that went up to 30 chapters but was cancelled. It's already very different from that one, but I'm really glad they decided to do it again. I always thought it was a very unique and original story.

Nowhere Boy
    Genre: Comedy, action, school life, fantasy, Web comic
    Okay, so this is technically a silly recommendation, but I really love this Web comic too. It does have a really good-looking vampire chick in it, but she isn't the main character, so that counts, right? Well, the main guy is the world's most unhappiest person in the world, and as the winner, he gets one wish from God. So, he wishes for the end of the Earth. God says, "Okay, but on one condition. The winner will have 100 days to change his mind, if he so chooses." And so begins the countdown.
    Rating: Teen
    Man, this comic has lots of humor, great characters, and a wonderful plot. I can't get enough of it. No, it's not really horror and doesn't really have a vampire biting people, but it is worth checking out. You will see what I mean when you get to Chapter 2, I think, and read about the apostles, lol.

Blood Lad
    Genre: ecchi, action, supernatural, romance, comedy
    The story is about Staz, a vampire boss in the underworld, and how one day a human girl lands in his territory. Staz, who rarely comes across humans, jumps at the chance to meet her. But his territory is suddenly attacked and while he is gone, Fuyumi, the girl is killed by one of the monsters and becomes a wandering ghost. Staz vows to bring her back to life.
    Rating: 16+ (Moderate)
    This manga has it all. Werewolves, ghosts, vampires, demons, and even zombies. There is lots of action, some romance, although it hasn't developed much yet, and nice character development.

Enjoy
  8. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Okay, so I found a link.
    The mother of all links.
    Vampire Book Lists and Guide | The Vampire Library

You can search by key words, genres, titles, or using the tabs at the top, you can search to see if the book was in a series/novel/anthology/or non-fiction category. The site lists 1,530 vampire books and counting.

Anyway, it's worth checking out
  9. Vixcenn
    Vixcenn
    There's a brand new vampire yaoi manga called Kohitsuji Project
    summary: Kohitsuji Project is about a boy being accepted into a prestigeous school not knowing he is the "sheep" that is meant to let the vampires learn that humans are not to be treated like food! This is another story about vampires going to high school, only with a dumb helpless uke human is now in the possession of the violent seme vampire.

Personally, I don't like it much. It reminds me of Vampire Knight + HanaKimi somehow, and I don't really get why (a lot of) vampires need to go to school to be taught to coexist with humans. It's not like we get to see what they learn in classes either. I'm sure it's gonna be another typical high school romance only with students who lust for blood. The seme-uke pair is rather typical as well.
  10. mimithenumberon
    mimithenumberon
    unfortunately i don't have any new suggestions. i just wanted to say what a good idea this was though, and it made me pursue some excellent reading choices! Wonderful work! thank you very much! XP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12