aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Anne Rice's opinion on Twilight series

1. Vixcenn
    Vixcenn
    inb4 slowpoke

video was uploaded a year ago. I've got a funny feeling that she's being sarcastic but polite.

thoughts?
  2. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Haha. This was great. Thanks for sharing. I think Stephen King had an even better opinion. He said something like, 'stephenie meyer couldn't write worth a darn,' lol. I guess he later retracted this statement because it caused a huge uproar with the Twi-fans, but Stephen's apology wasn't really sincere.

I think Anne probably does respect Stephenie for what she was trying to accomplish, and she probably has respect for her as a fellow author simply for the fact that, regardless of what crap Stephenie published, she got millions of young readers to actually pick up a book.

However, I think it is obvious that Anne does think Stephenie's content of the Twilight series is just that...crap. Although, she does not actually say it. She has much more tact than that. She simply states, "That's not how I would do it."

I like the part where she says, there's no way she'd put her vamps in a high school setting. Yeah, I never really envisioned ancient immortals wanting to play nice with high schoolers, but then again, I always thought the SUN would be a huge issue, ya know like burning to death in Anne Rice's novels. Oh, right, in Twilight, they are just conveniently sick at least a third of the school year to avoid sparkling in the sunlight. Right, right. *rolls eyes*
  3. Vixcenn
    Vixcenn
    Well she's got a point when she said the idea of putting an immortal stuck in a high school is SILLY. I mean, look at Gabriel, she travelled the world or something. Unless the Cullens have something to protect in that town, it IS weird that they're like forever in high school. They must've transferred here and there a lot. What a pain.

just a thought; if Lestat were to be a sparkly vamp, I'm sure he'd literally break the rules and expose the fact that vamps can sparkle (as he did in The Vampire Lestat) LIKE A BOSS!
  4. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    @Vivxcenn
    Haha. Yeah, it's been a while since I read The Vampire Chronicles, but I can totally picture Lestat doing that. Was it The Vampire Lestat that he was the rockstar in? I can't remember. But I totally picture him waiting until he makes it BIG as a rockstar, and then throwing a concert during the daytime just to reveal himself all sparkly, LOL.
    There is a reason Anne Rice would NEVER, in her right mind, make her vamps sparkly. It just sounds ridiculous. Vamps don't sparkle. They are creatures of the night.