aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Werewolves Links

1. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Well, it's pretty common when you watch or read a vampire movie/series, you generally get all sorts of supernatural creatures mixed in as well. And the most common of those creatures is the werewolf. I'd say the werewolf tends to be portrayed as either the natural enemy of the vampire or as the protector of the vampire since they can walk out in the daylight and be like their watch dogs Either way, the werewolf has been portrayed in many films with or without vamps. I'll list some links for you all

Welcome to the World of Werewolves

Movies:

Underworld the Series
    It is about a young female vampire and her clan. They are at war with the lycans or werewolves.
    I think you can see a preview for the upcoming 4th movie coming soon
    here. But it was the Underworld Rise of the Lycansthat probably had the most action and back story about the werewolves in it. I enjoyed it, but I guess it didn't get great reviews.

Van Helsing (The Movie)
    Well, I think you all know what this one is basically about. Van is a hunter and is out to stop Dracula from hatching all of his children. But Dracula has a few tricks up his sleeve and can control werewolves, if I remember correctly. Ah, it's been a really long time since I saw this one. I didn't like it, but hey, it does have weres in it.

The Wolfman
    The Movie (2010) is about a young man who comes home because of recent deaths in his hometown. He investigates only to get bitten by the beast himself. I'll warn you this movie was fairly graphic and bloody. So there you've been warned

Blood and Chocolate
    The Movie (2007) is about forbidden love between a young girl with a terrible family secret and the young man she happens to meet and fall in love with.
    Blood and Chocolate the Novel by Annette Curtis Klause

Wolf with Jack Nicholson 1994
    A man accidentally hits something in the road one night. It appeared to be a large dog, but when he tries to help it, the dog bites him. From then on, the man (Jack Nicholson) starts to notice changes within himself.

TV Series:

The NewTeen Wolf Series on MTV
    I have not seen it because I totally missed its premiere. I will have to watch the episodes online when I have the time

Angel TV series
    Only a few episodes in Season 5 feature werewolves, but if you are going off the vampire theme, Angel is, of course, a vampire I forgot about this one.

Supernatural the TV series on CW
    I can’t be positive because I do not watch this show, but I think there might only be one episode that featured a werewolf. There might also be some episodes involving vampires, but I can’t be sure on this as I’ve only tuned it to the show every now and again.

Being Human on Syfy
    There are three main characters: one vampire, one ghost and one werewolf.

Sanctuary on Syfy
    I also have not watched this show, but from what I know, the show centers around supernatural creatures, and the sanctuary is a safe haven for those creatures. I’m assuming some of those creatures are werewolves or have been in some of the episodes.

The X-Files TV series
    It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the X-Files (the 90s) but I researched this one and found that there are two episodes in the whole series that involve werewolves One episode in the first season and one episode in the seventh season.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer the TV series
    I know that I watched all of this series and that there were several episodes with a werewolf, but I can’t for the life of me remember which seasons or episodes. I looked it up and this is what I found. One episode in Season 2, one episode in Season 3, and three Episodes in season 4.

2. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Ah, I did it again. Sorry for the double post!

Anime:

Spice and Wolf
    Season 1
    Well, I guess this one is more about a Wolf God or was she a Fox God? It's been a long time since I watched it. Or read the manga And watch Spice and Wolf Season 2

Shikithe manga
    Anime:Vampires and Werewolves
    One of the most interesting animes that I've seen in a long time. Though, I wish it hadn't ended so suddenly. I wish it would've kept going or will come back for a second season *crosses fingers* Either way, it is worth watching. Be warned this anime is not for the weal-stomached: badgrin:

Wolfs Rain
    Or Buy the collectionif you already liked it

Manga:

Blood Lad
    Genre: Ecchi, Romance, Supernatural, Werewolves, Vamps
    I have read this one up to chapter 13 and I really enjoyed it. I makes you laugh, and I'm interested in seeing how the main characters develop. The werewolf (best friend) happens in chapter 5, I believe, and continues throughout

Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou
    Genre: Werewolves, smut
    This series is about a young girl who is saved from a drunkard by a wolf.
    Zoku - Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou
    Prequel to Kindan no Koi de Ikou
    Kindan no Koi de Ikou
    Second part to the series

Wolf Guy - Ookami no Monshou
    Genre: Werewolves/supernatural, mature, adult
    Ongoing series...I don't even know how to describe this series, but it is intense. It is graphic at times, but I really do enjoy the drawings and the relationship between teacher and student

Lycanthrope LeoI didn't read this one. Just thought it also looked interesting. *Shrugs*

Alpha Luna I don't know where I found this, but I thought it was really interesting. It's a comic-manga about a young 19 year-old girl named Luna who has just discovered she's a werewolf and apparently the descendant of a lost clan of lycans.

BL Manga:

Tsuki ni Hoero
    Genre: Yaoi, Werewolves
    Only up to Chapter 3

Three WolvesMountain
    Genre: Yaoi, werewolves, fantasy

Atsumare! Gakuen Tengoku
    Genre: Shounen-ai, werewolves, vampires, Twins, Fantasy

Tou no Kemono
    Genre: Historical, Drama Shounen-ai, werewolves/supernatural
    Complete

Other:
    Werewolf: The Forsaken
    An RPG game. I've never played but it definitely looks interesting.

The Sims 2: Pets
    Okay, I just thought this was hilarious.

This is the only book series that I know based solely on werewolves:
    The Alpha and Omega Series
    by Patricia Briggs
    The first novel is called Alpha and Omega, which was published in On the Prowl anthology. It was only a short story though, and is incredibly hard to find. So technically, the first book of the series is called Cry Wolf, the second book is called Hunting Ground, and the third is called Fair Game.

Brief Summary: Anna survived a werewolf attack and became one herself. She was always at the bottom of her pack until Charles Cornick, the enforcer and son of the leader of the North American werewolves, showed up in her life. Charles insisted that she was not only his mate, but that she was a rare and valued Omega wolf.
    Genre: Supernatural, werewolves, Romance
    Rating: Teen 13+ I really do enjoy Brigg's writing. I love her Mercy Thompson series (also involves weres), but I enjoyed this series just as much. Both series are linked together with the weres clans, so if you enjoyed one series you will like the other.

Okay, and that's it. I'm exhausted *phew*