aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

We have Sakura-con but I need something more

1. minervahana
    minervahana
    Just a little rant. I love attending Sakura-con! Wonderful and I have a great time. I don't cosplay but just seeing what is new and meeting everyone is great! But dang it I wish there were a few yaoi related events. Heck I would even help to organize one but yaoi seems like it's almost underground in seattle. You find people that like it but.....where do you go to hang out with others of like minds? If anyone knows of any groups in the state let me know I would love to meet more fans!!

xoxox
    Minerva
  2. Miyosha
    Miyosha
    Maybe assembling monthly meetings would get something started xD

Starting something like Yaoi Con is so hard D: But there is a possibility of getting something together for yaoi at Aki Con or SakuraCon. I would imagine a lot of people will participate inside those two conventions.
  3. minervahana
    minervahana
    Not a bad I idea, I already have a bimonthly meeting for another interest group. Hmmm, I'll have to work out a couple of ideas on venue's but it would be nice to see what can be drummed up from other fans. Thanks Miyosha! *huge hugs* I'll through up an update once I have a few things worked out. If anyone has organized yaoi meetings/events any input would be WONDERFUL!
  4. aoigensou
    aoigensou
    I've actually long considered the feasibility of starting like a "yaoi-con north" in the area. I mean it would take a lot of planning and the help of a lot of people and... well... some startup revenue, but I just keep thinking about how it would be fun to have an event like that locally.
  5. Aozi
    Aozi
    I'd so help. I used to do info booth for Sakura con from 2002 to 2006.

...then I had to grow up and got out of the anime convention circuit for two years. But you know what? Being an adult sucks and I desperately miss my hobbies, yaoi being one of them. I wish there was more people I can get together with...on weekdays! Because I suck and I work the weekends in the graveyard shift..
  6. aoigensou
    aoigensou
    *hugs Aozi* I've always wanted to help out at Sakura-con but I somehow never had the time. I have a friend that is buddies with the board people and does security, and lets me know all the inside secrets and dirty goings-on XD It's pretty nice having an insider friend!

But yeah, it's really hard finding time/people to hang out with who share your same hobbies and interests. Pretty much all the friends I have are not into yaoi or are way against it. But if I could help organize an event like this, I'm hoping I'd make a lot of friends with similar tastes!
  7. Berylcrazy
    Berylcrazy
    Maybe we all could start something? like a "underground" yaoi sociaty? hehe im not good at starting anything
  8. minervahana
    minervahana
    I'm actually thinking it would be worth the effort to see if we can get one going. Though the first one would probably be in 2011 just because this years almost up. I do event planning so who knows if anyone is willing to help out we can see what we come up with.
  9. aoigensou
    aoigensou
    I'm definitely willing to help out with planning! Although, would this end up being a sort of "family friendly" thing, or an 18+ event because of the subject matter involved? I ask because Sakura-con and Aki-con have started to go a little overboard with the obsession with family friendly-ness and it's hurting them.
  10. minervahana
    minervahana
    I would be hard pressed to keep it absolutely family friendly and I know what you mean about reducing the popularity when Sakura Con leaned towards the conservative side. I am open to any suggestions really but in my view it would be hard not to keep this towards the 18+ side.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast