aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

General Discussion

1. REM and the IRS
    REM and the IRS
    Cool. I added a few random pics from various places around the interwebs. Hope ya'll like. there will be more to come... probably.

So, yaoifanboy, whats your poison?
  2. vizard light
    vizard light
    I asked coz I have venom set made people here don't like him...my poor venom*pats venom...it's ok I'll find you an owner*
  3. sio chan
    sio chan
    Squee I love the pictures
  4. sio chan
    sio chan
    *just an aside vizard light your ava is adorable!!* So I say WATCHMEN today, and for all it will never match up to the comic and it left our a lot of the story line/ characters and plot it was still FANTASTIC and is a fairly faithfull adaptation of what is possibly the greatest comic ever it was gory and brutal and cruel and twisted and just full of humanities flaws and its beauties and just perfect
  5. tightgrip
    tightgrip
    I like Frank Miller's Daredevil, Yann's Pin Up, and Pia Guerra's Y the last man.
    The latter will have its theatre release probably next year or so, but the plotline and characters are so interesting I doubt this adaptation will do it justice... *shakes head*
  6. sio chan
    sio chan
    Hello tightgrip I would agree that the film adapdations of comics/ graphics arent ever nearly as good because lets face it, a film can very rarely if ever match up to the complexities of the written story I've never read Pin Up but I have read Y I didnt know that was being traslated into film I saw the posters for Xmen Origins of Wolverine I wasnt sure if it was going to follow the graphic run or just going to be a continuation of the Hugh Jackman worship that happened in the X men films hmm Daredevil is another good marvel character but the film! OMG the film was awfull >.> what they did to Electra the only thing I actually liked in that film was bullseye (which may be because it was Colin Farrel but we can come back to that :P)
  7. Hatshepsut
    Hatshepsut
    Oh hai.

So I'm pretty much strictly DC. A DC fangirl. So it's not hard to imagine how much I love Batman. <3 I don't know where I would be without this series.... I don't like Superman much though. <<; He's just too.... Superman-y for my tastes. If one were to tone it down a bit, I don't think I'd mind SupermanxBatman!

I also love The Flash [Wally West] and Green Lantern [Kyle Rayner]. They also happen to be my favorite comic pairing. FlashxGreen Lantern FTW.

Oh and of course Watchmen! I haven't seen the movie yet though; I wanted to reread the comics before I went to see it, and I had a test yesterday so I figured I should study for that instead.

Aaand of course some of the Justice League comics, though it can kind of get annoying after a while!

For the cartoon adaptations, I loved Batman: TAS and Batman Beyond [vol. one of TAS and the complete series of BB are sitting next to me as I type this... my babies <3].

I will say this though, MARVEL did a fantastic job of Iron Man --> the big screen.
  8. REM and the IRS
    REM and the IRS
    Hello and welcome to our new members tightgrip and Hatshepsut!

To tightgrip: I've heard that Y the Last Man is good, but I haven't read it yet... though I might have to before the movie comes out, 'cause you're right, movies don't usually do comics justice.

To sio chan: I agree with you completely. I'm kinda scared about the new wolverine movie....

To Hatshepsut: Another WallyxKyle fangirl! Yay! And you're right, Superman is a huge goody-two-shoes, and I tend to avoid his solo comics. He's just... to nice. I feel my brain would overload if I read him without Batman to darken things up a bit. C:

Hmm.. there seems to be alot of talk of movies here. Would anyone mind if we started a thread for the movie-verses?
  9. yaoifanboy17
    yaoifanboy17
    Hmm, my poison, well I'll haveto think about that, make sure you guys get a full list
  10. sio chan
    sio chan
    So I've been rereading a lot of my Alan Moore written comics and I just can get over how good they are has any one read the Swamp Thing story Arc written by Alan Moore? Swamp Thing was never really a popular character for me but I'm really tempted to try and read it I'm all swept up with Moore enthusiasm
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast