aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Texas Anime Conventions

1. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    Just thought I'd make this thread, since the group kinda died.

We all know Texas has anime conventions, some big, some small. Why don't we share our experiences?

My first one was Ikki-Con in Austin. I believe it was about 2007? A couple years ago. A few other friends of mine got up supremely early and drove up there for the Saturday. (I live in 'Saint Town', btw).

It started off, well... My friends will never let me live it down and will forever hold a grudge over it.

We were one of the first in line and it was cool and all that. Only I didn't have any cash on me, so, believing that the hotel ATM would be working I went to it...only to realize it was out of order. The only ATM in the whole freakin' hotel...

So...being the good friends that they were, they decided to accompany me in search of a working ATM. I don't know how far we ended up walking...but we passed a few motels...all of whose ATMs weren't working. WTF?!!!

So, unwilling to give up the nice parking spot we had found, we ended up walking the rest of the way to a convenience store so far down the road from the Hotel. It had a working ATM, but the glares they were giving me on our way back...and they let me walk by myself for a bit, because lo and behold the nice short line it had started out as was now out the door.

It was a good twenty minute walk back...and like 40 to get to the store, because of all the stopping we did. Omfg, I felt so bad...

But the rest of the day was stellar... It was just that one thing...
  2. Satomichan
    Satomichan
    I have never been to an Anime con. I wanted to go to A-Kon but didn't want to go by myself.

That is a story you will be reminded of a lot I am sure. lol

Coming in January is Chibi Ushicon in Round Rock. It is limited to 500 guests, so not sure if I can go, but thinking about it.

*isn't a born and raised Texan, doesn't know 'Saint Town'*
  3. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    Saint Town is San Antonio, which is the Spanish for Saint Anthony. You have H-Town for Houston, Saint Town for San Antone. Various nicknames for others...

I hardly ever refer to San Antonio as it's proper name in here for some reason. It's either Saint Town, Countdown City, Alamo City, River City...etc...sorry for the confusion.
  4. Satomichan
    Satomichan
    *is easily confused* lol, I know Alamo City and River City and San Antone, just never heard the others. I guess I am not all in the know yet. I end up down there about once a month or so, but I don't really interact with many folks there so I don't hear it.

Trying to stay in theme here. Are there any conventions anyone is planning to attend soon?
  5. SilverRoseDragon
    SilverRoseDragon
    i missed both cons this year, a-kon and animefest b/c my b/f had to work but chibi ushicon sounds interesting, i'm a big chibi fan
  6. saiailynn
    saiailynn
    I've never been to a con but hopfully i get up the courage to go sonn.
  7. SilverRoseDragon
    SilverRoseDragon
    have you guys heard about this new thing called Funimation at the movies?
    it's every 2nd tuesday at the studio movie grill in addison(dallas)
  8. Satomichan
    Satomichan
    Never heard of it, but alas, it would take me 4 hours to get there, unless I happen to be in that area visiting someone. What is it?
  9. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    SAN JAPAN WAS OFF THE CHAIN~!!! AND YES, I'M EXCITED ENOUGH TO REP IT~!!!

Seriously, it was fun~! And it's GROWING~! San Japan :3 = 5,049 final count. Oh, yessss....
  10. Satomichan
    Satomichan
    I didn't know about it otherwise I might have checked it out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast