aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Character Help

1. katanalover
    katanalover
    I never thought of doing that.
    mmmmm... i think i should try the different situations out.
    and that sentence made perfect sense, i've had a lot of situations like that because of how i write, normally ticks me off, but sometimes other scenes come from that, and most often it's with completely different characters which in turn work out pretty well... it's an odd process for me
    I should also give the whole start-middle-end thing a go again, maybe my writers block will go away...

anyway thanx for the advice
  2. Yaoimaniac92
    Yaoimaniac92
    Most of the characters I come up with are from dreams I've had in the recent or distant past. They feel so real it's like I'm writing about a real person. I'd take what I know from the dream and add on from there. For instance I had a dream about a boy who was troubled and forlorn. He had DID (Dissociate Identity Disorder) and was the victim of rape. All this I knew already and then I added on.
    Think of it as a human body for ex. The bones hold the the body together just like traits hold a person's sense of self. Character's have physical appearances and mental appearances as well. In order to fully understand a character one has to do some homework. Where do you want your character to come from, how do you want them to react (communicate) to your other character's. A time-line of their life is good as well (for instance: childhood past). When you get down to it. It can be very fun and enjoyable.
    *Sorry for any possible grammar/spelling errors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12