aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Writing Help

1. suetlana
    suetlana
    Hi! First time showing myself in this group^^. Ferus, thanks for the site and for your idea, I think that's a great idea! English is my second language and I know everyone must have notice how bad I am with the language LOL, but still I prefer writing in English rather than mother tongue, Malay because it sounded really strange especially when writing erotic parts -___-". I wonder why ^^;;.
  2. Tsuneko
    Tsuneko
    @Ferus : Thanks for the link !
    The sad thing is that i LIVE surrounded by english speakers. 80% of what I say/write is in english - so badly that I have had a great difficulty with my own mother langage and had to start re reading books in frecnh to make sense again I also think to myself in english, and hell i even talk to my cats in english !!! Curiouslly they are more receptive to it than french ! Like me, you probably are far away from the time you used to translate things in your mind before saying it, it just comes out like that ? I came to a point where i would contruct my sentences as if english but infrench and I was hard to understand sometimes to my fellow french friends because i no longer made sense. But to write a fiction sometimes a "sementic" dic would be a great use and i son't think those ever exist :/ thesaurus.com and dictionary.com are definatly a gret help and sometimes, their hinted link on the right helps, even if for example it takes you to a medical website onto "the signs of anxiety" ( to stick to my original example ) it still is somewhat help.

@ cybergoth : Thanks for your support to us ! I'm happy to know some actually care. A lot of people i know do not correct my english mistakes because they think it's cute. That doesn't help me at all. So I never know But if you're happy to help then i would love to come inquire my lacks to you if you are open for it

@suetlana : there a humorist here that has a stand up comedy show about how english always sounds better. He actually litterally translated songs from english to french and sang them on the same tune and it sound crap So I gues ... it sounds better in english after all
  3. cybergoth
    cybergoth
    @ Tsuneko: Any time hon, more than happy to help out anyone who genuinely wants to learn
  4. HimePanda
    HimePanda
    Hello, I just join and I have a bit of a question

I'm woking on story now and I'm having some issues with the names. I have this theme of purity and sin going on so I want my characters to share that them. One of the main characters has his name pick out (it's an angel's name I know so out of the box....) but the other guy I can't think of one. My friend gave me a suggest, but it doesn't feel right to me at times.

So any idea, it has to go with the the sin them...something kinda evil. Or even a site where I can find names would be nice.

Thank you all.
  5. orangewillow
    orangewillow
    www.babynames.com is always a good site for me. If you are looking for a site with demon names, there is this one: http://www.angelsghosts.com/underworld_demons.html (But googling works well too, there are tons! )
  6. Tsuneko
    Tsuneko
    For japanese names i found THIS LINK quite handy too !

@cybergoth : thank you !!
  7. HimePanda
    HimePanda
    @orangewillow: Thank you for the sites. I demon one was very useful. I will also try google when I have some more free time.

@Tsuneko: Thank you for th link. I will mostl likely be using that in the future.
  8. Tsuneko
    Tsuneko
    You're welcome ! Thanks orangewillow for the link to the demon names, that is quite a good one too !
  9. yaoifan1257
    yaoifan1257
    Do you need approval from someone to post stories? because today i wrote a story then put it in community CAfe then like 2 hrs later it disappeared... and i checked and it's not there under my thread anymore D=..waht did i do wrong that got it deleted?
  10. orangewillow
    orangewillow
    You posted it in the wrong section, and it was moved to the fiction corner.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast