aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Post a piece you're working on, or just one you enjoy, or both!

1. xXxItachixXx
    For violin, I'm currently working on Chaconne by Vitali ( I've only got like 3 pages down xD) and Czardas by Monti I guess I'm having a romantic streak right now xD
    And for piano, I just started on Chaconne by YIRUMA xD And the Final Fantasy XIII theme xD
    I'm also ATTEMPTING to work out Rach's Prelude.....attempting xD
  2. sweetnox
    sweetnox
    Oooh Czardas! I'm doing that too! You have any references you listen to? I found Maxim Vengerov's version on youtube... Super cool! But the speed... wah... needs getting used to... can't seem to play it off clearly... always seem jumbled and rushed... Btw, any pianists out there? Is piano hard for adults to learn? Maybe I'd pick it up in a few years...
  3. chopancake
    chopancake
    I'm currently working on:

Isaac Albéniz - El Albaicín

Scriabin - Etude Op. 8 No. 9 Alla Ballata

Liszt - Harmonies du Soir (actually i had to 'relearn' this one for a masterclass...)

Bach - Prelude and Fugue in B flat minor

Rachmaninoff - Etude-Tableau Op.39/No.8

for the winter exam (winter's a deadline, actually, because i'll practice these pieces even after the examination is over....you can never 'finish' a piece, as you'll always develop and learn as time passes by, and new thoughts and ideas will pop in your head...and you can make it only better )
  4. mokona666
    mokona666
    MMmmm I've worked on lots and had lots of favourite, and my most recent one would be Sonatine II by Ravel....I'm looking to learn the other 2 as well but havent gotten around to it yet haha
  5. dobioi85
    dobioi85
    I am about ready to complete a sonata by Mozart and I have started another sonata by Mozart while finishing the other.

Maybe I will post a recording or a video.
  6. lupinecomplex
    lupinecomplex
    Since I'm technically on a hiatus from school, I haven't been working very hard on piano at all after college auditions were finished, lmao. Terrible for a music-major, I know. xD But eh.

I'm taking the time right now to go and learn all the pieces I wish I had learned before, so all of these are pieces I've fallen in love with, but never got to play before, either because my teacher didn't find it suitable for me or because I just didn't have the time to dedicate into it. So this isn't really what I should have as a complete repertoire covering all 4 main musical periods plus an etude and stuff. But ah well, I'm having fun. xD

Liszt's Mephisto Waltz No. 1 (Part 1: HOROWITZ - LISZT Mephisto Waltz CRAZY CADENZA LIVE!!! 1/2 - YouTube; Part 2: HOROWITZ - LISZT Mephisto Waltz with CRAZY CADENZA LIVE!!! 2/2 - YouTube ) -- Yes, this is the famous one that everyone plays. xD I love Horowitz's version, but that could also be my Horowitz bias talking. c: I've been in love with this piece for 5 years, but I've never officially played it until now.

Beethoven Appassionata Sonata (Starting from Mvt 3: Arrau Plays Beethoven - YouTube): Arrau's version. Since I'm starting from the third movement, I'll put the link for that here. But yeah, out of the famous Beethoven Sonatas, I've only officially played the Waldstein, so I'm going back and playing the other ones (Appassionata, Pathetique, Tempest, yes Moonlight, Hammerklavier eventually, etc.).

Scriabin Etude, Op. 8 No. 12 (Horowitz Plays Scriabin Etude Op. 8 No. 12 - YouTube) -- Horowitz version again. .... Look, I like Horowitz okay. xD Another one of his more famous etudes. I played his Etude Op. 42, No. 5 for my college auditions, so I figured I should go back while I have the time and play all the good etudes. Love the Russian music. It's one of my favorites.

Medtner Fairy Tale in B-flat, Op. 20, No. 1 (Medtner plays Fairy Tale in B flat Op. 20/1 - YouTube) -- Played by Medtner himself. Loooove the Russian music. xD

Rachmaninov's Musical Moments -- You might as well go search these up yourself, since there are six of them and I'm working my way through all six. Again, love the Russian music.

Chopin Ballades -- Pretty easy to find and pretty well-known. Again, working my way through all four, so pick your favorite version on youtube. xD

Lots of Liszt, which I shall deign from preparing links for because there are too many -- Can you tell he's one of my favorite composers? xD Rigoletto-Paraphrase, Transcendental Etudes (specifically Mazeppa), Tarantella, that Liszt Sonata, etc.

And then, to round it all off with a contemporary (yes, I know I missed baroque........ but c'mon. Bach. ), Barber Sonata Op. 24 (Starting from Mvt 4, the famous one: Barber - Sonata for Piano : IV "Fuga, Allegro con spirito" - YouTube) -- Lol, fell in love with this one when one of the older students played it in a studio class one day a long time ago, but you can't play this piece when you're 12, okay. You just can't. It just won't sound right. xD

So yepppp. Basically, you might say I went back and am playing all the pieces my teacher wouldn't let me play before. :P
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12