aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Go ahead and laugh, but I have a question!

1. Kadaj_chan
    Hi tairen!
    does that mean that the first child of Juuri and Haruka was really a girl and not a boy?
  2. gollumsfriend
    gollumsfriend
    TAIREN: Gollumsfriend in Episode 8 of Vampire Knight Guilty, Haruka says "Since that time when you kidnapped our beloved daughter". Does that help?

Thanks, tairen......but no, it doesn't help, lol, it kinda makes things worse! Because both sources of Episode 8 that I have checked (see list in my last post) say "child" and not "daughter" like you said.

I'm sure that depending on the source you are watching Ep. 8 from (veoh, youtube, DVD, etc)......that there are differences in the subtitles being used---so understand I'm not arguing "child vs. daughter" with you. I think it just depends on the source.
  3. gollumsfriend
    gollumsfriend
    Tairen said: <<In addition, episode 8, where Yuuki is sinking her teeth into Kaname, one of his memories pops up showing Rido dropping his blood into this triangle like container, suspended in the air by chaines. This blood then drops into what I have to assume is Kaname.>>

Yep, I absolutely agree. I also believe that memory flashback was what took place when Rido "awakened" Kaname.

You mention Rido "awakening" Kaname's vampiric abilities. Please understand.......I know all this, though I appreciate ALL of your input!! I'll try to explain again, what it is I don't understand (and it relates to your post):

I know the purpose of Rido awakening Kaname (to be master to the most powerful ancestor).....but what happened to Kaname/the ancestor in the first place, to make it so that he could be awoken to begin with??

Kaname/ancestor.....is immortal. So what lead to the event of Rido awakening him? Was he in a state of long-term slumber? Or had he died by taking his own life? Or murdered by another pureblood? There is a *reason* that Rido was able to awaken him in the first place.......and I want to know what it is. In one of the last (online) manga chapters, we see a glimpse of the ancestor......in a state of extreme lonliness. And that's all. Grrrrrr........

The only thing I disagree with that you mention is "Rido awakens Kaname to his Vampiric abilities"........that sounds as if Kaname "lost" his vampire side somehow, like Yuuki did, and I don't believe that happened at all. Rido awakened Kaname either from DEATH, or from a long SLUMBER......I'm just trying to figure out which----and if Kaname (ancestor) had died, then from what? But I don't believe Kaname ever lost his abilities.

Isn't the japanese version further along than chaper 54/english? I always thought it was. I'm sure Kaname's backstory will be answered eventually--I was just hoping someone here already knew the answer from the japanese releases.

Sorry for the long post.......I spend too much time pondering this story, LOL
  4. Kadaj_chan
    Kadaj_chan
    @gollumsfriend:I guess Rido awakened Kaname from a slumber since he used nearly the same method to awaken him as Kaname used to awaken Yuuki. (but it is just a guess).and I agree with you.Kaname has not lost any of his vampiric abilities.
  5. Carapheonix
    Carapheonix
    Kaname did originally die, but it hasn't said how yet, just that it had something to do with a lover in his past life. In the manga (SPOILERS~!!!!!!!!) there's a flashback of him in his past life, he's in front of a cracked mirror, crying and holding onto dust, and as we all know, when a pureblood dies they turn to dust. (well it may be every vampire rather than every pureblood....) Anyway, the theory is that someone killed (Yuki) in his past life and he wasn't able to be with/protect her so he died (somehow) and then came back (via Rido) to do it all over again. That's why he's always so over-protective and controlling, because he lost her once already. Or... at least that's the theory. (END SPOILERS~!!!!)
  6. gollumsfriend
    gollumsfriend
    I have seen this manga scene you're referring to.....and I believe the whole theory *except* for.......(MASSIVE SPOILERS)

...... the fact that you say it was supposed to be Yuki. Yuki was not alive during Kaname's "past life". She was born from her parents 15-17 years ago. She is not a "reawakened soul" in any way, like Kaname is.

If Kaname was indeed mourning the loss of someone in that scene, (which I believe) and that result lead to his (the ancestor's) demise (which I also can believe), the lover was definately not Yuki, but someone else.
  7. Kadaj_chan
    Kadaj_chan
    yeah...may be it was some one else...some one with the the similarity to Yuuki
  8. WindchildXD
    WindchildXD
    @gollumsfriend: Well... I was going to answer your question but I forgot along the way with all the replies I've been reading...

BUT!!! I think I've seen that picture somewhere, maybe it was in the VKG opening or something. It could be Haruka, Rido (chances are small since both the eyes have same color in the pic) or Kaname.

Its really stupid to continue writing this since I forgot your original question...BUUUUT!!! I'll share my theory from the manga. What I'm about to say from this point will contain SPOILERS...

From anime, Kaname's past wasn't explored much but they did on manga. From my point of view the 'Kaname' we see is NOT Yuuki's brother, I think from one of the last chapters (chapter 67 or 66) there's a part where its seen Yuuki's brother was killed when he was a baby by none other than Rido (as far as I remember). From THERE on...something weird happened, I don't know what, but the other Kaname (NOT Yuuki's dead brother) who's been traveling around places and lived for so long... SOMEHOW took Yuuki's brother's place and continued to act like her real brother...

I don't know, its quite messed (my theory I mean)... but this is what I thought when I read one of those last chapters where Kaname is revealing Yuuki the history behind one of the rooms (after they left Cross Academy; chapter 67 or 66)...

Again... if I see the anime again, I might be able to recall who's the dude in the pic....

~Wind
  9. Kadaj_chan
    Kadaj_chan
    SPOILERS
    well, in the manga Rido sacrificed baby Kaname (the original son of Haruka and Juuri) to awaken the ancestor Kaname. When Haruka came He saw that he was late and the baby was killed and the ancestor was already awakened. I think Kaname (the ancestor) kinda gave himself as the son to the Haruka and Juuri instead of the dead baby.What I think is he manipulated his body in a way that a child would appear to Haruka e he But they knew that he was not their original son.
    Kaname is the ancestor of Kuran (it is also mentioned in anime)
    as for the lover, in the manga it is also shown in the manga he was greatly bonded and even were in a platonic love with a pureblood vampire woman in his past life which sacrificed her life in war which resulted in making anti-vampire weapons and Artemis and Bloody Rose. She seriously looks like Zero in the manga and I seriously think Zero is connected to her in some sort
  10. gollumsfriend
    gollumsfriend
    My original question was posted in July 2009. Gotta say I'm surprised this is still being discussed.

While I'm not anywhere near into VK as much as I used to be, I did enjoy the more recent chapters that delved into the Ancestor's past more. Too bad that I forget about them shortly after reading.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast