aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Manga or Anime?

1. bijouflower
    bijouflower
    So Ive watched all of Kuroshitsuji ever made! But I havent had time to start the manga yet cause im readin other stuff, but I heard they were super different and thought I would make a post where you can describe, vent, love, and help others w/ questions about it! I was just wondering what people thought about a season 3 since the anime is super different from the manga and which one you liked more and stuff! And why of course! ♥ Speak your mind people!
  2. ScarlettGuro
    ScarlettGuro
    Personally, I enjoyed both the anime and manga almost equally. Almost. The manga I found was a tad better (read the first 6 volumes), though both the stories are completely different. The corset scene is in both though (thank fracken GAH for that) and still awesome =D it really depends on which plot you'd enjoy better. The anime has a more direct and focused plot (for the first season anyway) but the anime elaborates the characters more... Kuroshitsuji II was a completely pointless addition to the franchise imo, but I absolutely loved it. Gotta love Alois and his skanky clothing lol! Depending on where the plot goes, a season three would be BEYOND EPIC!
  3. ClosetedYaoiFan
    ClosetedYaoiFan
    I've read all of the manga to date, and am currently in the middle of Kuroshitsuji II. The story is pretty much the same through episode 3 or so then veers off drastically. Personally I prefer the manga, and I felt like the character development in the anime was a little flat sometimes, and some of the episodes seemed filler-y. (for example, I still don't get Angela/Ashe's motivation for doing what they did) I'm only on episode 5 of KII and so far it seems pretty unnecessary, but I'll wait until I finish it to pass judgement. The character development of Ciel is slightly different in the anime as well, but the anime wraps up the story while the manga is ongoing so there's no telling what will happen. I like both anime Ciel and manga Ciel for different reasons . There are more gags (as in funny moments) in the anime, which could be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. One thing I liked in the manga was that a lot more of Sebastian and Ciel's history was shown. I also preferred the storyline in the manga, even though nothing's really been resolved yet and it's mostly a collection of different story arcs that may have some relation to Ciel's revenge plot.