aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Where have all the good vampire books gone?

1. StraitJacket
    StraitJacket
    Hi! I would like to recommend Ann Rice book Interview With The Vampire. I really love that book

It's about the vampire Louis and how he became a vampire and his life after that.......

Really good book for all vampie lovers ^^
  2. hayenga
    hayenga
    OOOOOH Interview with a Vampire was a good one!!!!!
  3. tuatha
    tuatha

Ok. Well first off I want to say hello to all...Im a newbie here.

But to really get down to it...."good vampire books?!"

The title and question are what made me join. As for some REALLLLLLY good books I SUGGEST (I would demand, but thats no way to get pple to read something ....) reading anything from LJ SMITH!!!!!!

I do not want to be harsh and bash on Twilight, but the truth (for me) is that it does not even compare to lets say VAMPIRE DIARIES OR THE NIGHT WORLD SERIES which are by LJ SMITH.

If you want utterly exciting stories about all things supernatural like VAMPIRES, WEREWOLVES, SHAPESHIFTERS, WITCHES she is the one to go for it. Not to mention that there's a bit of romance thrown in too.

Seriously....its one of the best. I read all of her books when i was in 5th grade, and now that Im in my 20's i still think its one of the best vampire books i've read. Now THAT is saying something.
    lol, so go take a look, you won't lose anything...and you might gain alot. lol
  4. alexpablok66688
    alexpablok66688
    fanaly people who likes those precious books!!
  5. bookimp
    bookimp
    Ooh I hadn't read Mike Shade or Lara Adrian. I've got them downloaded now so will report back. I'm a longtime reader of Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, and Kelley Armstrong.

I can also recommend Kim Harrison's Hollows series which starts with Dead Witch Walking:
    " The underground population of witches, vampires, werewolves—creatures of dreams and nightmares—has lived beside humans for centuries, hiding their powers. But after a genetically engineered virus wipes out a large part of humanity, many of the "Inderlanders" reveal themselves, changing everything.

Rachel Morgan, witch and bounty hunter with the Inderland Runner Services, is one of the best at apprehending supernatural lawbreakers throughout Cincinnati, but when it comes to following the rules, she falls desperately short. Determined to buck the system, she quits and takes off on the run with an I.S. contract on her head and is reluctantly forced to team up with Ivy, Inderland's best runner . . . and a living vampire. But this witch is way out of her league, and to clear her name, Rachel must evade shape-changing assassins, outwit a powerful businessman/crime lord, and survive a vicious underground fight-to-the-death . . . not to mention her own roommate."

Also... if you are not familiar with it try What Should I Read Next? where you can create an account and list all the books you've read and it will suggest more.
  6. Krowhop
    Krowhop
    oh lordy, I don't even know where to begin. I have a list around here somewhere....

By Lynsay Sands (my favorites)
    1. A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1)
    2. Love Bites (Argeneau Vampires)
    3. Single White Vampire (Argeneau Vampires, Book 3)
    4. Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau Vampires, Book 4)
    5. A Bite to Remember (Argeneau Vampires, Book 5)
    6. Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau Vampires, Book 6)
    7. The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau Vampires, Book 7)
    8. Vampires Are Forever (Argeneau Vampires, Book 8)
    9. Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau Vampires, Book 9)
    10. The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau Vampires, Book 10)
    11. The Immortal Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel (Argeneau Vampires)
    12. The Renegade Hunter: A Rogue Hunter Novel

Gerry Bartlett
    1. Real Vampires Have Curves
    2. Real Vampires Live Large
    3. Real Vampires Get Lucky
    4. Real Vampires Don't Diet
    5. Real Vampires Hate Their Thighs
    6. Real Vampires Have More To Love (coming out December 2010)

(These are some good were-animal books)
    by Rachel Vincent
    1. Stray
    2. Rogue
    3. Pride
    4. Prey
    5. Shift
    6. Alpha (October 2010)

I can't actually find my old list, these are just some I remember off the top of my head...OH WAIT. I forgot the Vegas Vampires, lol.

Erin McCarthy
    * High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, Book 1)
    * Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, Book 2)
    * Bled Dry: A Tale of Vegas Vampires (Book 3)
    * Sucker Bet ( Vegas Vampires, Book 4)
    * Russian Roulette - found in the First Blood anthology
    * Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Anthology)

Ok, My mind is now drawing a blank. I'll add more later.
  7. Gwendolen
    Gwendolen
    *Bows humbly* I apologize for being such an awful hostess! Sorry for being absent for such a long time but life and obligations got in the way, and I was very busy >.<
    I want to welcome all the new members, although the welcome is almost a year late XD
    Thank you for joining and welcome^^ I hope you enjoy your time here, and feel free to share your recommendations!
    It doesn't have to be Vampire or supernatural-related only, share with us SF, fiction, fantasy too~~~
    (WE~LL, IF THE RECS COULD INCLUDE HOT BISHIES TOO, THAT WOULD BE LOVELY!!!! )
    I'm impressed with the recommendations all of you posted here! There's so much garbage out there when it comes to vampire lit, and so many readers are bored to read the good stuff or just go along with what's popular, I was beginning to think I belong to a minority or something XD
    Tuatha, thank you for recommending L.J. SMITH, she's, IMO, the true mother of teen vampire literature...I mean, heck, even people beyond their teens adore her books, that's got to mean something. And when I discovered her books like 2 years ago, the first thing that crossed my mind was damn, I would have loved to have 'grown up' reading these books when I was younger! I love her writing, it's straightforward, but at the same time so rich and it draws you in right from the start...and then comes the point when the book ends and you want more! I love the relationship building too. I especially like her Night World series, it's lovely, and has a little bit of everything when it comes to otherworldly creatures. What I like best is that although it falls under the category of teen literature, it's so much more than that...L.J. Smith's books are treasures for every generation and all ages.
    I just discovered her Dark Visions book, I haven't read it yet but I have heard it's very good.

I haven't been reading many books recently (been playing BL games like crazy XD), but I definitely recommend L.J. Smith and Jacqueline Carey....OMG, Carey just blew me away, she's a genius, her writing is amazing, her world-building and story-weaving beautiful! It's not vampires/werewolves/witches related, but it has Gods, mythology twists, S&M and gender-bending undertones, and all that in a Renaissance-like imagined world so beautiful and breathtaking, that I lose myself in every-time I read her books. And her guys are SEXY, OMG, SO SEXY...Edward from Twilight??? Heh, that's a mere KID compared to Carey's guys...

That's all from me for now, I'll be updating my recommendations list, hopefully I'll help some of you readers discover a new book or series to read and fall in love with ^^
    Hugs and Kisses from the cult leader XDXDXDXD

UPDATE: I've updated the vampire books recommendations, those interested take a peek in the pictures added *winks*
  8. Namsoon
    Namsoon
    Hey, I had to Join!
    Bram Stroker, and Anne Rice. That's all I own in the way of Vampire novels.

Though I did work in a bookstore for two years, so I had access to a lot of stuff.

I guess I'm sort of an elitist when it comes to Vampire Novels. I understand that people have the right to there own imagination, but Meyers (T-tard) Novels really irked the crap out of me. (I mean who else grew up on Anne Rice? Doesn't Meyer's just pi** you off?) That might as well have something to do with the fact that I practically grew up on Anne Rice. I breathed in the smell of the pages everyday, LOL. I even had a whole VC RP Group, I still have my old 1996 Louis SN! and it's 2011 - GOOD LORD. Lol. (<- Nerd)

OH I AM RAMBLING - Anyway, I'm glad you made this group. I hope you get up some more discussions!!
  9. MistressLenora90
    MistressLenora90
    J.R. Ward is the best people!! I'm surprised no one has mentioned her!! Her vampire series the Black Dagger Brotherhood is a new spin on vampires and her bad guys are crazy scary. Each book leaves you with a cliffhanger until you're forced to get the next one. Just read the first 50 pages of the first book and you won't be able to put down her series (which is still being written).
  10. danceofgold
    danceofgold
    Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series is my all time fav besides Anne Rice. Her main character is a kickass vamp hunter and the love interest is this really sexy French vampire, and later a werewolf and some other guys. This series was written a long time before Twilight and definitely beats Twilight hands down. Books 1-9 are great, but after that she went overboard with all the sex scenes.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast