aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Where have all the good vampire books gone?

1. Gwendolen
    Gwendolen
    amade0, I suspect we're not supposed to share links...but PM is fine, I guess XD
    Thanx for the PM XD

I'll post some more reviews later^^ *kisses*
  2. amade0
    amade0
    we need more members lol xD the group is slowly dying x___X
  3. fovika
    fovika
    Lara Adrian
    A Kiss of Midnight
    (The first book in the Midnight Breed series)

Is a fantastic series... there are 6 books so far, and many more to come.
    This is what it says on a website about the books...
    Part human, part otherworldly, the Breed has lived among humankind for thousands of years, maintaining a tentative peace built on secrecy, power, and the dark justice carried out by the formidable warriors of the Order.

But now, a blood war within the race is set to ignite. Vampires are going Rogue in startling numbers, feeding without discretion, killing humans in the streets. It is up to the Order to stop the spreading threat of Rogue domination--and in so doing, each of the warriors will be forced to confront private demons, darkest secrets, deepest fears. Some will know triumph, some will know loss, but each warrior can count on one thing: Love, when it finds him, will often come at the worst possible moment, with the least likely woman . . . and it will bring each of these powerful males to his knees.

"Evocative, enticing, erotic . . . Enter Lara Adrian's vampire world
    and be enchanted!"
    --J.R. Ward, New York Times bestselling author

"A thrilling blend of dark passion and heart-pounding action.
    Lara Adrian always delivers a keeper!"
    --Gena Showalter, New York Times bestselling author

"Sexy, dark, and very otherworld, this exciting new vampire series
    will appeal to fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon and J.R. Ward."
    --Susan Grimshaw, Corporate Buyer, Waldenbooks / Borders
    It really is a great book, it got all of the best things in it, erotica, supernatural, angst and so much more.
  4. Gwendolen
    Gwendolen
    I am such a bad hostess, er, cult leader *grin*
    Even belatedly, I wish to extend a warm welcome to new members fovika, sasuke. , AlendilSama, and Saizen!

Fovika, thanx for your recommendation!
    I have heard of Lara Adrian, I even have her Midnight Breeds uploaded on my E-Reader...Just never got down to reading her work ^^
    I'll do so as soon as I find some time. I like some of Gena Showalter's books, so her opinion on the Midnight Breeds series is another reason I'll give the books a try^^ Thank u
  5. fovika
    fovika
    Yay, trust me, you won't regret reading it (them). She has a way of expresing what she means very well. You get drawn in.
  6. fovika
    fovika
    And while I'm here I might as well make one more recommendation:
    Kelley Armstrong
    The Women of the Otherworld series

there are 9 or 10 books so far and more to come.
    Elena Michaels is the world's only female werewolf. And she's tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her— her temper, her violence—but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she's growing content with that life, with being that person.
    So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she's trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she'll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really.
    that's the first book... It has werewolves and all of the supernatural beings (vampires, witches... sorry i can't think of them right at the moment) but you only hear about the werewolves in the first book... Anywho, it's a great book and if I stumble apon any more I'll inform the group... YAY
  7. hayenga
    hayenga
    I just want to say HI! before i recommend my books! XD SOOOO HELLO!

I know that these are mostly young adult books but they are still really really GOOD!!!!

All by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes------

In the Forests of the Night (1999)

I was born to the name Rachel Weatere in the year 1684, more than three hundred years ago.
    The one who changed me named me Risika, and Risika I became, though I never asked what it meant. I continue to call myself Risika, even though I was transformed into what I am against my will.

By day, Risika sleeps in a shaded room in Concord, Massachusetts. By night, she hunts the streets of New York City. She is used to being alone.

But now, someone is following Risika. Someone has left her a black rose, the same sort of rose that sealed her fate three hundred years ago.

Three hundred years ago Risika had a family- a brother and a sister who she loved. Three hundred years ago she was human.

Now she is a vampire, a powerful one. And her past has come back to torment her.

-------------------------------------------------------

Demon in My View (2000)

Jessica isn't your average teenager. Though nobody knows at her high school knows it, she's a published author. Her vampire novel Tiger, Tiger has just come out under the pen name Ash Night. Jessica often wishes she felt as comfortable with her classmates as she does among the vampires and witches of her fiction. She has always been treated as an outsider at Ramsa High.

But two new students have just arrived in Ramsa, and both want Jessica's attention. She has no patience with overly friendly Caryn, but she's instantly drawn to handsome Alex, a cocky, mysterious boy who seems surprisingly familiar. If she didn't know better, she'd think Aubrey, the alluring villian from Tiger, Tiger, had just sprung to life. That's impossible, of course; Aubrey is a figment of her imagination. Or is he?
  8. hayenga
    hayenga

Shattered Mirror (2001)

To the casual observer, Christopher Ravena and Sarah Vida look like normal high school students - there's nothing to clue their classmates in to their real identities. He's a vampire who has sworn off human blood; she's a witch, a daughter of the most powerful vampire-hunting dynasty in history. Although Sarah recognizes Christopher as her enemy from the moment she sees him, he is too weak to sense her witch aura and keep his distance. In fact, he's attracted to her, and he pursues her. Slowly, without meaning to, Sarah finds herself won over by his sensitivity, his gentleness, his kindness.

When they're together, she forgets that he's a vampire. Unfortunately, when they're apart, it's all she can do to remember. According to Vida law, no hunter can befriend a vampire without facing unimaginable consequences. But when Saraj finally decides to reveal herself and end their friendship, she discovers that Christopher has secrets too. His past and her future collide as they both get tangled up with Nikolas, one of the most reviled vampires ever. Suddenly a world where right and wrong were once as clear as black and white leaves room for little more than shades of gray.

------------------------------------------------------

Midnight Predator (2002)

Though she was once a happy teenager with a wonderful family and a full life, Turquoise Draka is now a hunter, committed to no higher purpose than making money and staying alive. In a deadly world of vampires, shape-shifters, and powerful mercenaries, she’ll track any prey if the price is right. Her current assignment: to assassinate Jeshikah, one of the cruelest vampires in history. Her employer: an unknown contact who wants the job done fast. Her major obstacle: she’ll have to mask her strength and enter Midnight, a fabled Vampire realm, as a human slave.

The disguise is difficult for Turquoise: Feigning submission forces her to confront the miserable days of slavery she endured when a handsome vampire murdered her family and forced her into his service. As a hunter, she suppressed all memory of those days, banishing weakness and sentiment, training her body and her mind to focus on her deadly work. Now, as a slave in this mythical city, she serves Jaguar, a kindly master tormented by his own past. Jaguar, a vampire and slave owner, may be just the creature to release the humanity Turquoise long ago locked away.
  9. hayenga
    hayenga

Hawksong (2003)--
    Series: Kiesha'ra, the
    Part: 1

Danica Shardae is an avian shapeshifter, and the golden hawk’s form in which she takes to the sky is as natural to her as the human one that graces her on land. The only thing more familiar to her is war: It has raged between her people and the serpiente for so long, no one can remember how the fighting began. All they know is hatred, fear, and endless years of bloodshed. And Danica is tired of it. As heir to the avian throne, Danica will do anything in her power to stop this war – even accept Zane Cobriana, the terrifying leader of her kind’s greatest enemy, as her pair bond and make the two royal families one.

Now Danica must convince her people that Zane is just as committed to peace as she is – though she can’t help fearing that, despite his word, he will strike as swiftly and lethally as the cobra that is his second form. Among the serpiente, she’ll have to pretend to be in love, though when they’re alone, her reserve threatens to keep her and Zane worlds apart. And in their midst are dissenters who will do whatever it takes to destroy this union.

Trust. It is all Zane asks of Danica – and all they ask of their people – but it may be more than she can give.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Snakecharm (2004)
    Part: 2

Zane Cobriana, cobra shapeshifter, thanks the gods every day for Danica, his hawk pair bond, and the peace their union has brought to the avian and serpiente. Soon, Danica will have a child to carry on their royal line. But what should be a happy time is riddled with doubt.

Syfka, an ancient falcon, has arrived from Ahnmik claiming that one of her people is hidden in their midst. The falcons are more powerful than the avians and serpiente combined, and Syfka shows nothing but contempt for Zane and Danica's alliance. To Zane's horror, his own people seem just as appalled as Syfka is by the thought of a mixed-blood child becoming heir to the throne. Is Syfka's lost falcon just a ruse to stir up controversy among them? The truth lies somewhere in their tangled pasts - and the search will redefine Zane and Danica's fragile future.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcondance (2005)
    Part: 3

Nicias has never felt completely at home among the avians and serpiente in Wyvern’s Court, despite his loyalty to Oliza Shardae Cobriana, the heir to both thrones. He is a falcon, the son of two exiles from Anhmik—and images of this distant island have always haunted his dreams. But when Nicias’s visions become more like reality, his parents have no choice but to send him back to the homeland—and a royal falcon—they’ve tried their best to forget.

If Araceli won’t bind Nicias’s newfound magic, it could destroy him. In a place where everyone is a pawn, only one other woman has the potential to save Nicias. But she holds the keys to a dangerous power struggle that will force Nicias to choose between his duty—and his destiny.
  10. hayenga
    hayenga

Wolfcry (2006)
    Part: 4

Oliza Shardae Cobriana is heir to Wyvern's Court, home of the avians and serpiente, whose war with each other ended just before Oliza was born. But hatred is slow to die, and not everyone likes the expressive way in which Urban, a serpiente dancer, is courting Oliza--especially not Marus, her reserved avian suitor. And when Urban is found beaten in avian land, Oliza is filled with despair. How can she be expected to lead a unified society if her people still cannot live peacefully together?

Before Oliza can try to mend the rift in Wyvern's Court, she is kidnapped by mercenaries, who take her deep into wolves' territory. As Wyvern princess, all Oliza has ever wanted is to see a future where she can find love and take a mate without inciting another war. The time is now. She owes it to her people--and to herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyvernhail (2007)
    Part: 5

Hai has always been an outsider. With a falcon mother and a deceased cobra father, she is considered a mongrel by most, an ally by some, and a friend by few. Hai's broken falcon wings are a painful reminder of the life she once led on the island of Ahnmik. And here in Wyvern's Court, the avian and serpiente royal family keep their distance, refusing to acknowledge her cobra bloodline. They know that Hai's magic is so volatile, she can barely control it, and images of the past and future threaten to overwhelm her.

When Hai's cousin, Oliza Shardae Cobriana, abdicates the throne of Wyvern's Court, Hai has visions only of destruction: the serpiente king Salem, dying in her arms; the dutiful guard, Nicias, unable to save a generation of children; and Wyvern's Court engulfed in flames.

Now Hai will do anything to protect her new home - even if it means betraying the very people who need her most.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence of Memory (2008)

Sixteen-year-old Erin Misrahe just wants to be like everyone else in her new school. But Erin has more to worry about than passing AP Chemistry or making friends. In times of stress, she has always been overcome by her alter ego, Shevaun, whose violent behavior wreaks havoc on those around her. Erin can never remember anything about these episodes, and she’s grateful to have been spared them for a while.

But when a protective friend comes back into Erin’s life, he insists that Shevaun is a vampire who actually exists apart from Erin. Shevaun has dangerous allies, like the handsome witch Adjila—and they’re determined to sever Shevaun’s connection to Erin once and for all.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast