aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Japanese

1. Orovingwen
    Does any of you study Japanese? or maybe even speak it? Maybe you are interested in learning?

I am currently learning it and it is so great to understand more of the original dialogue. I started buying my favourite Manga Gravitation in Japanese too. I like look up some phrases that were translated differently into English and German and then to read how it was in Japanese. Luckily Gravitation has Furigana so reading Kanji is not required, which makes it easier to things up.

There is the last sentence of teh Gravitation Ex Manga, where in German Yuki says "du bist meine Gummipuppe" in english he says "you are my glory hole" (in the Scanlation it is "toilet hole" instead) and I was wondering what he actually says "aitsu wa ore no ana" which means "he is my hole"

Or maybe I am the only crazy one here?
  2. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    I learned one year, when i was studing Japanologie at the University...

I tried to translate a sentence from a yaoi-manga with our Uni-learnign book
    it went quite well, I could figure out he (the uke) was saying something with 'dein groß' and 'spritzen'
  3. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    oh Japanese Studies. How is it? How good did you have to be in Japanese? pretty good I imagine. Was is hard? Did you like it?

I wonder, which manga did you translate? Do you still translate passages?
  4. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    If you want to study japanologie your japanese-level can be 0 of course XD
    you beginn with hiragana and 'hello'
    there are very very many beginnrs, and many many stop learnign it. cause after 1 semester its very difficult...
    the Theorie-teacher, Holubowski was bad as hell XDDD
    but the teacher for the talking-lessons was very nice and cute!

many students are creepy XDDD

if was a yaoi from Haruka Minami, I don#t know which
    I don#t translate it really, it was just for fun
    if I want to read translated yaoi, then I google XDDD
  5. melon321
    melon321
    understand and reading original yaoi sure would be nice, as some stuff didnt translate yet. maybe i will try learning it one day, but i needa work on my mother language (chinese) and swedish first heh xD~

I tried to translate a sentence from a yaoi-manga with our Uni-learnign book
    it went quite well, I could figure out he (the uke) was saying something with 'dein groß' and 'spritzen'
    HAHA xD. seems like u translated the most important parts xD!!
  6. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    @Elliiy
    well I know kana and uhm.. 日 the other ~20 kanji are just with one reading. and writing is a hole different thing. I study my stuff on the computer so hand writing is still very bad. but I try to write some Kana from time to time. But only when I have more time then things to learn. which is not often.
    But it is quite a nice thing to watch an anime (or Dorama) and to actually get what the person just said. Oh how excited I was when I understood my fist sentence!

So don't you need to actual speak Japanese? I mean not at more then a beginner level? sounds strange.

thank god for scanlation teams. without it I couldn't satisfy my thirst for BL.

@melon321
    I am not as far as reading/watching untranslated things (yet) but since I like to get in-depth with stories I watch every word of the characters as well and for that the original words are much more important.
    oh you have Chinese roots? nice. Do you need to fresh it up? Where do you study?
    Swedish.. isn't it a bit harder then German concerning the grammar?
  7. melon321
    melon321
    um yea. my parents r both chinese. my mom and my dad speaking different dialects. so like my mom and my dad communicate with one dialect, which i can understand but hardly speak. with my dad i speak another dialect in which i aint good at xD. i grew up with my parents mainly talking with me in german so i guess i didnt learn too much chinese :/
    regarding swedish, no i dont think so o: .. its quite similar to german i think xD, but yea its alright since i have a native speaker as teacher
  8. Elliiy
    Elliiy
    When you learn japanese at the Uni, and du bist wirklich dabei, then you can schaffen it.
    I mean 9 out of 10 wechseln das Studium. But the One Girl which is still Learning it, is very happy.
    You have to learn Lists of kanji (for tests and so).

If we both come to an aarinmeeting One Time, i can take my Learning Books with me

Swedish: its difficult for me to say, cause i Talk German all the Day, but i think swedish is easier!
    For example with the Verben, uebersetzt it is like:
    ich esse - du esse - er esse USW
    the wird's don't Change, and so you have it a little Bit easier
    (my motherlanguages are German and swedish - but i learned swedish 2 Semesters at the University (skandinavistik))
  9. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    And I hear I thought Swedish had more cases then we have.

@melom
    I think the most problem I'd have would be the pronunciation. But I guess if you already know a bit from your parents then that is no problem, or is it?

@Elliiy
    Sometimes I think when people don't get it right away they simply walk away.

I mainly learn with Japanesepod101.com but I have some books too, just to have another source of information as well (and to have German _ Japanese stuff ins read of English - Japanese ). I just bought Kanji & Kana 1 from Langenscheidt. but I haven't really started. Now with the new JLPT system I have to figure out which are the JLPT 5 Kanji. (I want to start with JLPT 5 and Class 1 Kanji) And how I am actually going to proceed. I was thinking of making separate flashcards with onyomi, kunyomi, radical and meaning. Maybe I can figure out how put in flash graphics in Anki then I can make it with stroke order as well.
    But I am a bit lazy. I hardly get my vocab done these days.

How do you learn Kanji? do you have a procedure? How do/did they teach it to you?
  10. melon321
    melon321
    @oro
    hm.. yea but my pronounciation still sucks compared to original xD. and i cant really read either @__@.. i attended some chinese school for some years with my sisters, but i couldnt learn well cus i couldnt understand the teacher as she was teaching in some other dialect i didnt understand xD

and, yea talking swedish is something totally different xD. its way easier to read as most words r very similar to german ones :3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast